Finish my team

Sasori

I've recently started playing Pokemon Emerald and i'm enjoying it so far, but I have a bit of dificulty deciding on my team.

I'm now in the Lavaridge gym. My team currently consists of.

1. Grovyle

2. Kirlia

3. Linoone (going to replace him later)

4. Aron

5. Electrike

6. Swablu (I don't know if i'm gonna keep that one. I like Altaria, but I wanted to try a Tropius too so i'm undecided as of now)

Anyway any advice on what I should replace Linoone with and if I should stick with Swablu or go for a Tropius later?

I guess I need a water pokemon for later, but none of the hoenn water pokemon are all that apealing to me.

Not sure if this was back in gen 3, but I'm pretty darn sure Linoone Can learn surf. That, and having a normal type on the team never hurts.

As for Swablu, I'd keep it. Tropius is nice, but you already have a grass type in Grovyle and Altaria is just too good to pass up in late game.

Overall though, the team is pretty solid.

Thanks I just defeated Norman and yeah Linoone can learn surf for some weird reason.

I was a little suprised with Norman. People always talk like he's a really hard gym leader, but I defeated him pretty easely. Slaking only used counter so I just attacked when Truant activated and had Aron use iron defence when he was using counter. Only Linoone gave me some trouble when he was using belly drum.

I had more trouble with Flanary and especially Wattson.