Two Worlds II

Constable Reggie

I just recently beat it and am playing through the expansion right now, and I have to say, this truly is a hidden gem of a game. It probably didn't get as much praise as it deserved cause of it's lolpredecessor, but Two Worlds II (at least on PC, dunno about consoles) is pretty amazing. From what I've played, here are the points:

-Melee combat is somewhat button mashy, haven't used the bow and arrow at all, and the magic system is REALLY fun to tinker around with (it's not that useful on it's own until a good deal later in the game, though. Use it to supplement melee/archery early on, and when you get to a higher level, completely re-spec your character to mage)

-With exception to maybe some character animations and models, the game looks drop dead gorgeous

-A pretty cool online co-op mode that uses a different character than from the main game. I haven't gotten too far in it though.

-It's charm is great because it knows it's a sequel to a pretty shitty game. There's a lot of little touches that really add to the game, such as really interesting (use your head instead of blindly following an npc's instructions) quests, lots of humorous references, a sarcastic, deadbeat character that's pretty entertaining to listen to, and so forth

-Humor is pretty subtle and clever, with few exceptions (unlike beaten-over-your-head humor of DA:O, for example)

-The main plot's pretty lol, since the moment you leave the main bad guy's castle, all notions of progression towards the main quest is completely minimized in favor of side-quests and secondary objectives that indirectly affect your overall progress

-Side quests, there's a whole bunch of them. They're pretty good, too

-Crafting system is really cool and well done

-So is the alchemy system

-The menu/user interface looks... Basic to say the least

-Did I mention the magic system? Dropping anvils, huge spinning rocks, walking on water, jumping insanely ridiculous heights? Yes please.

I personally really enjoyed the game, and it's a shame that it was pretty overlooked, because it greatly improved on basically everything from Two Worlds 2.

Has anyone else played this game, and if so, what did you think of it?

I for one enjoyed laughing stupidly at DA:O

I have heard this is actually neat, though. My backlog grows, assuming I hear correctly.

Two Worlds was incredibly mediocre. And by that I mean, it sucked monkey dick. So I'm in no rush to get the sequel.

Well, yeah, Two World's 2 flat out acknowledges this, makes fun of the original, and pretty much greatly improves upon it in every way.

I dunno, the first game looks fun in a really dumb way. While the sequel tried to fix it, it ended up making it look more boring and lame. Also Two Worlds Guy suddenly started sounding like David Hayer.