Elibean Nights

Arch

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raven's life's purpose is to be benched since I get Harken later.

Or to kill Arcard, whichever is easier.

...Not to turn this into an FE7 optimization argument, but Raven is superior to Harken. Better growths, massively better availability with which to contribute to earlier chapters, generally better weapon ranks (except his axes may end up lower due to having to promote). Harken/Raven is an apples to oranges comparison since they exist for entirely different purposes in the game.

...Not to turn this into an FE7 optimization argument, but Raven is superior to Harken. Better growths, massively better availability with which to contribute to earlier chapters, generally better weapon ranks (except his axes may end up lower due to having to promote). Harken/Raven is an apples to oranges comparison since they exist for entirely different purposes in the game.

/insert 0% growths reference here

Harken also has better durability in spite of the HP deficit, and the Str/Spd advantage Raven might have is largely irrelevant against most HHM enemies. (Are where they are relevant, critical hits exist.)

...But to stay on topic, anyone know how to keep the Talk chain for 2xb going? All I can get is the initial Kent/Sain talk, and Sain/Florina doesn't seem to have an impact.

Edited by X-Naut

/insert 0% growths reference here

Harken also has better durability in spite of the HP deficit, and the Str/Spd advantage Raven might have is largely irrelevant against most HHM enemies. (Are where they are relevant, critical hits exist.)

...But to stay on topic, anyone know how to keep the Talk chain for 2xb going? All I can get is the initial Kent/Sain talk, and Sain/Florina doesn't seem to have an impact.

Florina to Lyn is the next step, I believe. It's been a couple weeks since I played it, though. It basically circles through the Cavs + Florina + Lyn at various instances. Try different combinations, and make sure you have the right patch.

Florina to Lyn is the next step, I believe. It's been a couple weeks since I played it, though. It basically circles through the Cavs + Florina + Lyn at various instances. Try different combinations, and make sure you have the right patch.

No, it's definitely juat a talk with Lyn and the cavs. Florina/Lyn does net you a Delphi Shield though.

I don't remember the exact order of the top of my head, but I do have a video of the chapter that has the full sequence here.

Edited by shinpichu

No, it's definitely juat a talk with Lyn and the cavs. Florina/Lyn does net you a Delphi Shield though.

I don't remember the exact order of the top of my head, but I do have a video of the chapter that has the full sequence here:youtube.com/watch?v=vwW9uCcmRpw

I think I confused myself there, since Sain<-->Florina have a conversation, I believe.

Yeah, I can't get the kent-sain-lyn conversation tree either. I can trigger the first Sain+Kent, but nothing past that. Also, how do you get the bonus for the Pent Chapter? You have to get all the artifacts? I dropped the shave tome, did that count as an artifact? How do you unlock tales past Pent's?

Edited by Nonevah

Also, how do you get the bonus for the Pent Chapter? You have to get all the artifacts? I dropped the shave tome, did that count as an artifact? How do you unlock tales past Pent's?

The artifacts are hidden on the patches of light patches of grass. (Except the bracelet, which you get via a talk between Canas and Pent after recruitment)

For some dumb reason, Arch decided to make them luck-based like the desert items in FE7.

Edit: For the side quest, have Renault wait on that tile just above the Druid w/ Fimbulvetr.

Edited by shinpichu

The artifacts are hidden on the patches of light patches of grass. (Except the bracelet, which you get via a talk between Canas and Pent after recruitment)

For some dumb reason, Arch decided to make them luck-based like the desert items in FE7.

Edit: For the side quest, have Renault wait on that tile just above the Druid w/ Fimbulvetr.

Thank you. The renault things is not hinted at at all.

Also, how do we get access to the v6 beta? Is it limited or something? I downloaded off the link at the start of this thread, I got v5.

Thank you. The renault things is not hinted at at all.

Also, how do we get access to the v6 beta? Is it limited or something? I downloaded off the link at the start of this thread, I got v5.

http://elibiannights.blogspot.com/p/downloads.html

Get it there. IDK why Arch hasn't updated the OP. Maybe he's waiting for the finished release.

http://elibiannights.blogspot.com/p/downloads.html

Get it there. IDK why Arch hasn't updated the OP. Maybe he's waiting for the finished release.

