I Can't Believe It's Not SFMM3 Minimafia - Game Over

Prims

Shinori (2) - Serious Bananas, Bluedoom

Helios (1) - Paperblade

Serious Bananas (1) - WeaponsofMassConstruction

Weapons (1) - Aere

Not Voting - CT075, eclipse, Helios, Manix, Seoyeon, Shinori

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. You have about 55.5 hours left in the day.

Edited by Iris

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh god so much activity

after a rudimentary reading of what happened i'm wary of aere and helios

weapons i don't know what to make of yet

i'll explain more once i get back from wherever and i'm off my phone

I think Shinori is suspicious and has been acting really weirdly so I'm keeping the vote here for now. I'm not liking Aere's play with tunneling, and Helios voting someone who said they'd be busy for inactivity looks bad. Weapons appears townish right now.

I don't think Aere hammering and Weapons not has any tell of whether they're scum or town tbh.

Since a lot of people are inquiring, I changed my mind on Elieson because I was wary of tunneling and that one post where he admitted to overreacting sounded genuine. In retrospect, I still think he was being genuine there, but that it was irrelevant to his alignment.

On scorri, I find it odd how her post with by far the most scumhunting was a dig into one of Marth's dense posts. Why pick on that out of everything else in the thread?

I really dunno, I'll need to check. I'm bothered about that vote you questioned way earlier, if you recall.

Also I'm not sure how I can look town to you. Those couple of posts you're mentioning have been pretty much the only thing I've contributed, and that last big post I made was done in a while. Now then, if I have 3 big posts, 2 of them you find scummy, which were a while back, I don't see how after my inactivity and then one more big post you'd say my play has 'improved,' I find it weird that you'd judge play just by a single post.

Which vote?

I realize now that what I said my have been unclear (I posted it at 3 in the morning) so let me try to explain. First "couple of posts" didn't mean "the only two content posts you made", it meant literally the first couple posts you made. The other posts, including the second (which I said I liked better before anyway) and third content posts you made were much better, so my opinion on you has improved. Make sense?

@Bananas: I don't remember Marth saying that he will be busy and inactive, he just has a different time zone then most of us. It's not like I found him super town before so the vote really isn't as out there as you think. I feel like people are trying to force this issue since there hasn't been much to talk about besides Weapons so far.

Here, for a short while (still not completely better). I just reread through the entire thread.

I am now more conflicted on Shinori, but I wouldn't lynch him. I now see why he seems "weird", but I don't see him as scummy just yet. His reasons for the things that he did (the questions, town reads, and such) make sense to me. Not sure if I like his switch off Elieson, but if he legitimately thought that Elieson was town then it can't be helped. He did show up briefly right before phase end, though. I wonder if he still thought that Elieson was townish then.

I looked at Paperblade and Helios again. I wouldn't call it "town in-fighting" just yet, I still think either one of them could be scum. Helios alone looked better in mid-D1, but that doesn't make me confident about him. One thing that stuck out to me was that he had a lot to say about Elieson near phase end, but he still kept his vote on Aere (who wasn't going anywhere). And I think I finally figured out my "weird feeling" about Paperblade. It was the tone of his posts which was setting me off, which in itself isn't scummy. His content ... picked up in mid-D1. But all I'm getting from him now is that he could lead me into thinking he's either way.

Looking at scorri, I couldn't find anything that particularly stood out for me. Not sure that I like that. But since she's subbed out, I'll wait for Bananas to post more before I say anything definite about that player slot.

Still don't like Aere too much. On D1, I thought he was tunneling a bit too much. I didn't like his vote on Manix, and I didn't like his explanation that he was tunneling because "he hadn't been paying attention to the rest of the game". It feels like Aere focuses on one person for a long time, practically to the exclusion of everyone else, until he finds someone else to go after. Also, I feel like he was being a bit too defensive trying to explain his hammer vote on Elieson.

Manix and Cam look town to me. Weapons is still leaning town at the moment. Marth just confuses me.

##Vote: Aere

Out of everyone in the game, I like you the least right now.

I see the reasoning of "not voting Elieson" as a justification for scum reads. Let me remind everyone that the TOWN has no way of knowing who is and isn't mafia. By itself, it is a null read. Town can second-guess, and may guess wrong. Tone/motive must be taken into account, as well. Now, then. . .

##Vote: Paperblade

Helios has since responded, and you have said nothing, despite the fact that I know you exist.

