Super Smash Bros Universe Mafia

Kaoz

I got in a fight with my dad last night and he turned off the Internet for my computer somehow (I'm at a friend's house right now--); trying to fix computer, hopefully be here in an hour. Feeling mildly depressed for no reason (or maybe for some), hopefully better in an hour. See you guys in an hour or two. @~@

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, I gave Eclipse a pass last phase for being sick, and I was hoping her play would be more active and involved this round and I don't think it has. She hasn't been very memorable this phase at all (neither have a bunch of other people, but eh). In the beginning she was on Proto with mostly everyone else, and then yesterday, other than one post on Blitz (who also needs to get in here), just had one sort of waffling post directed at Impy.

It's called "fuck if I'm going to be on someone else's case when they're claiming to be as sick as I was on D1". I've been there, and trying to concentrate while fighting your body isn't cool. I also like how I'm somehow less memorable than Shinori this phase. Most of yesterday was wondering where Eli went, then being sad when I found out what happened.

There are other reasons why we should split up. For instance, it prevents Mafia from claiming information that was shared to them by their buddies. Let's say we have a theoretical Cop claim, X, for example. If X claims to have investigated Y, with Y confirming the result, then it means that either X really is a Cop, or X is Mafia and his scumbuddy is either Y or a Mafia Cop Z that was on the same stage and investigated Y. If X is Mafia, it would be incredibly inconvenient if X wasn't actually a Cop, but was Mafia relying on Z for Cop results (X may have claimed Cop because he was pressured to claim and wanted to hide his true role). X wouldn't be able to get away with this fakeclaim for long, and might end up exposing Z as well if this keeps up. This doesn't just apply to info-roleclaims but any ability that can be proven/confirmed (like a Roleblocker).

Or the scenario that doesn't seem to be covered here: X is a mafia cop.

Huh. I only ever played the SSB game that had the Pokemon trainer with the three Kanto starters so I had no idea Piplup was a character. Since you're claiming a role similar to Psych and Proto is there any reason not to post your role PM for comparison purposes?

In SSBM, Piplup came out of a Pokeball.

I'm really not liking the lack of activity. We haven't even got close to actually picking something resembling a lynch target.

And there's less than 24 hours left in the phase.

So far: I don't think Proto is a good lynch target, and neither are Subi or Straw. Which basically means I think that we should be looking elsewhere.

We need something to happen...

Make something happen yourself.

Okay after rereading a bit, I feel more comfortable about proto and psych's claims and I think there are most likely town, that being said, the piplup claim from marth I find awkward and weird. I'm assuming since it's not the same ol' SSBB it doesn't have to be squirtle and piplup fits in that position, similar to how I'm shadow in this game but we don't know if sonic is or isn't, at the current moment I'm beginning to think he most likely isn't and Kaoz changed around some of the characters.

Going along these same lines I went back and looked at different pictures posted through role pms. If you compare Nag's picture of kirby to all the current pictures along with the picture of King dedede that Kay left behind for us I'm more inclined to believe that the first few claims are more town related than scum related because of trophies and all that jazz. There is the possibility that the scum have the same general pictures but Kaoz did something like this in his past game and the pictures were different between the town and the scum, that being said I don't know if he chose to help them with fake claims or not.

Moving on away from characters and claiming and all that jazz time to look for someone who's scummie. I don't know where SB has been, seems more inactive than me and not many quality posts at all. The only real post I see from him is this one.

Which really doesn't help his case that much or get attention off of him, he's not helping with discussion or anything it seems, however that being said this is pretty much how he played in SFM and he was town there, not much meta to go on but it's all there is. Now in that post he talks about how the scum could have used their ability to make proto and subi seem scummy, why didn't he say anything about strawman who was on the same exact stage? Is this something we should be thinking about?

I really don't quite know what to think about this post of SB's, thoughts anyone? Until further notice ##Vote: Serious bababa Maybe I missed something while reading through these posts but if mafia did it do make someone seem scummy it would just be everyone that was on that platform seem scummy, not just two people on the platform, compared to all of the people on the platform.

Currently leaning scum on SB, possibility of scum tracker on Timp, and I still don't like Prims, but that's more of a gut feeling.

I wouldn't take character obscurity into account when judging a roleclaim in this game even though most of the supposed town roles we've seen so far are actual characters.