Oh, uh oh. I got it there, downloaded, extracted. I tried to patch the game, using a clean Fire Emblem file. I use Multipatch, it's the only one available for Mac. The loading bar started, and then it just randomly quitted. There's a new file there, but it has 0 data in it. What's going on here? And the earlier patch worked fine.

Edited by Nonevah

Oh, uh oh. I got it there, downloaded, extracted. I tried to patch the game, using a clean Fire Emblem file. I use Multipatch, it's the only one available for Mac. The loading bar started, and then it just randomly quitted. There's a new file there, but it has 0 data in it. What's going on here? And the earlier patch worked fine.

I know nothing about Macs so I don't know about this.

I know the patch works for me. I'm on a Linux distro, so I use NUPS via Mono Runtime. Try that maybe?

It might be the beta (β) symbol, you have to remove it because the patch tends to fail otherwise, from what I recall.

Ah, yes. Deleting the Beta symbol made it work. Thanks!

Also, is the Zephiel chapter included in this download, or not included? If not included, any ideas on when it will be included?

Edited by Nonevah

Actually, that would be wrong. If memory serves, the odds of finding them are a fixed 12.5% (or 1/8) every time you wait on the appropriate tiles.

I mean, it's still luck-based, but it's not based on your Luck stat. If you know what I mean.

Edited by Miacis

Actually, that would be wrong. If memory serves, the odds of finding them are a fixed 12.5% (or 1/8) every time you wait on the appropriate tiles.

I mean, it's still luck-based, but it's not based on your Luck stat. If you know what I mean.

that's what I meant

Sorry if I caused confusion

(I mean it's dumb either way)

For the hidden relics in Pent's chapter, wouldn't it make some sense if Canas had an increased chance of finding them? I mean he's the one most interested for them, he would know what to look for. Plus, it would take some of the luck part out of looking for them.

Edited by Xtremekiwi

For the hidden relics in Pent's chapter, wouldn't it make some sense if Canas had an increased chance of finding them? I mean he's the one most interested for them, he would know what to look for. Plus, it would take some of the luck part out of looking for them.

Mm

Also, is it just me, or is that King of Secrets achievement broken? I had Matthew go back to Castle Ostia with the King of Hearts, even bought an item from the secret shop. What gives? I also killed Erik this run for the Traitorious Swine achievement, can you not get two achievements in one play through of the same chapter or something?

Oh, nvm, just have to sell the card to the secret shop. Duh. Sorry.

Now for something that matters.

I'm a big fan of the variety of enemy and ally appearances. I've noticed that the Bandits seem to go for a greyish color scheme, those enemies at Caelin used green, the Ostian knights use blue...

Is there any particular pattern to how color schemes are assigned? Like, different color schemes for different groups? Or is it just one color scheme for enemies that's different from the classic fire emblem red, or whatever… Are there different enemy color schemes within chapters?

One thing that I'm not a fan of is the change in Berserker pose. Hawkeye's pose works for Hawkeye, fits the awesomely strong tribal warrior type of deal, but in my opinion it doesn't work all that well for pirates like Fargus or Dart, or bandits and enemy soldiers, especially since they keep the same look which makes their body look a bit out-of-alignment combined with Hawkeye's pose. Just a thought.

Also, some bug Reports: If you kill Erik (don't know what happens if you recruit him,) the game says something about "prisoners freed" above him, instead of him having a death quote. The game starts out with the Masterful Ministrel achievement unlocked, although it says it's supposed to only be unlocked if you complete all tales. Even though I unlocked Kent's tale in Lyn's tale, the game did not let me go straight there, instead forcing me to go to tale select and to Kent's tale, preventing me from carrying over items and characters. Or is that a thing that was changed from earlier versions?

Edited by Nonevah

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but Jan refers to himself in the third person of Legault's part two when he's listing the original Fang members. Is he supposed to?

Also, Montresor or whatever still has Lundgren's bio.

Edited by bottlegnomes

There's not much good stuff from Lyn's Tale TO be transferred, except for the unusable Wo Dao or the Wind Sword.

Longbow, Killer Bow, Killing Edge, Amatsu,.. there are quite a few goodies to transfer. (Also it's a Shamshir, not a Wo Dao last time I checked)

Longbow, Killer Bow, Killing Edge, Amatsu,.. there are quite a few goodies to transfer. (Also it's a Shamshir, not a Wo Dao last time I checked)

Shamshir is in FE8.

Unless EK renamed/has a special version it and I am forgetting

Edited by L95