NBA 2012-13 Season

Model Emu

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only time Kobe takes 'idiotic 3s' these days is when his teammates can't do shit, which is happening more often than it should. Howard has greatly reduced the need for this with his all world play this season, but the rest of the shooters (MWP, Meeks, Jamison, Blake, Nash) have been pretty bad from 3 point land this year. It's like the Lakers are cursed with bad 3pt% or something.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sort of. It's in Houston which is cool I guess. My dad was thinking about going to the rising stars challenge but it turns out those tickets are really expensive.(Just not quite as expensive as slam dunk or actual ASG)

But I wanna talk some dunk contest. These guys have gotta be the top candidates...

1. Lebron. There's nobody we'd rather see. The only downside to him doing it is that fan voting would assure he wins.

2. Gerald Green.

3. James White.

4. Russell Westbrook.

5. John Wall.

6. Blake Griffin. Only put him below Wall and Westbrook because he's won before. Either him or Westbrook rounding out the 4th spot would be awesome. But I'd rather have Westbrook.

7. Josh Smith. Also has lower value since we've seen him win before.

8. Terrance Ross/Demar DeRozan. The Raptors!

9. Jeff Green. Has done some crazy things this year. Don't know if his game dunks will translate to dunk contest though.

10. Harrison Barnes/Andre Drummond/Anthony Davis. Barnes might have best in game dunks all year. Drummond and Davis are freaks we'd love to see. We don't want tons and tons of rookies this year. Though we could have a dunk off of rookies between these 3 and Ross.

EDIT: Paul George can be 11th, I thought last year he "Over propped."(Everyone in that contest did, really) Hope Gerald Green and James White bring it back to the basics now that they're in the league and eligible again.

Did I forget anyone?(Deandre Jordan, Javale, Tyson Chandler, all no's in my opinion)

Edited by Fenrir

I agree with most of the guys you put in there. Quite frankly, I really wanna see Demar DeRozan compete again because he clearly got robbed the two years he join the contest.

I'm not sure about how you felt about Blake, but I was really disappointed at his dunks since all of the other contestants were clearly better than his, ESPECIALLY DeRozan's.

But I'm not above seeing Lebron doing it just so he can shut the fans up. He literally left the fans hanging after saying that he was signing up for the 2010 Slam Dunk contest back in 2009.

Javale had some creativity, but all he did was showcase his wingspan.

I agree with most of the guys you put in there. Quite frankly, I really wanna see Demar DeRozan compete again because he clearly got robbed the two years he join the contest.

I'm not sure about how you felt about Blake, but I was really disappointed at his dunks since all of the other contestants were clearly better than his, ESPECIALLY DeRozan's.

But I'm not above seeing Lebron doing it just so he can shut the fans up. He literally left the fans hanging after saying that he was signing up for the 2010 Slam Dunk contest back in 2009.

Javale had some creativity, but all he did was showcase his wingspan.

Yeah he was. I think props should be banned for a year.

To me, Blake was the 2nd best that year. Better than Ibaka and Javale but worse than DeRozan.(At least in the first round)

Would Lebron be the favorite to you? If we could just get him, Green, and White. oh my fuckin god we don't even need a 4th

Yeah, but in my mind you've gotta be really good to get another invite.(Or get robbed like Derozan/Iggoudala)

If we could just get him, Green, and White. oh my fuckin god we don't even need a 4th

I'd really really really like to see this. Maybe get some of the young athletic freaks like Drummond to round everything out. Also agree that props are making the dunking competition worse and need to be banned. Let's get back to old school awesome dunks. What's gonna happen next? People getting trampolines?

I'd really really really like to see this. Maybe get some of the young athletic freaks like Drummond to round everything out. Also agree that props are making the dunking competition worse and need to be banned. Let's get back to old school awesome dunks. What's gonna happen next? People getting trampolines?

Just saw a small compilation video of Flight White. Dude went threw the legs from the free throw line. Just crazy. I'm just scared that him or Green are gonna get overlooked and DeAndre Jordan will be picked. I know that guy has nasty slams, but CP3 could make plenty of athletic 7 footers look like slam dunk champs. In my mind Green and White should be rewarded for being journeyman and sticking with basketball. Only seems fair right?

Yeah, it's just crazy. Remember the video of Kobe jumping over a moving car? Would that be worth 3 Blake Griffin dunk contests? There's a lot of things that are harder than jumping over a car. Plus, how many guys have endorsement deals with a car company? That's not fair.

EDIT: Shannon Brown. Because

Edited by Fenrir

Lebron is the favorite to win, but he is NOT my favorite dunker. The league has been lacking creative dunkers (except for Paul George, DeRozan, Iggy, Gerald Green). It's one thing to be extremely athletic, but I wanna see the creativity as well.