##Unvote

Hopefully I'll be able to come back with better reads and a good lynch target later after re-reading some more. My mind isn't working properly right now.

body { background: #FFFFFF; margin: 0px; padding: 4px; font-family: arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 9pt; } font { font-size: 9px; } font { font-size: 13px; } font { font-size: 15px; } font { font-size: 17px; } font { font-size: 21px; } font { font-size: 26px; } font { font-size: 36px; } In-Thread Info:

Stages and their Players:

Battleship Halberd - Prims, Serious Bananas, Folgore Pink

Brinstar - Iris, Blitz, Shinori, Bluedoom

Castle Siege - BigBangMeteor, scorri, Excellen, Manix

Fountain of Dreams - Subieko, Naglfar, Proto, Strawman

Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1 - eclipse, Psych, Elieson

Claimed Roles:

Eclipse- Networker

Proto- Evolving Vanillager (Evolves from Visitation)

Psych- Evolving Vanillager (Evolves from Sun)

Marth- Evolving Vanillager (Has Evolved)

Straw- Role Booster

Shinori- Redirector, affected by Environment *Likely Fakeclaim*

Pink- Tracker

Day 1 Actions:

Subi- Didn't Target Naglfar or Straw

Night 1 Actions:

Pink- Tracked SB (Idled)

Marth- Evolved

Proto- Idled

Shinori- Marth to Iris (Changed by Environment)

Straw- Role Booster Subi

Eclipse- Networked Elieson

Psych- Idled *Not Claimed, but role says he can't do anything*

Role Hints:

Subieko- (Boosted to allow 2x targets, and apparently non-lethal targetted once)

BBM - Affected by environment

D1 Lynch, Kay (Town Role Cop)

N1 Kill, Naglfar (3rd SK)

i'm definitely town and you should definitely trust me

Prims, I don't want to see crap like this any more.

Also, with 17 players and the SK already dead, this game is going to be loooooooong. Need vig to engage in crowd control.

Except you did it again here. You want our vig to just shoot blindly? Or was that another one of your jokes that we should just ignore?

Oh hey, also I'm going to go ahead and tell you all this to save you the trouble. I targeted Subieko. She should(according to what I was told by le hosts) have confirmation that something happened to her last night.

This clears you

*wouldn't mind roleclaiming

Also, I forgot to mention, I idled last night.

How did you idle, if your role was claimed as Vanilla? Unless I'm reading too much into this, and you mean by idling, that you just did nothing. Poor choice of words, because if I was confused by this, someone else had to be too.

Dang slept through so many pages again. How do you guys manage to stay up so late? Anyway, I can confirm that I was targeted by something:

And yeah, as the above quoted message suggests, I have a day action, not a night action. Because of that and the fact that I'm not really sure how to best use my role, I'm okay with claiming if that's desired.

I need to go do breakfast/run errands but when I get back I will re-read and check out Proto and Strawman, and also reexamine the Kay wagon.

What I mean is that once I out my D1 target it will be obvious to them what my role does, so at least one person will know my role. So if I out my target I might as well out my role too. Although I guess if my target decided to just not say what effect my role had on them it wouldn't reveal any more information. That seems less useful to me though.

Yes, that one person will know your role and what you do. However, this is in no way a massclaim (unless you outting your target causes that person to claim to others).

Right now, there were 3 people on board with Nags, and Nags is dead. Proto is claiming Vanilla/Evolving, and Straw claims to have empowered you.

Reference

1. 'shroom Kingdom reporting, I got no special messages when I chose the stage.

2. You just said that you're vanilla, and brought up the point that you might be able to block the kill. WHY?

3. Shinori claimed redirector, and was on Brinstar. Are you saying that Shinori somehow got from Brinstar to Fountain of Dreams and redirected Nags to himself? Or are you saying there might be another redirection role?

4. Another possibility which I don't think happened? Nags shot himself. I know he did in SSBM, but that was because he was disgusted with the game. However, I don't see why he'd do that here; it was N1, and that's a really weird time to give up on a game, especially when you're SK.

5. And lastly, you are suspicious of Strawman/Subi, and then you unvote Subi.

Proto, it's late, stop making my head hurt.

I don't know...could this actually have happened? Between this and the possibility of a scum stage-piercer, I'm not sure exactly where to stand, but it's as if we may as well ignore the existance of stages in consideration of the NK (if one of these actually happened).

IIRC, Elieson said he had something like that in his role PM too. I can say that I do not and did not get any message related to my stage; my theory was that stages might affect night roles not day roles, since night roles are used while you're actually on the stage.

It is certainly true that I cannot prove my alignment, since my ability could be good for either alignment. However, Strawman's ability makes him more likely to be Town. If scum had the power to give someone two action uses, they wouldn't use it on a Townie; for him to be scum, I would have to be scum too. And having two scum on the same stage at this point in the game seems unlikely to me. Possible, but not likely. Plus the double action thing would be so OP for scum.