I don't like Aere and what he's been doing, I've stated my thoughts on him and I've stated my thoughts on marth, which really haven't changed.

On Marth I REALLY don't like his post #497.

Also I'm not sure how I can look town to you.

Why was this stated? Is this a scum slip? Someone says they have a town read on you why would you admittedly say "I don't think I could be read as town."

Aere's posts are still terrible and it's all really bad. He hasn't really done anything day 2 except for vote weapons and defend his hammer of Elieson for the most part. He isn't really scum hunting.

Then I'm also back to not really liking Paperblade. Between the helios/paperblade debacle that's happened so far I don't necessarily like his reasoning for voting Helios. I could be biased though because I see Marth as scummy. Paperblade accused Helios though of vote parking someone for inactivity when Paperblade himself is vote parking on someone for different reasoning that isn't that good. Also besides his vote on Helios he has yet to scum hunt that much on this day phase. However I'm not really seeing him as scummy as aere/marth at the moment.

##Vote: Aere

I like this at the moment.

Getting a more townie read from eclipse now though, along with Helios. I still think Weapons is town, he could be third but Idk, only one kill happened last night so most likely not harmful third.

In case it's not obvious, I don't really buy Helios's comments, but apparently others disagree. At the moment I like Aere less than Marth, mostly since a lot of the time people find Marth scummy for dumb reasons and I think that's what's up this game.

##Unvote, ##Vote: Aere

Still don't like Aere too much. On D1, I thought he was tunneling a bit too much. I didn't like his vote on Manix, and I didn't like his explanation that he was tunneling because "he hadn't been paying attention to the rest of the game". It feels like Aere focuses on one person for a long time, practically to the exclusion of everyone else, until he finds someone else to go after. Also, I feel like he was being a bit too defensive trying to explain his hammer vote on Elieson.

I prefer to keep my thoughts on one person at a time (insert remark about playstyle here), but how was my response to the Elie hammer defensive? All I did was ask Helios to clarify his thoughts on my hammer, and explain how scummy it would have been if I didn't hammer.

Paper, when it comes to responses, especially to your votes, you respond to them directly. I am NOT liking Aere's responses (wah look at the wagon that built on me besides the fact that Shinori just got back), but Paper's apathy is bugging me more ATM.

I prefer to keep my thoughts on one person at a time (insert remark about playstyle here), but how was my response to the Elie hammer defensive? All I did was ask Helios to clarify his thoughts on my hammer, and explain how scummy it would have been if I didn't hammer.

It wouldn't have been scummy. It was to stop a universal loss. Not a town loss, or a scum loss. It doesn't mean anything in terms of alignment. On the same note it doesn't mean Weapons is scum or town (or though if he valued Eli' s role highly I guess he might risk it. But it's a limited rolecop and I doubt it.

Yeah, sure. The hammer had no effect on your reads.

Trying to prove that you're town with the hammer doesn't work.

Yeah, sure. The hammer had no effect on your reads.
Trying to prove that you're town with the hammer doesn't work.

People are misrepping me here. That sentence was literally a restatement of what I took were Helios's reads.

I prefer to keep my thoughts on one person at a time (insert remark about playstyle here)

Keeping your thoughts on one person at a time isn't the problem. But you tend to "tunnel" to the exclusion of everyone else. You even admitted that you were voting Manix because "he was the only one you were focusing on" and not "because you wanted to aggressively lynch him". This looks bad.

but how was my response to the Elie hammer defensive? All I did was ask Helios to clarify his thoughts on my hammer, and explain how scummy it would have been if I didn't hammer.

It wasn't just Helios. When eclipse brought up that the hammer didn't necessarily clear you, you seemed to get a little defensive at her too.

Keeping your thoughts on one person at a time isn't the problem. But you tend to "tunnel" to the exclusion of everyone else. You even admitted that you were voting Manix because "he was the only one you were focusing on" and not "because you wanted to aggressively lynch him". This looks bad.

I also admitted it looked bad.

It wasn't just Helios. When eclipse brought up that the hammer didn't necessarily clear you, you seemed to get a little defensive at her too.

If I was defensive (which I don't remember being tbh), it was probably because I was irritated nobody was listening to the fact that I said, multiple times, that the hammer didn't matter.

Oops, I hit enter before I finished that first part.

I also admitted it looked bad. However, I've made cases against at least 4 people by now. And now I kinda see Paper's vote on me sheepish, but w/e.