eCut FE: Project Chaos [Status: On Hiatus]

eCut

Maybe they are and we just don't know it.

like some split personality and shiz? Do I count since my username is a romaji pronunciation of Archer.

With regards to the hack, I'm glad with the update. Just a little more wait I guess.

kudos.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hextator added support for "item spin" as in the hero shield a looooong time ago, I'm not too familiar with it but check the doc, it'll be a little complicated but it's not impossible/shouldn't require new ASM. you could also try editing the jumbled up sheets, but that can be tedious as heck...

it's not really "added support", it's just that he figured out how it works. Basically, there is a command for it in the existing engine, and it expects the shield sprite on a hard-coded spot on the OAM sheets... I think there might be a little more to it, basically the impression I got way back when I was working on FEditor is that it's full of hax.

Actually I need to start making a list of things to de-hax-ify about the FE engine... this definitely belongs on the list. I mean there's no reason you couldn't do a shield toss with the basic animation tools (especially if we had an editor that actually let you work at the sprite level instead of having it try to cut up your complete frames and pray not to bloat everything to hell).

Or just make a custom hero class with no shield. That works right?

I don't think it's that simple.

I think it is.

Mm, it is a simple solution. :P

Though it's way more work than it's worth~

Edited by eCut

I don't understand why the shield needs to loop-spin till the HP is depleted :S Like just spin it a couple times then stop and wait for HP to deplete in a normal hit position

Thanks gurl!<3

I don't understand why the shield needs to loop-spin till the HP is depleted :S Like just spin it a couple times then stop and wait for HP to deplete in a normal hit position

I suppose I could always do that but my ocd means I want the the female hero and male hero to work the same way. :P Which is why I have no plans to make a new hero since I'd have to make a male one too~

But I won't need it for a long time yet so maybe I'll just have the shield spin a couple of times.

Edited by eCut

• 2 months later...

I swear, this hack isn't dead~

ScreenshotsBatch9_zpsa41fcd66.png

Some 5x progress! I recommend not attacking the boss. ;)

Where's purple-haired cavalier? ;w;

Anywho, is the soldier the boss? Or am I just being dumb? And I'll probably attack him anyways YOLO right gaiz?

Uhhh...I like thief, but for some reason I thought she was an elf at first glance... >.<

Where's purple-haired cavalier? ;w;

He still exists! The third screenshot if from the opening event and he's just not in that part. xD

Anywho, is the soldier the boss? Or am I just being dumb? And I'll probably attack him anyways YOLO right gaiz?

Yep, he is! Plus save states. ;D

Uhhh...I like thief, but for some reason I thought she was an elf at first glance... >.<

Haha, Jelly's original sprite of her actually had elf ears, so that might be why!

http://puu.sh/2jix9

Edited by eCut

Haha, very true! He can be taken down by chipping and rescuing, like any strong boss can be~

Thank you. :) And I completely agree! I love when people add new map sprites~

And yeah, I see what you mean by it . xD I'll have to take out "idly" !

That green map sprite is so awesome *.* and the female brigand one is cool too. I prefer the old mug of the female brigand though, the new one has the right (OPV) eye too high and doesn't fit the character as much as the old one because she is a brigand and the new mug looks too feminine for her IMO

What? This thing is still alive?

Just One Second... I'll put it back where it belong.

Amazing! I'm so glad you're having progress.

Thank you!

That green map sprite is so awesome *.* and the female brigand one is cool too. I prefer the old mug of the female brigand though, the new one has the right (OPV) eye too high and doesn't fit the character as much as the old one because she is a brigand and the new mug looks too feminine for her IMO

Thanks. :) I made it by resizing its respective battle sprite~

Naw the new mug definitely fits her character more since she's not your typical stupid bandit, but to each their own! But I'll fool around with her mug to see if I can improve it. :)