FE Mods: Teaser added

Wolfric

First post on the Forums. Guess I'll use this to introduce myself:

My name's Cesar, I'm from Dominican Republic, Caribbean Islands. I'm also part of KC-MM's Brawl Hacking Community. I'm a die-hard Fire Emblem fan. I've not finished all of them due to time being an issue, but I've tried most or know some of them.

Anyways, here's a Mod I'm working on with a friend, Mia on her Trueblade outfit.. (I'm not allowed to post medias? Must be a restriction of users without posts? @_@)

Match 1:

Other two matches are on that same Channel...

I edited it to be a Jacket-less version, and am still working on the Jacket. It's been quite a nuisance. T_T

I'll have previews later with the Jacket, and pictures if wanted, and I'm also working on her Swordmaster outfit.

I have plans for other Fire Emblem mods for Smash. I'll give previews later if wanted. :D

Edited by Albafika

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's pretty impressive biggrin.gif. I would definitely like previews with the jacket on.

I have a few questions though. Since she obviously has Marth's moveset and whatnot... Is there any possible way to edit the voice clips at all and at least make it sounds a little more feminine? I don't really have any knowledge of hacking of any kind, though it doesn't sound very easy to me. It'd still be just that more awesome if you were able to do that.

What other Fire Emblem mods do you have planned for SSBB? Seeing this and some of your other videos, I'm quite interested.

Oh yeah... Welcome to the Forums.

Edited by Gorgar

Welcome to the forums, mang.

I must say, you did an excellent job right there. My only complaint would be the voice...everything else is completely perfect. I would probably use Marth with that hack. :awesome:

^I feel like I should get into it somewhat, but I feel like I might be a bit behind on how much has changed and improved over the last 2 years.

Wow. That character works well over Marth. Is this a direct import from Radiant Dawn? I didn't know it used MDL0 as well for models if this is the case.

lol Nephenee in the works? Lightli will be happy lol

Edited by Eryth

At first I was like yea she in the new smash bros!! Then I saw the brawl and was like :(. Instead I got a brawl hack... a damn good one.

Sorry to burst your bubble. XD

And I'm glad to hear you like it!

That's pretty impressive biggrin.gif. I would definitely like previews with the jacket on.

I have a few questions though. Since she obviously has Marth's moveset and whatnot... Is there any possible way to edit the voice clips at all and at least make it sounds a little more feminine? I don't really have any knowledge of hacking of any kind, though it doesn't sound very easy to me. It'd still be just that more awesome if you were able to do that.

What other Fire Emblem mods do you have planned for SSBB? Seeing this and some of your other videos, I'm quite interested.

Oh yeah... Welcome to the Forums.

Well, I have no previews of her with the jacket in-game, but here are some in T-Pose.

https://dl.dropbox.c...Mia/MiaTru1.png

https://dl.dropbox.c...Mia/MiaTru2.png

https://dl.dropbox.c...Mia/MiaTru3.png

And here's the Swordmaster:

https://dl.dropbox.c...Mia%20Sword.png

As for the voice, I can't add Extra sounds, but I can use or edit a charater's.... So I plan on giving her the voice of one of the female characters in Brawl. Either ZSS' or Zelda's. ._.

As for other mods, I plan on making a Moveset for Nephenee, as someone will import the model I edited for her into the game for me. =D I'm also considering giving Mia Astra for Side B, leaning towards POR's.

And thanks. lol

Welcome to the forums, mang.

I must say, you did an excellent job right there. My only complaint would be the voice...everything else is completely perfect. I would probably use Marth with that hack. :awesome:

Thanks! Pleased to be around.

I'll try my best to make a decent voice replacement for her. :D

Remind me to learn how to use Brawl hacks. <3

I'll remind you with more videos of her later on. =D

^I feel like I should get into it somewhat, but I feel like I might be a bit behind on how much has changed and improved over the last 2 years.

Wow. That character works well over Marth. Is this a direct import from Radiant Dawn? I didn't know it used MDL0 as well for models if this is the case.

It's pretty easy to get into it and to understand it, I must say.

The base model is from Radiant Dawn, yes. But it went under massive changes (Like adding the the back of the clothes as the original model didn't have it since it has a Jacket. massively revamped textures, among other things that took over a few months.-_-;)

And no, one renowed hacker made it possible to convert DAEs to Mdl0s so now we can import any model you can get in 3Ds Max into Smash.

Edited by Albafika

Very awesome stuff as well biggrin.gif. Just do whatever you have to do with the voice. Anything remotely feminine sounding would be okay. XD.gif Astra as her side B would be a nice change to help her stand out a bit more.

I really wanna see that moveset for Nephenee, considering the fact that if someone has a weapon in SSB it's always been a sword. (Excluding the Ice Climbers.. and I think that's it?) I think it'll be nice to finally see someone use a lance.

You're welcome :3. What game is the Nephenee model from?

Very awesome stuff as well biggrin.gif. Just do whatever you have to do with the voice. Anything remotely feminine sounding would be okay. XD.gif Astra as her side B would be a nice change to help her stand out a bit more.

