DaShortQuiet1's Sprite Gallery

OreoStyx

Here's some sprite work that I had floating around on my laptop. I'm thinking of making a FE7 hack of my own. But for now, I'll work on sprites.

[spoiler=Lots of Pictures]

femugs1_zps7202c0e1.png

First Row: Isaiah, Maddox, Dyna, Zemira, Haben

Second Row: Kiandra, Caius, Hadley, Fanella, Jamie

Last Row: Rishan, Omari, and Xycann (Might as well throw in a Kingdom Hearts OC)

waltermug_zpsfc3a2317.png

Before and After of Walter

rileymug_zpsba51563f.png

Before and After of Riley, decided to change the eyes and fix the shading of his wing a bit

christenamug_zpse16bbb1e.png

Before and After of Christena, needed changes in the colours

androsmug_zps190fd964.png

Before and After of Andros, decided to go green, lol.

darahmug_zpsb79356d9.png

Before and After of Darah, first one is really creepy looking. Second one was an improvement, and the last one I added more wrinkles to make her look more realistic and not just adding wrinkles to make her look old.

I'll be posting more in the near future. =D

I'm too lazy to type up a decent critique so I'll work on that later. For now, be sure to watch colors (FE6/7 and FE8 style colors need to be separate), and watch some angles on the splices, especially with hair. At the least you do decent proportions.

I'm too lazy to type up a decent critique so I'll work on that later. For now, be sure to watch colors (FE6/7 and FE8 style colors need to be separate), and watch some angles on the splices, especially with hair. At the least you do decent proportions.

Thanks for the advice Hamlet, will definitely keep that in mind.

Jamie and Omari looks weird cause of the neck size. I like the first row and the first three on the second. the fourth one on the second row should have her left shoulder raised a little to make it look better. I agree with hamlet and you need to work on the colors since that's the only thing hurting my eyes. idk

Jamie and Omari looks weird cause of the neck size. I like the first row and the first three on the second. the fourth one on the second row should have her left shoulder raised a little to make it look better. I agree with hamlet and you need to work on the colors since that's the only thing hurting my eyes. idk

Thank you for your input, I tried to make edits to the ones that needed fixing. I also added more stuff.

[spoiler=More Pictures]

femugs2_zps6097fa07.png

First Row edits:

• fixed Zemira's hair a bit
  • fixed Haben's colours so it doesn't burn the retinas off of people (can't believe I didn't notice it earlier tbh)
  • changed Omari's eyes so it's not just Percival's face, fixed his collar, slimmed down his neck a bit, and changed the colours to stick to FE8
  • made Fanella's left shoulder higher a bit, hopefully that looks better than before
  • made Jamie's neck not as thick as before
  • fixed Riley's skin tone to match FE8 standards

Second Row: Jubal, Illeana, Elias , Uriel, Annette (I referenced from Eyemiya from Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem), Eira (I referenced Eira's hair colour from Lumi's entry in Round 19 of the splicing contest)

move Jamie's neck to the left. Maybe that would help. There's still something off with Jamie's neck angle. Idk. for now try moving his neck to the left like what I said.

The rest looks better than before and only needs a little more fine touches.

Eira's mask bothers me a lot. Too bright for the dark color she has going on.

Oh ok, so is this better then?

eira1_zps804d7a49.png

move Jamie's neck to the left. Maybe that would help. There's still something off with Jamie's neck angle. Idk. for now try moving his neck to the left like what I said.

The rest looks better than before and only needs a little more fine touches.

jamie1_zps475891b9.png

I shifted Jamie's neck to the left as you suggested ninjamoeba.

And now for something new, Andros's battle sprite.

androssprite_zps21422e83.png

Oh that's a pretty neat battle sprite.

Yes it does looks better, but black mask with black hair? ;| Gonna be rough to see difference.

You don't have to change that. I don't see any suitable color from the mug to make it be different other than that shoulder armor. (IF THAT IS AN ARMOR NOT A HAIRBAND WRAP.)

• 4 weeks later...

Smooth out the eyebrows on Jamie, and the colors on his shirt are really clashy. The face and neck shading can be improved in a few parts, but the proportions are good now.

jamie2_zpsd8080459.png

Tried to make the changes that you suggested, and again thank you for the tips.

that battle sprite is quite excellent :3

Thank you. I plan to make more soon; that is if school doesn't weigh me down.

Oh that's a pretty neat battle sprite.

Yes it does looks better, but black mask with black hair? ;| Gonna be rough to see difference.

You don't have to change that. I don't see any suitable color from the mug to make it be different other than that shoulder armor. (IF THAT IS AN ARMOR NOT A HAIRBAND WRAP.)

*Facepalm* I don't know what I was thinking.

eira2_zps19cd46e1.png

Fixed the mask colour to match the shoulder armour. I fixed the shape of the shoulder armour and also tried a bit in shading it differently. Not sure if this version of armour shading is better than the first one though.

For the first sprite, I wouldn't use the outline color for his eyebrows. Also, his head is the size of a child's, and it doesn't really fit with Ross' body.

For the second sprite, the custom stuff looks really pillow-shaded. Also, the mask is still almost the same color as the hair, so maybe make it a bit brighter? Or cover the mouth altogether.

Otherwise, these aren't bad. Keep up the good work!