Place Holder Release Date?

Wooster

I'm have no qualms with it being released on this date.

I'm buying Assassin's Creed 3, Halo 4, Call of Duty Black Ops 2, Pokemon Black & White 2, and probably a few others. Fire Emblem: Awakening would be at the very TOP of that list if it were to be released around the same time. But that is almost guaranteed to not happen. Even if my last dollar was spent there is no way I'd miss getting this game on release day.

Edited by TwinBlade

Would I mind if that was the actual date? No. But do I think it is? I'm not really sure, the timing of it seems a bit off. At least February would make more sence. I'm still betting on a March-May 2013 Release date for the US.

I wish it'd come out so soon, but it's highly unlikely. FE isn't necessarily the most popular thing people want in the US, and albiet I'd squeal and pass out if it did come out close to this date, it's highly unlikely. Especially since I don't think IS would feel the need to "rush" it.

I wish it'd come out so soon, but it's highly unlikely. FE isn't necessarily the most popular thing people want in the US, and albiet I'd squeal and pass out if it did come out close to this date, it's highly unlikely. Especially since I don't think IS would feel the need to "rush" it.

The fact that it's not that popular and IS wouldn't feel the need to 'rush' it, is exactly why it may well come out this early.

Something needs to fill the January/Early February months, and it's not going to be any of Nintendo's 'A-listers', like Mario, Zelda or any of their spinoffs. They get spread out a bit more over the year, so as not to compete with each other.

Just a quick update, though I'm sure that most people have kept up to date on this.

Several sites, such as gonintendo.com and nintendo3dsdaily.com have taken note of Zavvi's 'release date'. The overall opinion seems to be that Zavvi is making an informed guess, but that they could very well be on the money, particularly as January the 25th would be Friday, the day that most games tend to get released on.

Actually, Nintendo rarely releases games on Fridays. Most games come out on Tuesday, but Nintendo prefers to release games on Sunday. Xenoblade is one of the few Nintendo titles to come out on a Friday, because of the Easter weekend. So a Friday release actually makes me more sceptical. I want it to be as soon as possible, but still, with not a peep from Nintendo about the progress on localizing the games, January seems way too optimistic at this point.

Nintendo isn't that great at advertising (at least not nearly as well as Microsoft and Sony) and I'm not surprised we've heard no information from them about the game. They usually only make announcements about a game when they receive word it is under development (beginning stages) and when the game is about to be released.