NFL 2012-2013 Season

Anacybele

God damn it this Steeler offense. I know they still lack Ben, but that is no excuse for how they've been playing so far against the freaking BROWNS. They're playing worse than they did with Leftwich against god damn Baltimore. And ALL THREE RUNNING BACKS HAVE FUMBLED.

Just wtf! They don't usually do that either. This is unlike them, though it wasn't entirely Dwyer's fault when he lost it, as he got flipped into the air and it isn't easy to hold onto the ball when you're tossed around like that.

But still, Mendenhall and Redman, I am very disappointed in.

The defense is pounding the Browns, but stopping them all day won't be enough. The offense needs to pick up the damn slack and fast and hard.

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anacybele, are you sure Dixon wouldn't do better than Batch has been doing against the BROWNS? Or really any QB for that matter...

Cris Carter on ESPN before the game goes: "Batch played back when I played. He was the starter for the Lions at the time. He led the Lions to an 0-6 start....and they were a good team".

Don't get me wrong I don't think it's all his fault that the Steelers are losing atm. Way too many fumbles by the RBs, the OLine is playing bad again (and it doesn't help that Adams just got injured) and the defense is playing uncharacteristically meh right now. No one on the team right now is stepping it up.

EDIT: A friend of mine says that Big Ben will be back next week though to play the Ravens again. So the Batch era won't be too long.

Edited by Helios

Anacybele, are you sure Dixon wouldn't do better than Batch has been doing against the BROWNS? Or really any QB for that matter...

It's not Batch's fault that his receivers/running backs kept turning the ball over. Batch is only at fault for two of those seven god damn turnovers and it's the first and third interceptions he threw. The second was Wallace fucking up when he should have made that catch. The rest of the turnovers were fumble recoveries. Dwyer and Rainey, however, I excuse because of how they got hit. Dwyer was flipped and Rainey was smashed. The latter is out with an injury now.

Mike Adams is out too, and though he sucks, a third string can't be much better, if at all. Woodley went out too. Yet MORE injuries on this team. They must have a record for most injuries in one season by now. >_>

EDIT: The defense is playing meh? Yeah right, the defense has been killing Cleveland. But as I said, that won't win games.

Edited by Anacybele

Batch has been making stupid decisions with his throws though. That last interception was a pass to a double covered Mike Wallace. And now there's no time left and he takes 7 seconds to throw it to the RB, and then wastes another 5 to throw it away. You've got 90 yards to go buddy now isn't the time to be conservative. When no one is playing well, it's up to the QB to step it up and lead the team. That's what Ben does. Then again though if even Leftwich was around I think that they would have won this game.

The entire offense sucked this game though so blaming it on just Batch isn't fair. I don't even remember Wallace catching the ball this game. Every RB fumbled at least once, WRs dropped passes, and the OLine couldn't block very well.

Okay the defense played better than I thought. When I made that post I saw them missing a ton of assignments and messing up (TRich got that touchdown without being touched by a defender for crying out loud). The fact that they kept the game within a TD even though the offense turned the ball over 8 times shows their heart though.

Came in to say that I'm happy the Jags won another game and that the Colts won their game too. All I really want to happen is that the Eagles win the rest of their games.

By the way, all I can watch are whatever games NBC/CBS/FOX decides to show, basic cable is all. Even then they will mainly show the Jags since I'm in Jacksonville, on top of that I would only watch a Eagles/Jags/Colts game anyway. So all I have are highlights to look forward to luuuul.

Edited by Emerald Knight

Batch has been making stupid decisions with his throws though. That last interception was a pass to a double covered Mike Wallace. And now there's no time left and he takes 7 seconds to throw it to the RB, and then wastes another 5 to throw it away. You've got 90 yards to go buddy now isn't the time to be conservative. When no one is playing well, it's up to the QB to step it up and lead the team. That's what Ben does. Then again though if even Leftwich was around I think that they would have won this game.

The entire offense sucked this game though so blaming it on just Batch isn't fair. I don't even remember Wallace catching the ball this game. Every RB fumbled at least once, WRs dropped passes, and the OLine couldn't block very well.

