Gaming Music

Irony

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you listen to Gaming Music, even when not Gaming?

• Yes, Always (I.e. Every Day).
    • Yes, Often. (A couple of Days every week)
    • Yes, Now and then. (A couple of days every month)
    • No (Speaks for itself)
  2. 2. Do you hum/ sing Gaming Music, even when not Gaming?

I am curious to see if anyone likes Gaming Music, and enjoys listening to it, even when they are not Gaming.

And if yes to either of the 2 questions, what do you listen to or hum/sing/whistle to?

I listen to random Gaming Music, but I constantly hum the battle music to Final Fantasy 3 for the DS remake.

some songs from the Ape Escape 1 OST still ring near and dear to my heart.

Attack on the Lavos Core! (Chrono Trigger), i dunno what town themes, but it played in Tolbi (Golden Sun), and various songs from Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, are on my iPod right now.

I've also got a few Final Fantasy 13 songs (I'd name them if I had the translations of them), and Fire Emblem ofc (March, Move Out! and Proud Fight).

Vgm probably makes up around half of my entire music. It's totally normal for me.

Favorites are Koji Kondo (Mario, Zelda), David Wise (Donkey Kong Country) and Motoi Sakuraba (about every good JRPG).

I bought the FFX soundtrack a very many years ago because it was pretty uguu. I don't regret it, but I haven't ever had the inclination to do it for another game.

I did import a Bemani in-house Dance Dance Revolution band's album once, does that count?

I like ALWAYS end up listening to music from Persona 3 and 4 when I listen to my iPod. As far as things that I hum go, it usually depends on what I'm playing at that current point in time. Like just last week I kept humming the player attack theme from Fire Emblem Gaiden! XD When I'm walking around campus, I usually sing under my breath, Melodies of Life, from Final Fantasy IX... I love that song! :)

I bought the FFX soundtrack a very many years ago because it was pretty uguu. I don't regret it, but I haven't ever had the inclination to do it for another game.

I did import a Bemani in-house Dance Dance Revolution band's album once, does that count?

no because DDR is a music game.

Yeah, I listen to gaming music, and funny you ask, I had a couple themes stuck in my head today.

mostly when I think of gaming music though, I think of This guy. In case you guys are intrested in some of these, here is one:

Edited by Melonhead

I tend to listen to normal music in games more than I listen to game music when not playing games. The few games I tend to do that don't have any music anyway, and sometimes it adds a bit of a challenge (such as in PvP FPS games).

This said, plenty of game OSTs are of excellent quality and fit the ambiance of said games.

I frequently find myself humming Pollyanna (from the MOTHER/Earthbound series), Together We Ride, To Zanarkand (from Final Fantasy X), Force Your Way (boss music from Final Fantasy VIII), but the one I hum and get pumped up by more than anything else tends to be Fight On! (the boss music from Final Fantasy VII).