Snows sprites

Matt Snow

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Normally I wait till I've made more maps but since this is a big one I thought I'd post it. The empty rooms in the middle are supposed to be dungeons. Hopefully it has no huge height errors.

u2re.png

Edited by Matt Snow

Map Dump:

7umx.png

wtlp.png

Out of curiosity, I'm guessing that both of these maps use a custom tileset? Or did you somehow manage to find a way to get 1000B712 to have properly-displayed sand/water transition tiles?

Normally I wait till I've made more maps but since this is a big one I thought I'd post it. The empty rooms in the middle are supposed to be dungeons. Hopefully it has no huge height errors.

u2re.png

I quite like the dungeon part; it makes me think of the dungeon area of Lorasia Castle in Dragon Warrior II where you fight the optional "boss" that's locked up there (and have to cross the extremely dangerous blue and white striped tiles to get to him). The map feels a little big and open, but I'll be honest - I've made maps like that myself that I couldn't or haven't wanted to change (couldn't by way of walls and hallway widths and lengths that I wanted to maintain, thus making the map big. It seems that there's a height error in the bottom left of the map, unless that one wall is lower than the one north of the left and right stairs basically right above it.

Edited by Lord Glenn

Out of curiosity, I'm guessing that both of these maps use a custom tileset? Or did you somehow manage to find a way to get 1000B712 to have properly-displayed sand/water transition tiles?

Actually I made the first one before I knew of that error. The second one I made for a contest were the rules were "Use an FE7 village tileset without using any villages, armories or houses", so I didn't care that it probably wouldn't be insertable.

• 1 year later...

nice maps, the top field one is a little barren though, and the bottom field ones bottom part is mostly inaccessible. though they still look nice so good job.

I find making small maps, and making them look really nice can actually be kinda tricky, so id say give that a shot some times, but then again its probably just me that finds small maps kinda tricky.

Your maps are very nice. From your new bunch I really like the second, fifth and I'm leaning towards the sixth map being my favorite of the bunch. I think the sixth map would make for a really fun rout map.

Edited by MidnightStar

Thank you, Midnight, that was actually a map I just made because Sqawl jokingly said to make a castle with a river running through it XD.

@ShinyPichu: I started makign a few smaller maps, once I have some more done I'll post them. And yeah, the first three maps have a bunch of problems, I actually made them as one big map to get some practice after a long break, but I decided to split it into 3 so that it looks like I did more work XD.

Ummm maybe? Iirc Isaac had shorter/spikier hair, he looks more like a blond Felix IMO.

Tried making some smaller maps, hopefully they don't look too terrible XD. No castle ones cause I really couldn't make one that was smaller than 20x20 and looked halfway decent.

kkCQlGQ.png

WcSqkYO.png

cO7iKwt.png

5dgk9F8.png

• 4 weeks later...

More mugs you can't un-see:

8JqJh60.png

First is a magic user I think. Uses Cath, Wendy, Fir, Beta Zephiel, and Priscilla.

Second is an armor/cav. I made him with FE8 colors which is why there are 2 versions. Uses Beta Forde, Beta Kyle, Matthew, Adult Eliwood, and Alan.

Third is a Swordmaster I guess? I wanted to change his hair more but I had a really hard time splicing with Heaths hair. Uses Lloyd, Harken, Karel and one of the villagers,

matty is da new spriting starrrrr :3

beca1a832c.png

green needs more shading (just a pixel or two of skin)

red needs reshading/less shading (because of pillowiness)

Edited by Alabaster

@MidnightStar: Thanks, I do think that Outdoor maps are the ones I'm best at, though I sometimes feel like I can't make indoor maps as complex/as well as outdoor ones. I've been trying to get back into spriting as well so it's good to know that I'm getting better, though I don't think I'll make something as clean as that Knight for a while. Speaking of which:

wjJ5TXo.png

This is supposed to be me, though I feel like it can out a bit more... tough or maybe rugged than I actually am. Big thanks to Sqawl for answering my questions and helping alot with the face/glasses, and to Nih for suggestions with the hair. And if anyone has any tips on how to make the glasses less "stepped on" as Prime put it, that would be awesome XD