(Serenes Forest Mafia) General Discussion

Psych

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah I somehow thought of the basic role as vanilla

sounds like fun, but you'd have to choose basics properly to avoid an annoying amount of rolespec (with stuff like town janitor idk)

it also forces people to be more strategic about their role which is a good thing

more like Choose Your Own (whatever your actual role archetype is), a simple example would be a doc being able to become jailkeeper or blacksmith or just stick to doc

I already have some good ideas for this but at the same time it is hard to pick flavor for with only 5 newcomers announced

Edited by Prims

doctor -> jailkeeper is a situational buff which is why it would only be an alternate option, keep in mind jailkeeper wrecks lategame (or if you have an empowerer and can organize)

a better example might be a jailkeeper gaining the ability to just use a normal doc or a normal roleblock once in the game for 2 points each, or just becoming a full doc for 8

Edited by Prims

yeah I can understand lategame but I don't really feel like a town jailkeeper would live that long as the primary protective role anyway if the mafia knows what they're doing?

shrug

oh shit uh.

im sorry if that means i'm ragging on your invitational concept with my own invitational. i dunno what to do about that though cuz i definitely want to host mine X:

Edited by Prims

that works then, the games'll probably be pretty different (changing a role over the course of the game sounds fun too although it requires you to actually host evolution :V)

Well, I got to thinking, and this might help us out with determining Who lives Where, and Timezones and all that.

It's kind of a necro, BUT we may as well repurpose it for sfmaf since JB, Marthy, Boron and I and some others are all on it anyway

[spoiler=SF Mafia Member's Map]

Welcome to the Serenes Forest Official Members Map Thread!

Utilizing a unique website I just found, and tinkering with the capabilities of said website, I've figured out how we can all literally pin our locations on a map, for everyone's viewing pleasure (With the proper login credentials of course) If you're wondering where this site is, see the link just below.

http://www.pinmaps.net

[spoiler=Sample Image of the SF Members Map]BlNGv.jpg

It's quite simple to get in, and all inquiries are sent to a personal e-mail address for myself (in case anything comes up), directly to my phone, so I'll always be on alert in case of any troublesome situations.

Open Login Credentials:

Username - SFMafiaMaps
Password - fireemblem

Handling this is quite simple, really! Just follow my simple step-by-step guide below, to add yourself and view

1: Visit site and log in using above credentials.

2: When you log in, you should see a screen similar to this, with information on the right-side tab bar saying "1 Map(s) available, and underneath, a dropdown bar that says "Serenes Forest Members Map". If you see this, excellent.

3: In the upper address bar, you can type in your location (I typed my street name, city, and zip code), and click enter. The map will automatically zoom over to your entered location and pop up a bubble with your general typed address, along with a pin button and a button that says "Save Map Point".
Step 3a: If you'd rather adjust the location of you pin, simply click and drag the pin itself, and let go when you have placed it in the desired location. You can also click the "Add Map Point" button, located above the zoom bar on the far-left side. Simply click the button then click anywhere on the map to add your pin. You can adjust it as you so desire by click-dragging it to where you'd like it to be specifically.

4: Click "Save Map Point". A popup will appear. In here, name your Point Name (I used "Elieson"), and a description (anything you'd like to include). Then click Save.

5: Your point is now saved. Double-check to see that your name has been added to the right sidebar.
Step 5a: If you wish to delete or edit the Map Point, highlight it on the right sidebar, then under the search bar, click "Edit Map Point" or "Delete Map Point".

6: In order to view others, simply click the name on the right sidebar to see that user's selected location.

***Please Note***
There is no way to lock each pin down. Meaning, if you accidentally click and drag someone else's pin, it is permanent. If you do this, please inform the Pin's owner so they can replace it as necessary.

So SFMaf-goers, I look forward to seeing this become a new topic of fun and entertainment, and hopefully open up SF to the potential to real-life meetups to further preserve the friendships and relations that have been built on Serenes Forest soil! Be vague or specific, it's totally up to you, but participate if you'd like~!
Edited by Elieson

Oh. i never got that alert before. I'll make one for SFMafia then (though 30 seems lame, i had no idea it was restricted back when I made it)

so for my next invitational, I'm contemplating using a gimmick where players receive a "basic" role, 10 points, then on Night 0, instead of using their role, they apply any number of 6 upgrades to customize it within the restraints of the set-up. each upgrade costs a variable amount of points. this would make the set-up dynamic and decrease the odds of somebody getting stuck with a role they find totally unfun to play. it'd also give the scumteam something to strategize about pre-game

thoughts on this gimmick?

I have that down in a super-rough draft form. Not sure how you'll balance it out, but it sounds interesting.

Kaoz's spreadsheet definitely needs updating, it has a lot of people who haven't played in a long time, and doesn't have a lot of people who have been playing recently.