Best promotion for a pegasus knight?

Paladin25

24 members have voted

1. 1. What's the best promotion for a pegasus knight in FE Awakening?

• Falcon Knight
    • Dark pegasus ( the one that uses lances and magic, not sure about the name)
    • wyvern knigh

Ok, I haven't played the game myself, but the general consensus is that Dark Pegasus hands out better skills(Movement cry and Lightning speed)and has better combat as a whole, but the Falcon Knight can serve as a flying staff bot and can obtain an effective 25 range with Rescue/Physic/Fortify that ignores terrain assuming capped magic, but that doesn't happen until postgame. Even with that advantage, it doesn't outweigh the dark pegs's pros.

Go with dark peg.

Edited by James the Hero

As a side note, Pegasus Knights can only promote to Falcon Knights and Dark Pegasus in this game, so Wyvern Knight isn't actually a valid option.

Needless to say, I voted for Wyvern Knight.

but you can use the change seal, cant you?

A) who is it

B) what are their stats

If it's like Liz or something, then I'd prefer Falcoknight; more physically orientated units could go either way. Speed Cry is a more useful than Movement Cry, in my opinion.

It's actually the other way around. Postgame, or if you use a Change Seal from a magic-using class, you can get great results with Dark Pegasi blasting things with magic or taking Lightning Speed into whatever classes they feel like. Ingame, it's Falcon Knights that tend to stand out more, having completely better base stats with regard to the physical fighting that any character starting with lances will initially be far better at. They also quickly learn Speed Cry, an incredible skill, while Movement Cry tends to not matter much unless you're especially concerned about speed and Lightning Speed usually takes a long time to show up. This difference is especially prominent on higher difficulties, where access to Rescue as an E rank staff is also hugely useful, even though Falcon Knights tend to have low range with it.

Both classes have their merits, but for an ingame promotion for a Pegasus Knight, Falcon Knight is much better.

Only My Unit, Mark, Sairi and children can use a Change Proof to be a pegasus or a wyvern.

*Looks*

Oh, I see.

Certain people are limited to one or the other. Like how Chiki can turn into a Dragonmaster, Gryphon Knight, or unpromoted Dracoknight (Wyvern Knight) and not Pegasus, while people like Sumia can only go into the Pegasus Knight promotion tree and not into the Dracoknights.

And only the units you said can change into either class tree.

@Raven- Woudn't Sumia be the better Dark Pegasus and Tiamo the better Falcoknight, in theory?

Both of their magic stats aren't the highest, but if you're going for variety, one of them would probably be best to get an alternative skill set, as he's said you only need one unit with Speed Cry...

Though, technically, if you're going to use Change Proofs, you can shift around your skills in whatever class you want once you've learned them.

The Cries don't stack, but it can still be useful to have multiple units capable of using them. I had both Elincia and Tiamo using Speed Cry at the end of my Lunatic run and it was really helpful to not be constrained to one character in one place.

Both of their magic stats aren't the highest, but if you're going for variety, one of them would probably be best to get an alternative skill set, as he's said you only need one unit with Speed Cry...

Though, technically, if you're going to use Change Proofs, you can shift around your skills in whatever class you want once you've learned them.

I mean, Sumia's str isn't exactly high...and her magic is slightly higher than Tiamo's,so I think she's better suited to Dark Peg. Tiamo's growths and bases seem more suited for combat so I think she wants Falcoknight more.

In-game I'd say Falcoknight definately. Outside of post game Dark Pegasus's aren't as useful, mostly because Sumia and Tiamo not having high magic stats and the E-rank Tomes range from 1-3 might. Dark pegasus's can gain Lightning Speed but on Lunatic and Lunatic+ Sumia or Tiamo reaching level 15 promoted is extremely unlikely so what's up for comparison is Staffs vs. Tomes, Speed Cry vs. Movement Cry and Falcoknights better offense and survivability stat wise.

Well, if you do grind, Dark Pegasus is a good choice for Sumia (if you don't, obviously no). In my first playthgouth I managed to get her up to level 15 very early on, which resulted in Lucina and Cynthia being invinvible. Now I have 3 units (+MU) capable of attacking twice per turn, ending the game pretty soon.

Tiamo, on the other hand, will have a hard time being Dark Peg because she's not good with magic. I'd still promote her into Dark Peg first, because children inheritance is everything to me and I'm not one to hurry with this game.

This is a tough question to define due to reclassing. While lightning speed is great, one could make the argument that you'll get more out of the combination of speed cry and lance expert, as movement cry is only useful in specific scenarios. However, you can class change to get both sets of skills, though it will take time to get all 3.

There is also how the classes fair as classes. Now, most of us can agree that the falcon knight has the superior stats, only being behind in magic and being ahead in most everything else. However, there is the issue of tomes vs staves. Staves on wings is pretty sexy, since you can go jump to a large portion of the map to heal from a single spot, and physic/fortify staves can reach anyone at almost any given time. However, tomes not only give the characters a more versatile offense in the case of range and being able to hit defense, but they also because as flying units, they will be the ones to meet up against most flying units, and can wield wind magic, which is super effective.

In my opinion, it is a good idea to raise sumia and tiamo to dark pegs first for lightning speed (plus it being inherited by 2-4 children), and then converting them to pegasus knights. Then, characters whose main class isn't pegs but can class change, turning into a dark peg after learning skills in other classes and staying as a dark peg will be a good choice. Take FMark, for example.

In game, Sumia and Tiamo want to be falcon knights, no question. More magically oriented characters that happen to have pegasus knight in their class sets (e.g. Liz) have a real debate but probably want to be Dark Pegasi in the end.

Postgame, I find that I'm better off training dedicated healers as sages, so falcon knights aren't amazing. Dark Pegasus is an incredible class, though--the ability to switch between tomes against generals and physical weapons against battle monks is great, with better movement than dark knights and demon fighters, and guaranteed access to lightning speed, which I find is almost mandatory for offensively-oriented characters in 4- and 5-star maps.