Tinny?

SgtSmilies

Yeah, promotions before FE6 were pretty arbitrary. For instance, Swordfighters can promote to Swordmasters or Forrests. Similarly, as in this case, Mages can promote to Mage Knights or Magefighters. It varies by character. Arthur promotes to the former while Tinny promotes to the latter.

That said, I think Tinny would be more useful as a Thunder Mage. That way, she would be able to use Thoron before promotion. Instead, I ended up with an unpromoted Tinny for all of Gen 2, and just gave the Thoron tome to Leaf after he promoted.

Tinny's replacement, Linda, actually is a Thunder Mage. She also has minor Tordo blood, giving her an A in thunder from the get go, and Elite, so she actually does have some advantages over Tinny. Still, her stats will never be as good.

Edited by Dalsin

In FE4/5, promotions are assigned per character rather than by class. The sprites sometimes mess up when the sub is a different class to the child. Happens a little more in the Shin Patch due to my class shifting :P.