fireemblemawakening.com

Hana

There's a chance they could leave every single thing about Spotpass exactly the same, but take out the ability to recruit any Spotpass characters.

It does say you can battle against the "Legacy Characters", but it doesn't say you can recruit them.

It would make the DLC characters stand out even more than they already do, and give more incentive to buy the DLC, because you wouldn't be able to get a free copy of the characters.

They mostly likely won't do this, but it seems just possible enough to consider.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a chance they could leave every single thing about Spotpass exactly the same, but take out the ability to recruit any Spotpass characters.

It does say you can battle against the "Legacy Characters", but it doesn't say you can recruit them.

It would make the DLC characters stand out even more than they already do, and give more incentive to buy the DLC, because you wouldn't be able to get a free copy of the characters.

They mostly likely won't do this, but it seems just possible enough to consider.

If i cant recruit a free version of Marth, Katarina, Eliwood, Lyn, Ephraim, and Soren I am going to be pissed. (Will still buy the DLC of course)

I'm going to guess that everything will get to stay. Nintendo has been rather open to the fact that Japan-only games exist in recent years.

That's said for the old ones. I wonder how will they explain FE12's region exclusivity.

"Selection of" is just business speak that means absolutely nothing. No worries on that.

Category: Action, Adventure
Huh?

I'd be really annoyed if they got rid of recruitable spotpass characters, but think about that for a second.

The spotpass characters are MUs with custom portraits, so if they removed them they would have to tinker with the system since they wouldn't (I don't see a reason why they would) remove MU sharing. Since they use the exact same system.

Unit appears on the map, you can hire/buy/fight them.

Don't forget spotpass also applies to the

secret characters. They wouldn't remove those. As they are actually story relevant.

I like how people thinkg 'a selection' means 'limited' where do you even get the idea... It's just fluffy wording.

Edited by L95

Well, it would be really weird for them to say "you're getting all of the DLC from the japanese version :D"

It would be odd, as I'm sure many people don't pay attention to the japanese release. There really is no way for them to say it without looking weird. I'd explain my point better, but I'm not sure how. But you get what I'm saying, right?

IIRC, when spotpass characters were first revealed for japan they didn't say they were recruitable at first. (I remember people arguing about it. Note they also didn't say they weren't.) Same situation, saving info for later. The main draw for bonus characters is generally useability, anyway.

Edited by L95

^ I was just concerned because they didn't guarantee all DLC/SpotPass will be include, and the fact that they didn't worries me more.

Why would they? Most people don't know about the Jap version, so why would they say "You'll get spirit talisman 1, 2, & 3"? If they did, they'd ruin it for the people who are buying who didn't hear about the (J) version.

This is what I've been saying all along. We're going to get everything, there isn't a reason to cut it.

Like Othin said, new characters introduced means that old games will gain traction and it's possible to have a remake.

With the series being known for its region exclusivity in the past, there is no reason for NOA to hide anything. If anything, recent games published by NOA indicate that they're more likely than not to include references to Japan-only games.

Remember folks: Roy was in Melee. I don't think they're going to have any qualms about releasing him here, and if they'd release Roy I'd think they'd release all of them. It would honestly be more work not to.

"Selection" is, as people have said, advertising fluff. It's a CYA situation where you can promise people a bunch of stuff without promising them whatever their imaginations dream up. They aren't promising every character in FE that ever existed, because not even the JP release has that. "A selection" is just a way of saying "we'll port over the DLC and Spotpass stuff and you can get it or not get it."

It'd honestly be far more effort to take things out than to just leave them in. What order we get things is certainly a different question, but I'm going to use my ESP and guess the order will be pretty much the same because it's easier to just be lazy.

You know, its not just Roy, Marth was there too. We didn't even get SD until after Brawl, either :p

True. And that's a pretty good point. It's possible part of the reason we actually did get Shadow Dragon was because of Melee making Marth popular. Him being a pretty popular character in that game couldn't have hurt interest in Fire Emblem, at least.

Let's see...

[spoiler=Text from NOA site, not actual spoilers]IMMERSIVE STORY AND VISUALS:The deep and immersive fantasy storyline is told throughbeautiful 3D visuals and movies.

DEEP CAST OF CHARACTERS: A massive selection of characters are at your command,withal with a unique personality and background story and different class types and skill sets.

DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT: An extensive selection of downloadable content will be available for purchase and will offer opportunities to acquire new maps, new story elements, new playable characters, new classes, and rare items and weapons.

CUSTOMIZATION: Create your own personalized character and fight alongside heroic characters on the battlefield.

BONDS GROWN IN BATTLE: Team up characters to strengthen their friendships on the battlefield. The closer they grow, the better these friends and allies will fight together. Some characters can even get married!

TEAM UP: Team up with your friend and fight against a group of enemies in the local multiplayer mode.

The StreetPass™ featureallows you to exchange your team data. Recruit or battle against the other player’s team or purchase rare items they might carry.

The SpotPassâ„¢ feature allows you to receive new maps, items and legacy characters to battle against in random battle and local multiplayermode.

Whoever wrote this needs to replace their keyboard. The space bar seems to be not working.

Edited by nocturnal YL

Fred is next up on Nintendos Facebook.

"Today’s Fire Emblem Awakening character spotlight is Chrom’s lieutenant, Frederick. Frederick is a Ylissean knight who is sincere to a fault. He demands tremendous effort from the other Shepherds who fight alongside him to defend the borders of Ylisse."

Let's see...

[spoiler=Text from NOA site, not actual spoilers]IMMERSIVE STORY AND VISUALS:The deep and immersive fantasy storyline is told throughbeautiful 3D visuals and movies.

DEEP CAST OF CHARACTERS: A massive selection of characters are at your command,withal with a unique personality and background story and different class types and skill sets.

DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT: An extensive selection of downloadable content will be available for purchase and will offer opportunities to acquire new maps, new story elements, new playable characters, new classes, and rare items and weapons.

CUSTOMIZATION: Create your own personalized character and fight alongside heroic characters on the battlefield.

BONDS GROWN IN BATTLE: Team up characters to strengthen their friendships on the battlefield. The closer they grow, the better these friends and allies will fight together. Some characters can even get married!

TEAM UP: Team up with your friend and fight against a group of enemies in the local multiplayer mode.

The StreetPass™ featureallows you to exchange your team data. Recruit or battle against the other player’s team or purchase rare items they might carry.

The SpotPassâ„¢ feature allows you to receive new maps, items and legacy characters to battle against in random battle and local multiplayermode.

Whoever wrote this needs to replace their keyboard. The space bar seems to be not working.

Was going to mention that too. XD They fixed it on the official site now, though.