IMO, Blake was the most disappointing one out of them all. He ditched the free throw 360 (his only interesting one). Even Ibaka's behind-the-free throw line dunk was better than most of Blake's repertoire. I don't care what people say, but dunking off the hood of the car is NOT impressive. It was really the presentation of that car dunk that overshadowed the fact that it was REALLY a simple alley-oop two handed slam. If he did at least an 180 on that one, I would've said okay. 360 would actually impress me. But a simple two handed slam over the hood of the car is NOT impressive. The roof is a completely different story.

We lack creative dunkers in the league. We need more of that. We have more than enough athletic dunkers. But some great in-game dunkers aren't necessary creative enough to win the Slam Dunk Contest.

Don't get me started on how Iggy got robbed that year.

Edited by Lord Sheezy

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, this thread got abandoned. What's gonna happen in the 2nd half of the year?

...And when will the Nets make their panic trade?

This is the worst day in Laker history. It's the season on 2013 and the GOAT of owners died. :,( RIP Dr.

Oh yeah this exists.

Really sad to hear about the passing of Dr. Buss. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends, and the whole Lakers organization.

What you guys think of All-Star weekend?

Who do the Nets even trade for?

The whole thing makes me so sad. The Lakers don't have a prayer to make the playoffs unless this brings out a rage resulting in 2006 Kobe.

...BEN GORDON! But really I heard of rumors for him going there, he'd put the Nets over the top in my opinion. In terms of winning the title for having the most past their prime and suuuuper overpaid guys

Well, they just thrashed my team last night. Best game in a long while. Also, Kobe showed Lebron who's boss in the ASG. The first time I've seen somebody played for real at the event. I think Josh Smith will be moving today, but it's a matter of time who gets him. Would it be Brooklyn or more unlikely, Boston?

That ASG was the best I've seen in a long time.

I really thought at the beginning of the season the Celts would find a way to grab Josh Smith, but now I'm not so sure. If it costs Rondo, I say don't do it. Who does Brooklyn even trade for him? It seems like ATL is underwhelmed by any trade offers, and I think they're gonna keep Smith and attempt to resign him this offseason.

In general it seems like there haven't been any big trades this year. Biggest one is HTown's trade for Thomas Robinson last night lol.

I still can't believe dork elvis got away with that? He just nabbed last year's #5 repeat TOP 5 pick last year and they also flipped marcus morris to phoenix for a second rounder that to pull another Dleague guy in. This franchise could become a serious contender in the next few years if they keep stealing draft picks in trades like these

HTown stole the show for this year's trade deadline. Anyone think that TRob can be that "it" factor for them that really pushes them into the conversation as a top team in the West (in a couple years of course)?

Ronnie Brewer to the Thunder is a great trade. Gives them another great defensive player.

Bucks get another good scoring guard in Reddick. How do they factor minutes in for him? Surprised he didn't go to a team like Chicago who miss a guy like Korver coming off their bench and dropping a quick 10 pts.

Probably the most surprising thing this year was the fact that Utah and Atlanta didn't part with their stars, when chances are they'll lose them in FA.

I feel that Utah would fare better with the situation of not moving Big Al because Utah has the most big men prospects in the league whereas Atlanta would be in a grave situation should Josh Smith leave the Hawks and not even Al Horford can salvage the situation. I gave the Rockets some props for pulling the trigger in getting Thomas Robinson. I'm surprised that the Thunder moved Maynor (a solid backup PG) to Portland to support Lillard (the ROTY).

Moving Rondo is definitely a no-no and the last two games proves how important Rondo would be. Sure, the C's have been 8-3 since Rondo was injured, but it was also a matter of time where his presence would be needed so badly. Rondo is not your average superstar, but is sure as hell one of the best in the league when it's all on the line. Rondo is the future of the C's, but I think he would benefit better if they can somehow pull the trigger and get a future go-to-scorer. I hope that the C's will somehow manage to get a guy like Tyreke Evans in the future. Jordan Crawford would be a nice addition and shall have to do for now.

A rather quiet trade deadline season if you ask me.

I still can't believe dork elvis got away with that? He just nabbed last year's #5 repeat TOP 5 pick last year and they also flipped marcus morris to phoenix for a second rounder that to pull another Dleague guy in. This franchise could become a serious contender in the next few years if they keep stealing draft picks in trades like these

And while doing this, they cut cash long term. Also got Francisco Garcia who is shooting 37% from 3's at 6'7". Could be underrated part of the deal since the Rockets love to throw up those 3's. Robinson could do really good in this up tempo pick n roll system. He's a physical freak.

I hope they can turn into a contender. If Robinson pans out they'll make likely make major strides in the west in the next couple of years. All their key players are under contract for 2-3 more seasons as well.

Bucks get another good scoring guard in Reddick. How do they factor minutes in for him? Surprised he didn't go to a team like Chicago who miss a guy like Korver coming off their bench and dropping a quick 10 pts.

I'll agree with Charles Barkley on this one. Monta Ellis isn't gonna let him shoot there anyway, dumb trade.