I think the likeliest scenario is that Naglfar idled; if the NK had been on another stage and he had killed someone on his stage, that would leave him and the two surviving people under heavy suspicion. It's also possible that dying cancels your night action but we have no way to tell at this point.

As for Proto's claim...well, I don't know. I doubt scum would fakeclaim vanilla unless there was at least one actual vanilla in the game, because a lone vanilla would be odd. But at the same time, Proto's D1 still seems very scummy to me.

I still Naglfar was killed either by Proto or an ability that ignores stages; if Proto's claim is true, then I would guess that scum sent no one to Fountain of Dreams and used the ability for the purpose of creating confusion. That's sort of a complicated plan though.

Aside from that, I would like Marth to say whether he was redirected to Iris, to prove Shinori's claim and also perhaps give us some idea what effect Brinstar had on Shinori's ability. I still have no idea about Bizz/Scorri and would like to see more opinions there; most of what I remember from Bizz is very long summary/reply posts that didn't have much actual content. Scorri, what do you think about people other than Proto and Prims?

Care to elaborate on your BBM suspicions?

I don't remember saying that, and for the record, I don't. My role has nothing to do with the actual stage, and didn't give me any indication that being on a stage may alter it's ability (like Shinori's).

http://serenesforest...dpost&p=2053617

Thanks for providing a legitimate Proto-post.

I'm also assuming that in Marth's role, him "Leveling Up", it means that he gains a level per night, and evolves. I don't know if this will continue, and I don't know what his role could've changed in to, but it's the most sensible thing I can make from it.

Alright, on to an analysis.

Currently, I'm not interested in lynching our Tracker yet. I know I voted her in D1, but I voted her before she claimed, and my next entrance in the thread was in N1, so I couldn't unvote. I don't know what else we have for investigative roles, but at least she's something.

Prims is bringing his game back that cheesed me off in Draft Mafia, but I'm not gonna meta the crap out of him and shout scum in his direction again, because no one listened to me last time. I need more reasonable proof before I point fingers based on meta.

With there being 3 evolving roles set as pokemon, I have reason to belive that their roles are true. However, it would make sense to me that one of those would more likely be scum, while the other two are town, just because it seems lopsided to start the town off with 3 vanilla roles for D1, when there's 19 players.

That being said, my concern towards Proto and Marth has been reduced.

Marth's early game still burns the back of my head, as who intentionally distracts scumhunting for half of a day phase +? But I'm willing to look past it at this point, as there's not much else coming my way from him, other than the fact that he is trying to defend Proto/Psych. Him being Piplup concerns me, but flavor means nothing, when the evil King Dedede flips town.

Straw is pretty much in the clear, because well he was confirmed telling the truth, since Subi vouched.

But what if Subieko and Straw are both scum, and Subi is just putting up a confirmation that Straw targetted her, when one of them could have actually killed Naglfar?

Good question, self. That's a very risky move for scum, as it's extremely likely that any investigative role will now target Subi to try to figure out what she is / who she targetted. Her role being claimed as Day blocks her from a Tracker, assuming she isn't lying about it. However, if every finger is being pointed at Proto, and Proto eventually flips town, whether it be by lynching or otherwise, it brings a lot of attention towards Subi, and then Straw (simply for being on the same stage).

It's not enough to move forward on, but it's a possibility that I didn't really see anyone else post (meanwhile, Naglfar killing himself was posted and debated, albeit for a short while).

I doubt that Strawman and Subi are scumbuddies, because associating yourself that closely this early is generally not smart. I also don't think that Naglfar killed himself because his reaction upon seeing his death was one of disappointment. Unless he's just trolling us with that, but I doubt that's the case here. I don't think Strawman is scum, but it's possible Subi is. However, I'm beginning to think more and more that the mafia disregarded the stage system when they killed. Whether that's something they can always do or something that's limited I don't know, but I honestly think we should stop focusing our attention on the people on that stage just because they were on that stage, and start looking more at the people whose actions/behaviour in the thread have been scummy.

Also, ELie, while that second Prims post is pretty bad, I think he's just joking in the first one.

I doubt that Strawman and Subi are scumbuddies, because associating yourself that closely this early is generally not smart. I also don't think that Naglfar killed himself because his reaction upon seeing his death was one of disappointment. Unless he's just trolling us with that, but I doubt that's the case here. I don't think Strawman is scum, but it's possible Subi is. However, I'm beginning to think more and more that the mafia disregarded the stage system when they killed. Whether that's something they can always do or something that's limited I don't know, but I honestly think we should stop focusing our attention on the people on that stage just because they were on that stage, and start looking more at the people whose actions/behaviour in the thread have been scummy.