I really wanna see that moveset for Nephenee, considering the fact that if someone has a weapon in SSB it's always been a sword. (Excluding the Ice Climbers.. and I think that's it?) I think it'll be nice to finally see someone use a lance.

You're welcome :3. What game is the Nephenee model from?

There's also someone that might work on Hector, depending on his poll's results. http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=25673.420

And indeed. I'll work on her moveset after Geno (And possibly Ramona/Red), anyways, here are some previews:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/33498917/Previews/Nephenee/1.png

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/33498917/Previews/Nephenee/2.png

Ignore the hands on the Sentinel model, the textures are being worked on. lol

Well, what exactly is easy about hacking?

Getting homebrew set-up and grabbing a version of Brawlbox isn't too difficult. With a resource like the brawl vault file replacement is super easy, and adding custom texture is easy too once you know a couple of limitations. The CSP's for example have to be imported through brawlbox and cannot make the original file size too big or else it will make the file crash. I'd like to get into the general idea of model and vertex editing (I think these are the same things). But, in order to do this I have to get use to an entirely new program 3DS Max and stuff. On top of that I do not even want to think about how difficult it would be to get animations to work out. I have an idea about PSA a bit, so I do not think this would be too much of an issue. lol Giving all of captain falcon's tilts and aerial landing lag IASA is super funny.

Anyway, super awesome work with Mia. Looking forward to the completed result along with seeing how nephenee will turn out.

Edited by Eryth

Well, what exactly is easy about hacking?

Getting homebrew set-up and grabbing a version of Brawlbox isn't too difficult. With a resource like the brawl vault file replacement is super easy, and adding custom texture is easy too once you know a couple of limitations. The CSP's for example have to be imported through brawlbox and cannot make the original file size too big or else it will make the file crash. I'd like to get into the general idea of model and vertex editing (I think these are the same things). But, in order to do this I have to get use to an entirely new program 3DS Max and stuff. On top of that I do not even want to think about how difficult it would be to get animations to work out. I have an idea about PSA a bit, so I do not think this would be too much of an issue. lol Giving all of captain falcon's tilts and aerial landing lag IASA is super funny.

Anyway, super awesome work with Mia. Looking forward to the completed result along with seeing how nephenee will turn out.

If you're really interested and manage to install 3ds Max 2010 or 1011, I'll gladly walk you through however we can do it. :D

The basic problem in Model Importing is just making them look good with the Brawl animations, as you're basically removing the original model (In this case, Marth's) from the bones, and pasting a new model on them.

Vertexing is obsolete, now, as we can import models, but it's still an option! And a pretty easy one, too. Vertexing is basically moving Vertex Points around and editing the textures that go over those moved vertices and stuff so they fit. Problem is it can be a pain.

And thanks, I'm glad you like it. ^^

There's also someone that might work on Hector, depending on his poll's results. http://forums.kc-mm....topic=25673.420

And indeed. I'll work on her moveset after Geno (And possibly Ramona/Red), anyways, here are some previews:

https://dl.dropbox.c.../Nephenee/1.png

https://dl.dropbox.c.../Nephenee/2.png

Ignore the hands on the Sentinel model, the textures are being worked on. lol

I would also really like to see Hector. Especially if he had a very unique moveset.

Once my Wii is fixed I might just have to figure out how to get some of these to make Brawl a little less bland. Don't get me wrong, it's a good game. But I played Melee a LOT more. Of course I was younger and probably more easily entertained... And maybe that's why I don't like Brawl as much.

Anyways... They're both looking pretty good. I know it's probably getting way ahead of what you're doing right now, but do you have anything in mind once you finish all of those?

I would also really like to see Hector. Especially if he had a very unique moveset.

Once my Wii is fixed I might just have to figure out how to get some of these to make Brawl a little less bland. Don't get me wrong, it's a good game. But I played Melee a LOT more. Of course I was younger and probably more easily entertained... And maybe that's why I don't like Brawl as much.

Anyways... They're both looking pretty good. I know it's probably getting way ahead of what you're doing right now, but do you have anything in mind once you finish all of those?

Yeah, I know the feeling, but I don't like Melee more than Brawl. Although, I do like P:M more, it's like Melee made easier. XD

Well, concerning movesets, they are coming one at a time, and slowly, as they require too much time and effort. lol

But, concerning models... I'm not sure. I honestly got into model importing just for Mia, but I am considering making others. But I can't tell for sure. sad.gif

Yeah, I know the feeling, but I don't like Melee more than Brawl. Although, I do like P:M more, it's like Melee made easier. XD

Well, concerning movesets, they are coming one at a time, and slowly, as they require too much time and effort. lol

But, concerning models... I'm not sure. I honestly got into model importing just for Mia, but I am considering making others. But I can't tell for sure. sad.gif

I don't even know if I'd like Melee as much now xD. It's been a loooonngg time since I've played it.

I figured that much. I know it can't be easy completely making/adding in new motions and attacks to replace previously existing ones.

