FE7 Kishuna attack animation

noonog

One day I thought: "wouldn't it be awesome if Kishuna could deactivate and reactivate his magic seal? Then he could attack!"

And so I, a novice spriter, took on the task of making an ok attack animation for him.

I think I did a pretty good job, though I haven't tested it in game (I have no idea how to) so I don't know how that will work.

Constructive criticism appreciated! Modify it and make it better! Use it for anything!

Or tell me, am I barking up the wrong tree making a sprite for a character who cannot even attack?

38f951c5.gif

http://i1144.photobu...og/38f951c5.gif

post-5860-064932700 1346397707_thumb.gif

Edited by noonog

Yes that is an awesome idea, and well designed execution! Bravo~

I really like it as it is, has a huuuge entertainment value with the mad arm flailing. There is room for improvement: shading the folds to match the motion, and aligning the silver on the sleeve with the arm when he pulls it to his chest. (If it's okay I'll give it a shot this weekend.)

It does seem really appropriate for make/break the seal & long range spells though, and I'll stash it for those purposes, thanks for sharing it~ (Do you want credit?)

Thank you everyone for the feedback! You guys are awesome.

huuuge entertainment value with the mad arm flailing

XD I tried to make it as dynamic as possible without him having to move around.

If it's okay I'll give it a shot this weekend

Sure! It would be awesome for you to improve on it, as I'm no expert on shading.

Do you want credit?

It would be nice for some credit

I'm going to try my hand at learning how to ROM hack, so I can test Kishuna's attack animation.

[Edit: seems to be a more daunting task than previously thought]

Edited by noonog

And bam! Shot taken.

Really minor edits (left is orig, right is edited). Main things changed were placement of the silver on the sleeve and the collar in a few frames (closer to movement with the rest of the cloak), then a bit of shading and unsquishing the head on a frame. Not pro on shading either so decide on your own what bits you liked. The squash when the arm wave reaches it peak is legit enough, so kept it (same feeling with the leg being static). Still, really nice job and hope to see some more from you. :)

noonogs_magic-seal-Kishuna-attack_modded.gif

2c Glamour edition

noonogKishuna_modded_sparkly.gif

And bam! Shot taken.

Direct hit!

Thankyou! You refined it and made it better, furthering my goal of world domination making a full sprite sheet for Kishuna!

Also, nice sparkle effect! It really makes the magic look more fluid.