Also, ELie, while that second Prims post is pretty bad, I think he's just joking in the first one.

I'm kind of getting at that. StrawSubi seems unlikely, as does Suicidal Nags. I don't want to disregard it as a possibility, but as things are going, we have good reason to believe that the stage was pierced, not 100% proof though.

One step further, based on the notes in my post, we have about half of the game claimed publically, with a few others hinted at.

SB is proven idled by Pink, then I don't see how he could be a priority lynch target. SO I really don't understand what you and Shinori are voting for him for. If you're prodding, that is one thing, but it does seem a little bit over the top to just up and start voting for someone who's been investigatively argued as a minimal town threat. And I'm certainly not defending him, I'm just defending the principal of voting for someone who had a tracker on him, giving us nothing of reason. Sure, he could be a ninja, but until we flip/are all examined/tracked, we can't do anything to prove that.

It's still unusual to me that Shinori's claim was missing the Night/Day X: piece. Until I hear about someone being redirected though, I can't really move forward on that. It seems like a fakeclaim slipup to me though.

He was? I guess I still have a bit of frustration in me from Draft.

BBM: I'd be more willing to let Prims get away with a joke post like that if it wasn't for the fact that he keeps doing it over and over again.

Anyways, moving on from that... SB has barely posted today, he was sheeping yesterday, and doesn't really seem to have any opinions. I'd really like to see him come in and contribute something. I think that in light of Proto's claim, and the other Pokemon claims, SB has replaced Proto as my main target for right now. Also, if what people are speculating about and one of the Pokemon is in fact scummy, my bet would actually be on Plipup because it doesn't fit with the other two, but I guess Kaoz could just be messing with us there and be wanting to not make the scum super obvious or something.

##Vote: Serious Bananas

It's still unusual to me that Shinori's claim was missing the Night/Day X: piece. Until I hear about someone being redirected though, I can't really move forward on that. It seems like a fakeclaim slipup to me though.

I copied the role pm exactly as I got it, therefore that's how it was. Also if we want proof that I redirected someone I either have to use it on a known active role or when I'm blindfiring at people and I don't know their roles or abilities there is no way of verifiing. For example when i redirected marth to Iris, it didn't matter because he is supposedly a vanilla. So nothing happened whatsoever. Thus I am going to be announcing my stage today and hopefully someone will join me that has claimed an active role.

Also it will be fountain of dreams that I'm going to tonight.

Passive or one-time use mafia roles exist. Just because he was shown up as idling on Impy's Tracker report doesn't clear him in any way. And lynching any mafia is a town priority. It doesn't matter how weak their role is.

you people get really upset over nothing

don't understand iris version, somebody give me a tl;dr of why she's scum

don't feel great about bananas wagon since it's very likely he's a proven passive role + there are other people who have been posting echoing and wagons hops who are a lot scummier. related:

##Unvote

##Vote: scorri

time's running out and this day has been slow. need to start getting votes out and forming wagons that aren't shit

Also, the reason that I'm voting for Bananas is because he's posted all of twice today, and said exactly nothing in those two posts, as well as the fact that he wasn't looking too great yesterday. I don't even know how many votes he has on him right now. So.

I seem to have had a small error in the votals earlier, but these should be correct (hopefully).

Votals

[4] Serious Bananas: Manix, BBM, Shinori, scorri

[2] Iris: Bluedoom, Subieko

[2] scorri: Iris, Prims, Prims

[1] Proto: Blitz, Prims, scorri, Daigoji Excellen, Subieko, BBM

[1] Folgore Pink: Daigoji Excellen

[1] Blitz: eclipse

[1] Excellen: Psych

[0] BBM: Prims

[0] Prims: Strawman

[0] Subieko: BBM, Proto

[0] Elieson: Bluedoom, BBM

Voteless: SB, Folgore Pink, Elieson, Proto, Strawman

Phase ends in 10 hours, 42 minutes. Remember to choose a stage for the night.

