FE8 hacking questions

Smudges

I've been learning how to use nightmare but i have some questions with it when i was hack fire emblem sacred stone

1: when you change character's classes how do you keep thier palettes with the new class

2: how can you add third tier promotions

3: when you make someone else a trainee(1) how do you get them to automaticly promote at 10 like ewan,ross, and amelia

if someone can help i will greatly appreciate it.

open fe7 in feditor -> class animation manager -> go to nomad animation(both attacking and standing), dump the animation

open fe8 in feditor -> class animation manager -> go to whatever class you want to remove(or increase the index), and insert the files of the nomad you just dumped(the one with no file extension)

i wanted to make a paladin promote into a great knight. how would i do this. i tried making the paladin level 10 and gave him a nights crest and a master seal. neither worked.

Ok to do that you need to open up 3 modules in Nightmare.

Promotion Branch Editor

Custom Promotion Pointer Editor

Promotion Item Editor

Find Paladin class in the branch editor and change the class selection to Great Knight.

Then go to the promotion pointer editor and choose a pointer to use. Next change all the classes that are going to be able to use the promotion item. So say you want to have the paladin promote using the knights crest you would add all the classes that the knights crest can promote plus the paladin class. Change any remaining classes to Nothing beacuse you can't leave any spaces blank.

Go to the promotion item editor and find the item you are changing. So the knights crest in this case. Replace the promotion pointer with the new custom pointer and now it should be able to change classes.

I have a quick question regarding promotions myself, and figured it would be better to ask it here than start a new thread. Is it possible to increase the number of promotion options to three or more for a class, so that a Journeyman can choose between becoming a Fighter, Pirate or Brigand, for example?