So who's watching the Olympic prelim tonight?

It's on at 9:00 EST. Feel free to use this topic for reactions and predictions and the like. Reminder: Blake is out and Anthony Davis is in, so this is the first time to see the first-round pick in a professional setting.

I've got the US by 27.

I'll probably watch some of it depending on if it's actually a game or not. Depending on how seriously the US takes this, I could see them winning 30+, but since that's probably not gonna happen I'll say US by 23.

Also did you hear Barkley saying that this Dream Team doesn't even compare to the 90s one, and that only Kobe, Lebron, and Durant would even be considered to be on that team?

Also did you hear Barkley saying that this Dream Team doesn't even compare to the 90s one, and that only Kobe, Lebron, and Durant would even be considered to be on that team?

I did hear about that! I think both Kobe and Charles are a little off-base. Dream Team would win, but it would hardly be a blow-out. Vegas actually set an 8-point spread in favor of the Dream Team, but without Blake, add four points to the '92 team and that sounds about right. (CP3 would also make the team.)

I agree that the dream team of old would beat this one (hard to bet against a team with that many hall-of-famers), and I also think it would be a lot closer than Sir Charles thinks. I also think CP3 would make it, but that's about it. I know Wade isn't on the team, but I'm wondering if he'd make it as well. He's the second best SG in the league after all.

Only way Wade makes it is if you assume he's injury-free, which is sort of like assuming Grandpa Bird isn't playing with a broken back. Seems like a wash. The bigger loss is Dwight Howard, which would really help cover some distance between the big men (which is where the '92 team really dominates, I'd say).

Good point, I guess Dwight Howard could be a consideration for the 92 team. In terms of who would win though, it would certainly help to have Howard in with his size and defensive presence. Of course, the bigs of that generation were still a bit better than him. Scottie Pippen believes they'd (92 team) win by 25 easy.

As expected though, the US dominated the Dominican like they were playing college players. I thought it was pretty cool that the Dominican team had a 16 year old high school player on their team. I wonder how he felt playing against the best players in the world.

You guys don't think Melo could make it? /bias

lol basketball as an Olympic sport

Only thing that matters to me in the Olympics is Track and Field.

nobody cares about you either.

Awesome match by the USA team... I have just see the Spain vs Tunisia, and it was another trashing.

I want the Olympics NAO, and pray for Spain's victory 0.1% chances, we will miss Ricky a lot, he was the only one who could defend CP3, Westflop and DW. But well, anyway, LeBron&KD would destroy our poor 3's. I consider Spain's inner game slightly better, but USA's outer game is 1000000000 times better.