NFL 2012-2013 Season

Anacybele

That is true, it's just that I was hoping the Jags would beat them thinking they would play how they did against Green Bay, but better. Looking at their record hurts.

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the Jags myself. I think they've got cool uniforms and Jacksonville is a pretty cool city. I have family there, so I've been there a few times. Not really one of my favorite teams though. The Steelers, Dolphins (those Dolphins need to pull themselves together, seriously), Falcons (undefeated?! Wow!), and Panthers (what IS the matter with these guys?! Cam Newton is not a bad QB, but the rest of the team seems to be another story) are my top 4, with the Steelers being number 1 for the reasons I stated in the first post of the thread.

Those Ravens better watch out for them Steelers now though, after the Pittsburgh victory over the Giants. I think the Steelers need to get past god damn Houston too though... >_<

EDIT: Oh, so the Steelers don't play Houston in the main season. But they'll sure have to bring them down in the playoffs when/if they get there.

EDIT2: Oh, and the official NFL site noted those two stupid calls on the Steelers during that game against the Giants. So even THEY believe they were "shaky" aka bullcrap!

Edited by Anacybele

25-15 ravens

a nice change from two weeks ago >_>

i feel terrible for the giants, they lost right after hurricane sandy absolutely destroyed their state

Edited by Lord Raven

25-15 ravens

a nice change from two weeks ago >_>

i feel terrible for the giants, they lost right after hurricane sandy absolutely destroyed their state

At least the Knicks beat the defending champ Heat this weekend to make up for it.

...Sandy didn't destroy New York. She destroyed New Jersey. New York was affected too, yes, but NJ was hit the hardest. I feel more for them than the New Yorkers.

Also, it seems the official NFL site believes the Steelers deserved to win, which they did after what they went through today to get it. Bad calls, injured players, a lot of things.

Edited by Anacybele

Giants play in Jersey.

They're called the NEW YORK Giants though. Now if they were the New Jersey Giants, yeah, I'd feel kind of bad for them even though the Steelers earned their win.

Edited by Anacybele

True, but Model Emu has a point. The Met-Life stadium is located in New Jersey, so that way they get people from New Jersey to come to their games too, and as a result get Giants/Jets fans in NY.

Also I'm not going to lie my eyes start to water a little seeing Pagano come back to the locker room after their win against the Dolphins today. I'm not even a Colts fan either. Just listening to his speech moved me. "I still got two weddings to dance at for my daughters...and I still gotta hoist a lot of Lombardi trophies with you guys!" ;_;

...Sandy didn't destroy New York. She destroyed New Jersey. New York was affected too, yes, but NJ was hit the hardest. I feel more for them than the New Yorkers.

Either way, Sandy did a very large degree of damage to both places. I have friends up in NYU who were evacuated and many of them lost power in the medical center- let's not get into the grad students who have potentially lost years of research in this storm. They received a hefty sum of damage themselves, but let's not get into this now.

Also, NYGiants are based in New Jersey.

Helios: I know, but I see no reason why the Giants couldn't share a stadium with the Jets or have a stadium built in some other town in New York, like Albany or something. If they're concerned about the Giants and Jets having to play at home at the same time, then that's easily solved by having the Giants play on the road while the Jets play at home and vice versa OR just having the teams always play at different times. And this would only have to happen if the two teams shared a stadium. It wouldn't be an issue if the Giants had their own stadium in another part of the state.

But oh well. I'm not saying I don't feel bad for New Jersey people. I honestly do. They had it real rough. But the Steelers went through so much crap in this game today and in some past games this season (most notably vs Titans) that their win was well-deserved.

EDIT: Then why are they called the New York Giants instead of New Jersey Giants? They're a New York team, otherwise, they wouldn't be called one.

Edited by Anacybele

@Anacybele: That's actually what they do. As for why they're based in New Jersey, Met-Life stadium was only made a couple years ago. Before that they had the Giants stadium which was in New York, and was much older.

I see. They could've rebuilt the new stadium over the old one though. That's what Pittsburgh did with Heinz Field. They built it over the old one, Three River Stadium.

Also, that Wikipedia article you linked me to, Lord Raven? Also says that the Giants represent New York, like I said.

EDIT: Oh, and this reminds me, I love how Pittsburgh named their new stadium after their famous ketchup! :D

Edited by Anacybele

@Anacybele: Pretty sure it had to do with business reasons. They do represent New York, but like I said they also try and cater to the New Jersey citizens and have them go to their games as well. Owners are businessman after all, and wouldn't own an NFL team if wouldn't be profitable.

Yeah, you have a point there. It's like how Pittsburgh caters to all of western PA. I should know, I've been all around that half of the state. There's a Steeler store and stores that sell plenty of Steeler and Pittsburgh merchandise as far north as Mercer/Grove City, where my grandma goes camping.

The Giants wikipedia article says that they represent the New York Metropolitan Area, which is actually parts of four states, but the New York is a hold over from when they actually played in the city, which they did for 50 years. They probably kept the name due to being a New York sports team being a lot more marketable than a New Jersey Sports team and to not alienate an existing fanbase.

Edited by Model Emu

Falcons losing was expected/10. Lions losing via turnovers and penalty bullshit sucked. Broncos destroyed the Panthers. Pats and Bills game was actually pretty close. And wtf Giants losing to the Bengals. Oh and wtf Dolphins getting murked by the Titans.

...Wtf? Does this mean that the Steelers beating the Giants wasn't so big after all? Or did that loss just shoot down their morale enough to make them lose again? Either way, I'm surprised to see them lose to the Bengals too.

And the Falcons finally lost, huh? Oh well, they're still doing well this season, at least. Too bad the Dolphins lost again though...

I hate this season. My Eagles lost to the Cowboys. I have mixed feelings about last week's Jaguars/Colts game, they're both teams I care about. It would have been nice if the Jags won though. Maybe it'll only be the Colts in the playoffs.

/whine

The only things I really hate about this season are the lack of Troy Polamalu, the Steelers getting bombarded with injuries on a bunch of key players (mainly because of those god damn Titans), and them getting screwed over by refs a few times already.

I'm just very glad they've managed to make do with what they've got. The team has no Polamalu, no Mendenhall, no Brown, no DeCastro, no Gilbert. Still. They are getting Dwyer back, but that's it. They had previously lost Redman, Rainey, Woodley, Pouncey, and couldn't put Harrison in at the beginning too. They're back though, of course. But even then, Harrison isn't 100% yet.

They just gotta get completely healthy again by the playoffs, at least.

Edited by Anacybele

The Giants are in midseason form, that's what's wrong with them. Soon the NY tabloids will be calling for Tom Coughlin's ass as the Giants fade and then they'll eke out a couple of wins in route to a four seed in the playoffs. The Giants will proceed to steamroll their first round opponent, then kill the one seed in the next round, play a hard fought championship game and cap it all off with a come from behind win in the Super Bowl led by Eli Manning in the two minute drill.

@Anacybele: The Steelers are totally a darkhorse right now.

@Emerald: At least people can't blame Vick for the loss this time...right?

@Model Emu: You basically described the Giants in a nutshell.

@Raven: You act surprised. Ravens are good, and the Raiders are complete shit. Flacco finally had a good game too. I really wish they'd use Rice more he's fun to watch and a top 5 RB.