Snows sprites

Matt Snow

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good to me. :)

Although, the paths/brick walkways in the town look too bare to me. Perhaps add some grass patches in them or broken bits (I believe there is a tile that is broken brick path?).

• 1 month later...

The mountains, while technically correct, don't look normal or natural because of how many peaks they have, and how flat most of their bottom is. If you reference any in game maps, the mountains are formed around the peaks, the peaks are not put in to fill up the mountains. The river in the lower right's a little to boxy for my taste too. Other than that, I see now errors or odd looking bits.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Out of the four I like the first one the best since it seems the cleanest and best implemented.

The second feels very cramped and the first word that popped into my head when I saw it was... squiggly.

Not feeling the mountains in the third one because of hard right angles and a repeating pattern.

And both the third and fourth one feel a little sparse in spots.

You've got the basics down nicely so it's all about polishing and details now.

I will never understand why people insist on using 3x2 villages. They offend me :x

For the indoor map, ff the mid blue section in the middle of the top of the screen is higher than the space to its left, there shouldn't be a shadow at the t junction in the walls above it. The shadows on the doors on the right side look weird as well, not sure if there's fix for that.

Your maps as a whole look more complex than before, which is nice.

Edited by deranger

• 2 months later...

rivertownmap.png

Town with a river going through it. I was trying to figure out stuff I could make in FE7 that I couldn't in FE8, mostly because I hadn't made a map with an FE7 tileset in a while and a friend asked me to. Found two things:

1. Town with river

2. Half town half field map, since the FE7 village tileset comes with some mountain tiles.

Don't know if someone already posted that but I haven't seen it. Any critique would be apreciated, thanks. :)

it's not a half town half field map, it's just a town map that has mountains(it's the same as the one with the water).

On the topic of the map though, I like the idea. I'll probably steal the idea and you'll know where it came from :x

Only thing I have to say negative I guess would be the bottom right shop is sort of annoying to access.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...