Okay the defense played better than I thought. When I made that post I saw them missing a ton of assignments and messing up (TRich got that touchdown without being touched by a defender for crying out loud). The fact that they kept the game within a TD even though the offense turned the ball over 8 times shows their heart though.

Yes, Batch made a few mistakes this game. But no QB is perfect and even the best make mistakes. And if I recall right, Batch led the team to four victories in a row the season Ben got suspended.

He went 2-1 (Dixon started the other game and won, playing much better than Batch did), and in two of those games he played horribly, and the other game he played well but had 2 interceptions. And in those games they won the defense and rushing attack really led the team to victory. Here's Batch's stats to prove my point. There's a difference between making a few mistakes, and consistently making mistakes.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/1490/year/2010/charlie-batch

So I think the Colin Kaepernick era in San Fran has officially begun. Big win against the hot Saints today. Their offense looks a lot better without Alex Smith at the helm. Plus I like Kaepernick's haircut haha.

Ravens/Chargers game looked intense (I only got to see clips since the SF/NO game was on TV) but Baltimore made a crazy comeback down by 10 in the 4th quarter. 4th and 29 Flacco tosses it to Rice and gets the first down. They hit a FG to send it into OT, and then hit the game winning FG with 2 minutes left in OT. Raven's gonna be happy and Anacybele is gonna hate me even more.

Why would I hate you, Helios? Sure, I want the Steelers to start winning again and the Ravens to start losing, but you're not even a Ravens fan or a Steeler hater. xP

And even if you were, it'd be a dumb reason to hate someone anyway. lol

Because I've been talking about how bad Batch was all day lol.

Green Bay and New York are tied right now with two quick strikes by both teams. These two teams have been having really close games for the last couple years so it'll be really interesting.

I had to go home in the middle of the game, and lo and behold we were 10-13. Turned on the TV; we had possession of the ball. We get a beautiful field goal, and then we go into overtime. I have to leave again :( But when I came back our room lit up and went WE WON!!! woooo buddy

Green Bay and New York are tied right now with two quick strikes by both teams. These two teams have been having really close games for the last couple years so it'll be really interesting.

>Midway in the third quarter

>Giants blowing out Packers 31-10

Welp looks like I was wrong about this one.

Barring some sort of miracle, its now 13 years with no playoffs for the Bills...

The worst part about it is that they are like 5 plays away from being 7-4 and tied for the division lead.

The worst part about it is that they are like 5 plays away from being 7-4 and tied for the division lead.

I feel like the 5 plays away thing can be said for a LOT of teams this year haha

MNF was actually kinda close between the game of the weak. Cam torched the Iggles D. Bryce Brown looked good and ran for like 150 yards and 2 TDs, but that wasn't enough to get the win.

Edited by Helios

Cam finally looked like vintage Cam Newton that game. Eagles actually led at one point 15-14 since Bryce Brown ran all over Carolina, but Cam ran 2 TDs in and Carolina finally closed a game out.

I will be satisfied with this season if the Jets fire Rex Ryan and his entire staff.

Like, during the game.

Not even halftime. Have Woody Johnson come down, burn a time out, and fire and humiliate his coach on national TV, preferably at home, with the Jumbotron showing a video of Vince McMahon screaming "YOU'RE FIIIIIIIRRRRRRED", while his wife cries in the stands. Then dump a big vat of green slime on him, like he's on Double Dare or something.

Rex Ryan is an immature dickhead. Remember how he reacted when the Steelers destroyed the Jets in the AFC championship during Super Bowl 45? Ryan just ripped off his headset and threw it to the ground like a little kid. :/

He practically had a tantrum.

EDIT: Damn it, Ben isn't coming back for the game against the Ravens after all. This sucks hard... Batch better work his ass off hard if he wants his team to have any chance of winning.

Edited by Anacybele

I think Rex Ryan is someone you'd want to play for though. I think he should just stick to being a defensive coordinator personally, but he is one of the more well liked coaches (by players) in the league for a reason (I think Tomlin is the MOST liked coach by players actually).