Xenoblade Mafia - Game Over

Paperblade

I've been reading through the thread again and I just have to comment on Aere's voting Jedi. I'm not convinced that Jedi is scum for the reasons you stated. Jedi seems even more lost than I am, and I think that any current "scum tells" he may be giving off are mostly confusion and not knowing how exactly he should play. If he really is scum, then there will probably be more obvious and less disputable things that flag him as one.

Other than that, I'm not particularly suspicious of anyone yet. I still feel like I need more information before I can even begin to form an opinion. People need to be more active.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Core- I realized after I voted for you what you were probably going for, but there was no point after I'd already voted, so I just kept my vote on you until after you responded. As for Aere though, I'm not pointing my fingers at something unusual, I'm pointing them at something dumb. And seriously, what is your reasoning for voting for me? Because I'm going after people with bad logic instead of scummy logic? Maybe I'm off in my scumhunting, but that's hardly a reason to vote for me. I'm sorry, but your vote makes no sense to me.

@Core- I realized after I voted for you what you were probably going for, but there was no point after I'd already voted, so I just kept my vote on you until after you responded. As for Aere though, I'm not pointing my fingers at something unusual, I'm pointing them at something dumb. And seriously, what is your reasoning for voting for me? Because I'm going after people with bad logic instead of scummy logic? Maybe I'm off in my scumhunting, but that's hardly a reason to vote for me. I'm sorry, but your vote makes no sense to me.

My thought process is that mafia's main concern is not getting lynched, so you are directing attention elsewhere but your reasoning is poor.

However, I can understand why you didn't unvote me afterwards(this hasn't made me look so great in the past)

I think there's a difference, but if not then I apologize for my hypocrisy.

Although I'm leaning slightly away from town in Jedi, I'm not sure enough to place a vote there.

In the other hand, I get scum vibes from Aere (his vote looked too opportunistic to me and he hasn't done anything else), Core (because his contradiction made no sense) and Marth (for thinking it's best to do nothing because the discussion we had been having was pointless), Cam isn't doing anything other than showing us he's a smart newbie (and he only did that once) and Prims' vote on Bizz looked like an OMGUS to me, but they look less scummy than the others I listed imo.

##Vote: Aere

For being too rushy to conclusions and commiting mistakes that could easily mislynch a newbtown.

This is so horrible I don't know where to start. First off, how on Earth was that vote opportunistic? And how does a (probable) mistake in typing make Core scum?

This is so horrible I don't know where to start. First off, how on Earth was that vote opportunistic? And how does a (probable) mistake in typing make Core scum?

How does one mistype a vote? And your clinging to the 'newbscum' side of his because it's an easy excuse to give seems opportunistic to me.

How does one mistype a vote? And your clinging to the 'newbscum' side of his because it's an easy excuse to give seems opportunistic to me.

Can you quote the thing you're talking about that Core said, I'm confused.

Can you quote the thing you're talking about that Core said, I'm confused.

I just woke up, hello!

I merely skimmed through the mounds of fluff, but my assessment:

it only takes one post to get the point about claiming across, not ~10.

read the rules

Levity is scumhunting hard for C1. With only a few posts to judge people on, I can't figure how you can develop your reads. I can't. You are pretty good though so eh.

Blitz looks like Blitz

Xin Li looks like a newbie, which is often a reason not to vote somebody.

People who haven't showed up should show up.

##Vote: Xin Li

I'm off to work now.

I underlined it. Isn't that a contradiction? Now he's explained that he was only trying to get a reaction from this, but his sudden vote with no explanation was really odd to me. Especially after saying 'voting newbies is often a reason not to vote somebody' without further explanation about why he was making this an exception.

That was his first post, yes? Seems like RVS then. Otherwise, maybe he's saying that people decide not to vote newbies (Like how I'm on Jedi) a lot of the time, simply because they're new and it could be hard to distinguish between noob!town/scum. I'm voting Jedi because I feel that he's noobscum.

I'm not sure what the big deal with Aere is, he looks fine to me. From what I can tell people are voting him for having a subjective opinion? Not interested in lynching.

Jedi's reaction strikes me as indignant. More in a newbie way than a scummy way. Not a high priority but I do understand where Aere is coming from. Rapier is uhhhhhh. My vote on Levity is OMGUS but Aere is scummier than Jedi? Explain your train of thought here.

Cam still looks like he's sidelining with quick interjections that don't really add much and I'm content leaving my vote there. I'm not even sure where his vote is right now.

I saw Core's vote on me, and I wasn't sure what to think about it at first. But I could see why posting too much fluff and not being too helpful might seem scummy to some people, so I promised to cut down on needless posts. I didn't see a reason to freak out over it at that point, honestly.

Aere, you might have explained it before, but you could you give a bit more detail on why you think Jedi is acting like "noobscum"? Because it seems to me that he's just acting like "flailing noobie" and I'm not particularly getting any vibes from him yet. (He really needs to POST here more. Shall I yell at him to get on?) Same with everyone else. I'm not getting any reads from anyone, and I probably won't until I see more people interact with one another.

I would rather you read the thread and post who you think is scum instead of just posting one-liners that look like "i think x but i guess x", because the latter isn't helping the town. Your vote's still on Snike fyi.

I cannot get almost any identifiable reads currently, I'm just going with my gut right now. Because that is all I can go off of

And what's your gut? That Aere is scum just because he finds you scummy?

i think he was expecting her to freak out or something

I thought there was a potential for this so I figured, "Why not?" Most RVS votes are meaningless anyways so I thought it would be a tad more helpful.

jedi in general one tries to find better reasons than "how do i know you're not trying to draw attention away from yourself onto me"

speaking of which

##vote Core

i know you got a null read from that reaction test, but what were you looking for, exactly?

And what's your gut? That Aere is scum just because he finds you scummy?

Geh... Your right there are no grounds to base that on.. How childish of me, I let emotion cloud my judgement.

##Unvote

So Aere, after a bit of a untrusting start how about we restart on the other foot. What are your current thoughts? Apart from me looking "cautious"

votals

[2] Aere: BBM, Rapier

[2] Rapier: Ether, Snike

[2] BBM: Core, Blitz

[1] Marth: Kaoz

[1] Camtech: Prims

[1] Jedi: Aere

[1] Prims: Levity

Not Voting: Camtech, Jedi, Marth, Xin Li

edit: reminder that actions are due in 25 hours and 36 minutes

Edited by Paperblade