Portrait Repositioning

Wendy

Hello,

The current issue I am having is the Portrait in Status screen after you replace a character's Portrait by another.

For example in FE8,

Replaced Tana's Portrait with Lyn's

Replaced Myrrh's Portrait with Lyn's.

(please see attachment)

As you can see, the Myrrh-Lyn's Portrait is much higher than the Tana-Lyn's Portrait. The tip of the Myrrh-Lyn's Portrait gets cut off at the top of the screen, while the chest of Tana-Lyn's Portrait is below the Frame.

Is there any way to fix this? Is there any parameter in any editor that allows moving the Portrait in Status screen?

This does not happen during cutscenes though, both Lyn look exactly normal(and the same) during cutscenes.

I have already tried to swap Portrait Pointers of the 2 characters, changed position of Eye/Mouth etc(can only drag the Eyes/Mouth in FEditor, not the whole Portrait), but the issue persists. I also tried to move the Portrait up with Paint, but then it appears like a floating bust during cutscenes.

Please help me, thanks.

post-5694-087954700 1343966446_thumb.png

post-5694-007635600 1343966453_thumb.png

for characters with smaller mugs like Myrrh, the portrait on the stat screen is moved higher. (Nino in FE7). Just place the mug in a different slot and then change the mug used in nightmare and it should look fine.

for characters with smaller mugs like Myrrh, the portrait on the stat screen is moved higher. (Nino in FE7). Just place the mug in a different slot and then change the mug used in nightmare and it should look fine.

Thank you for the answer.

I have tried that, however the following situation occurs when replacing different characters:

Changed Tana's Portrait to Lyn

Did not change Myrrh's Portrait

Edited Myrrh to use Tana's Portrait(which is now Lyn) using Character Editor Module

Status screen Portrait for Myrrh shows Tana-Lyn(not pushed higher up), true it is fixed, however all cutscenes that include Myrrh still shows Myrrh's Portrait(and not Tana-Lyn)...

If you swap the Pointer in Portrait Editor Module to have Myrrh use Tana's Portrait, you get back to square one...

I am only trying to replace Myrrh with a different Portrait without it getting moved up. Any ideas?

Edited by Wendy

Because cutscenes don't have to necessarily use stat screen mugs. :B Just use the pointer edit.

You can manually fix the cutscene text to load the right portrait from the right pointer.

Edited by · j e a l o u s y ·

Because cutscenes don't have to necessarily use stat screen mugs. :B Just use the pointer edit.

You can manually fix the cutscene text to load the right portrait from the right pointer.

Could you please explain how to manually fix cutscene text? Which Editor/Module?