Ah, I see. Well... I wish I could help speed the process up somehow. But I have no knowledge of these sorts of things, and would it would probably take me a very long time to figure out how to be good at it.

Do you plan on continuing to use this to update your progress on Mia? I'd really like to see how it looks when it's all finished.

I don't even know if I'd like Melee as much now xD. It's been a loooonngg time since I've played it.

Can't remember how to play Melee either.

I figured that much. I know it can't be easy completely making/adding in new motions and attacks to replace previously existing ones.

The issue is making the animations, mostly. lol I can code the attacks in just well.

Ah, I see. Well... I wish I could help speed the process up somehow. But I have no knowledge of these sorts of things, and would it would probably take me a very long time to figure out how to be good at it.

If there's will, there's hope!

Do you plan on continuing to use this to update your progress on Mia? I'd really like to see how it looks when it's all finished.

I suppose I could, yeah. So, I got a bit side tracked and am working on Nephenee's Wishblade. <_>

Wishblade1.jpg

Ignore the textures, this is my first time making a model from zero. I must say I'm proud of how it's turning out. .-.

Edited by Albafika

Can't remember how to play Melee either.

The issue is making the animations, mostly. lol I can code the attacks in just well.

If there's will, there's hope!

I suppose I could, yeah. So, I got a bit side tracked and am working on Nephenee's Wishblade. <_>

Wishblade1.jpg

Ignore the textures, this is my first time making a model from zero. I must say I'm proud of how it's turning out. .-.

So you made that whole weapon from scratch? That is pretty impressive! It's certainly much better than anything I could hope to do XD.gif. I couldn't code OR animate the attacks.

I'm replying to things very out of order but... oh well >.>. I was in game design class and animation... But through a turn of events that could've and should've been completely avoided.... I wasn't the entire school year. Maybe if I was I could help. Just try and keep me updated if whenever you can. I'll definitely have to learn how to get all of this on to my Wii once it's fixed. (And once you're finished with it.)

So you made that whole weapon from scratch? That is pretty impressive! It's certainly much better than anything I could hope to do XD.gif. I couldn't code OR animate the attacks.

I'm replying to things very out of order but... oh well >.>. I was in game design class and animation... But through a turn of events that could've and should've been completely avoided.... I wasn't the entire school year. Maybe if I was I could help. Just try and keep me updated if whenever you can. I'll definitely have to learn how to get all of this on to my Wii once it's fixed. (And once you're finished with it.)

It's not as good. Sort of annoying to do. lol

Animating for Smash isn't hard, it just takes practice making them look fluent, you could give it a go. :P

Anyways, Nephenee previews. <_< A friend makes the textures for them, he's working on the second one. So, what do you all think?

https://www.dropbox....q8swi/NephOld1.png

https://www.dropbox....s73jo/Neph1.png

Edited by Albafika

Maybe this is a clearer view?

https://www.dropbox....96/NephOld2.png

https://www.dropbox....feoh4/Neph2.png

Ignore the missing hair on her back. tongue.gif

Also, Mia previews with her Jacket, it's hilarious how fitting Marth's animations are. XD

al_120713_1703.bin.out.jpg

al_120713_1748.bin.out.jpg

https://www.dropbox....vou9/EXuW1wrDGT

That's awesome! How close are you to being completely finished with Mia? It's looking really good.

I see you decided to give her Alondite. And it is pretty funny how Marth's animation fit so well.

(I guess that shows how people could still possibly think that he's a girl? xD)

And I've got a question... if you were to use this in a team battle would it mess up? or would it still just give her the same outfit as usual?

It's looking quite awesome, I totally approve. Keep up the great work, and know that there are fans out there who like the stuff you do a lot but are just too lazy or have some other reason to not let you know! XP

That's awesome! How close are you to being completely finished with Mia? It's looking really good.

I see you decided to give her Alondite. And it is pretty funny how Marth's animation fit so well.

(I guess that shows how people could still possibly think that he's a girl? xD)

And I've got a question... if you were to use this in a team battle would it mess up? or would it still just give her the same outfit as usual?

Brawl Mods only replace a costume, so, she'll need recolors to fill the whole costumes of Ike, and these are being worked on by the texturer. =P

All that she's missing is the different Mouths (Talk, Hurt).

As for the voice, that'll require more work, but it'll be done.

It's looking quite awesome, I totally approve. Keep up the great work, and know that there are fans out there who like the stuff you do a lot but are just too lazy or have some other reason to not let you know! XP

Glad you're liking it! Dem lurkers though. <.<

Posts make a modder happy as it shows them their work isn't being ignored, so start posting. slapd.png

As for the voice, I can't add Extra sounds, but I can use or edit a charater's.... So I plan on giving her the voice of one of the female characters in Brawl. Either ZSS' or Zelda's. ._.

Or maybe edit Marth's...?

But anyway, cool stuff!

Glad you're liking it! Dem lurkers though. <.<

Posts make a modder happy as it shows them their work isn't being ignored, so start posting. slapd.png

As you wish.

I really appreciate the work you're doing and would totally love a brawl hack filled with fire emblem characters. But even just Mia is fine :)