North American release: Feb 4, 2013, EU release: April, 2013

Elieson

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His NOJ name, yeah. But I'm not really sure what the point of those are anyway, since they differ from the in-game names.

I'm guessing they used Sol because it started with S and had a bit of contrast to Soiree's name. I suppose they could have used mañana or whatever the word for morning is in Spanish, but Soiree and Mañana sound a little silly together lol. They could have also done Sol and Lune (for moon in French), but Sol and Soiree sound a lot more like a pair while still having some meaning behind their names. I'm guessing they cared more about how they sounded than what was actually behind those words.

Edited by Keilis

*called GameStop. Asked to preorder fe13. Not in their system as released until April.

:?

Good news: the GameStop site still says 2/4/13.

I guess Texas is now being considered as a different country.

I'm actually curious as to how they are going to change Stahl's name in the German localisation. Considering that they changed Haar as well (and that it would just look dumb).

Well, I'll see sooner or later.

His NOJ name, yeah. But I'm not really sure what the point of those are anyway, since they differ from the in-game names.

I'm guessing they used Sol because it started with S and had a bit of contrast to Soiree's name. I suppose they could have used mañana or whatever the word for morning is in Spanish, but Soiree and Mañana sound a little silly together lol. They could have also done Sol and Lune (for moon in French), but Sol and Soiree sound a lot more like a pair while still having some meaning behind their names. I'm guessing they cared more about how they sounded than what was actually behind those words.

I think you're confusing "in-game name" with "fan name"

Good news: the GameStop site still says 2/4/13.

I guess Texas is now being considered as a different country.

Just like they always wanted

'Technically' Sols japanese name is Sort.

TBH, Sun and Evening don't even work that well. Sun and moon, or Evening and Morning would make more sense.

Would Moon and Morning have worked, too?

Well, a soiree is also an evening party. I liked those two together--a evening party in French and sun in Spanish, which is the ultimate symbol of truth.

They just had a great contrast. I know, Sort, whatever. But I loved Sol and Soiree.

Oh well...

...Party and Truth? X'D

Well, it's a night party. I dunno, when I think of that, I don't really get a pure image. Although it's an elegant term, still, it implies less than pure things. It's not like a tea party. I think lots and lots of drinking and things degrading from there.

The sun is the opposite. It's truth and purity. It's unsoilable, really. I think it's a pretty accurate opposite, and actually pretty well thought-out.

Maybe it's just me.

"Fire Emblem Awakening not only features a full-fledged main story mode but also has a ton of DLC maps to keep the adventure going. The first map, available at launch, will be free for a limited time with additional maps available weekly. For more info, check out Official Site - Fire Emblem Awakening for Nintendo 3DS"

"Today we're spotlighting Vaike from Fire Emblem Awakening. A Shepherd who considers himself Chrom's rivel, Vaike has a loud personality and more confidence than his ability warrants."

Edited by Wheels

Seems there's a preview made for the game on Destructoid.

http://www.destructoid.com/preview-fire-emblem-awakening-looks-banging-242124.phtml

Overall not really a big deal, but the one thing I did take note of in reading it was that they named the difficulty levels: Normal, Hard, and Insane.

EDIT: Ninja'd by that other topic.

Edited by Shadow Stalker X

"Today we're spotlighting Vaike from Fire Emblem Awakening. A Shepherd who considers himself Chrom's rivel, Vaike has a loud personality and more confidence than his ability warrants."

http://www.facebook...._count=1&ref=nf

They just corrected that typo for Rival (it was a small typo for Rivel).

"Today we're spotlighting Vaike from Fire Emblem Awakening. A Shepherd who considers himself Chrom's rival, Vaike has a loud personality and more confidence than his ability warrants."

Edited by King Marth 64

Pretty sure it's someone just trying to troll, but I heard that there is an advertisement for that special FEDS in the latest issue of Game Informer, anyone around here happen to have the latest issue?

Saw it here

It probably is a mistake/BS but I'd really like someone to check. :E

Edited by L95

Pretty sure it's someone just trying to troll, but I heard that there is an advertisement for that special FEDS in the latest issue of Game Informer, anyone around here happen to have the latest issue?

Saw it here

It probably is a mistake/BS but I'd really like someone to check. :E

Assuming you're talking about the January 2013 issue, no, there is not. Absolutely NOTHING related to Fire Emblem as far as I can tell. Can't speak for the December 2012 issue, but January 2013 has NOTHING Fire Emblem related. So yeah, straight up trolling, and lies.

It's funny, because GameInformer is the only gaming news source I follow.

EDIT: Also, can someone make note of this on that Gamefaqs thread? Just so the matter can be put to rest before rumors start spreading.

Edited by Diortem

Too late about the rumors... >.>

Damn. Hopefully they can be stopped before it gets too big.

Edited by Diortem

Boop.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/65145307

http://i.imgur.com/yF3Xz.jpg

So, we are getting it.

Details: Page 25, February issue.

Goddamnit, give me something to stab. That stomps on the toes of anyone who got a 3DS for christmas, me included ;_;