Voteless: SB, Folgore Pink, Elieson, Proto, Strawman

Phase ends in 10 hours, 42 minutes. Remember to choose a stage for the night.

this is not okay, unless every single one of those people intends to vote scorri in the next 10 hours

all reactions from the bizz/scorri playerslot to my accusations have been scummy-bad

bizz got mad at me for being a "hypocrite" but didn't do anything to actually debunk my accusations, which reads as her getting frustrated because i caught her through a method she doesn't like

scorri posted a shitty OMGUS but dropped it as soon as the day started because i'm not actually mislynchable

now scorri's trying to pass me off as tunneling on her because i have been voting her (not even for the entire day) because i think she's scum, also known as Playing Mafia

also anybody who's saying me asking for vig shots is scummy that didn't find me scummy during N1 of schoolgirl is double standarding the fuck out of this game

Now in that post he talks about how the scum could have used their ability to make proto and subi seem scummy, why didn't he say anything about strawman who was on the same exact stage? Is this something we should be thinking about?

I would have to go back and look at SB's post again, but I assumed it was because Strawman is not currently under suspicion due to his ability.

Currently leaning scum on SB, possibility of scum tracker on Timp, and I still don't like Prims, but that's more of a gut feeling.

SB's posts are not great and I do find him scummy; however at this point I'm not sure whether he's just new and not sure what to say yet. He could be scum, but he could also be an easy mislynch on a new player.

I would like to hear more people's thoughts on how likely a scum Tracker is, because Folgore Pink's posts strike me as quite scummy and it's the Tracker claim alone that's making me think she's Town. I was under the impression that Tracker would be really weird to use as a scum role.

The missing Night X thing actually makes me feel like the claim is more likely to be true. If Shinori is scum then he would have had the help of the scumteam to write his fakeclaim. Leaving out the Night X would be a pretty big mistake for the entire scum team to not notice. especially since Shinori said he would claim D1, so if he was scum and had to prep a fakeclaim there was plenty of advance notice.

Wrt to SB having the tracker on him--scum might choose to idle depending on their role. Having a tracker say you went nowhere doesn't prove you're Town.

don't understand iris version, somebody give me a tl;dr of why she's scum

You could just iso her posts; she hasn't made that many. But short version from me: she tunneled all D1 on me and didn't contribute much to discussion, this phase she's apparently decided I'm okay now (despite being very sure I was scum D1) without much explanation, Scorri vote reasoning was poor (sheeped on Prim's earlier meta reasoning, which was weak in the first place). Contributions over all are poor. And also she keeps doing this thing where she criticizes her own posts which strikes me as odd.

Scorri's play is not great right now and I might be willing to lynch her, but I would prefer an Iris lynch. Not sure on the SB lynch, but I'm not convinced he's Town either, so eh.

don't feel great about bananas wagon since it's very likely he's a proven passive role

How is he a proven passive role? He could be a power role that chose to idle. This is a big leap to make.

yeah i sort of didn't consider that scum!bananas would realized impy was probably going to track him and idle. whoops?

i'm still not sold on lynching him over scorri though. scorri's last post was basically just discrediting me when i wasn't actually tunneling on her since if you read my posts i have a fair amount of scum reads and haven't even been voting her exclusively. how does nobody realize how fucking terrible that looks

also:

~Levi-tah]-- "I'm ever so clever!" says:

*i feel like i should clarify something, i was actually mad at the "strawman is probably sk because meta comment" because i don't know what i was thinking that day

*but you were right, i shouldn't have posted in the first place because i was subbinh

*so i didn't post anymore

Prims says:

*uhhh it's noc and you probably shouldn't be talking about this

*especially since you're subbed out

~Levi-tah]-- "I'm ever so clever!" says:

*yeah i know

*but it was bothering the fuck out of me sorry lol

this happened like just now

what I posted after I stated I was subbing shouldn't be considered game content anyway??? it should be considered me breaking the rules if anything because I shouldn't have been posting

I kinda agree with Prims on some of his Scorri points- not so much the ones about initial actions that made him find her playerslot scummy as much as his point about Scorri's reaction. I wouldn't be totally averse to lynching Scorri either, but SB needs to come and post something. I would also be okay with lynching Eclipse because I asked her to post more/contribute more, and she made one post where the one thing of value she said was her reason for being hesitant of lynching Impy. But it still didn't really scumhunt in any way.

safasf it's hard to analyze posts when nobody's posting. And I might have to go soon, in which case I won't be back until just an hour or two before phase end. And people will probably start posting just as I leave.

People who need to post more: Blitz, SB, Impy, Iris, and Elieson

hey guys, i'm back from some dumb 2 hour family bike trip, not going to expand on that, well i've been back for over an hour but dumb internet is making my job harder

and i'm seriously considering claiming esp. since i need to sort out this mess i made with my night action i think

##Unvote

for now since idk who i want to lynch atm (aka wtf are we doing), rereading now with hopes internet won't impede me

(btw happy birthday brad)