Chilean Musician Mafia [Game Over]

Percivalé

Well, Blitz, looks like we both could use some work :P:

While I think it would be interesting to see how a host handles a massive player dispute that arises due to stylistic issues, I wasn't in the mood to deal with it.

As for me being vague, it was intentional. Everyone else was busy announcing what they were, and I knew that I'd get host confirmation on all three of my abilities, so why NOT make people wonder what I do?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Blitz, looks like we both could use some work :P:

While I think it would be interesting to see how a host handles a massive player dispute that arises due to stylistic issues, I wasn't in the mood to deal with it.

As for me being vague, it was intentional. Everyone else was busy announcing what they were, and I knew that I'd get host confirmation on all three of my abilities, so why NOT make people wonder what I do?

lol

shrug. i do agree that seg should be barred from joining games if she doesn't lighten up w/ the "everybody else is a retard" schtick since i strongly get the impression she doesn't actually feel that way and is just being a dumb gimmick poster

that's right. i hadnt been on the seg account in a while and i went too far with the roleplaying. i understood i went too far the first time i insulted everyone and stopped doing so, but i still got shot, so. you didnt actually expect me to apologize in-game, did you?

i think this setup had a lot of balancing problems, but i suppose it worked out in the end (sort of?). i do feel happy to know i had scummy reads on 2/3 of the scumteam by D1 (especially considering i was barely paying attention) and didn't feel particularly good about touhou boy either.

i'll tone down my PMSing next game i play here. =)

acceptable neutrals:

- serial killer and variants

- cult if you hate balance

unacceptable neutrals:

- everything else

Edited by cyborg sammy davis jr.

Onmiguard + eclipse's protection abilities + self-protecting doctor was a bit overpowered ... but I think that instead of the amnesiac there should have been a 4th scum. Without one of the other protection abilities, the scum team should have been slightly less powerful in compensation. But either way, this was an interesting game, even if I had to sub out.

I don't think there's something inherently imbalanced with cults... The last few games with cults might have been imbalanced, but that doesn't mean the setup couldn't have been fixed.

the problem with cult is that it gets out of control really quickly if you don't find cult leader (assuming unrestricted recruiting)

like in a 12 player game for example, cult can win by like Day 4 easily just by numbers alone

In a 9/3 game, mafia can win at the end of D3 too, assuming straight mislynches and stuff. Sure, they might not be able to push 3 mislynches, but a cult member can also get lynched. The bigger threat is that people rarely expect cults, so they're not on the lookout for them, but that can be changed.

EDIT: IIRC, the last cult game, Sugar, had a townie whose role PM told them that there was a cult in the game. That could be applied to a better balanced game in other regards.

Edited by Thomas Raith

EDIT: IIRC, the last cult game, Sugar, had a townie whose role PM told them that there was a cult in the game. That could be applied to a better balanced game in other regards.

The most recent cult game wasn't sugar and sugar was terrible and shouldn't be used as an example for anything

Edited by Strider

the thing about cults is that only one person in the cult actually matters (the leader)

you'd need to change some things for them to be okay and even then it's really iffy due to the way they snowball since you don't get flips from their night action

i had a really cool and possibly balanced cult vs masons set-up once but odds are i'll never be able to host it and i can't think of a context where i'd be able to re-use it

Onmiguard + eclipse's protection abilities + self-protecting doctor was a bit overpowered ... but I think that instead of the amnesiac there should have been a 4th scum. Without one of the other protection abilities, the scum team should have been slightly less powerful in compensation. But either way, this was an interesting game, even if I had to sub out.

if there was a 4th scum, maf roles would have needed weakening

Edited by Cap'n Flint