Awakening artbook as Gamestops pre-order bonus! :0

Whoa, looks like I'm going to have to ensure that I get that with my preorder since I placed it pretty early.

Still, that's pretty awesome^^

edit: "available at the time of purchase", so I should be fine then.

Edited by Ace Tactician

On one hand, I'm glad they're offering it as a preorder. On the other hand? I'll really be ticked if it's the Knights of Ylisse artbook in English. I just had the Japanese one show up my house only four days ago. So the timing is about as welcome as a load of bricks to the face.

There, aren't any other artbooks out in japan are there? Would they make a new one for english release? Maybe I should shut up until we get more details on it.

My frame of mind was that since Awakening pulled in so much money, it gave Nintendo the leadway to translate it and send it to us ala what they did with Hyrule Historia.

Living in Europe, or more specifically, a PAL region, we get artbooks all the time for Limited Editions and preorder bonuses. And...the best I've experienced is a soft cover, probably about 50 page long book for a preorder bonus, made mostly of the widely circulated official art, with probably 5 pages of concept art?

America seems to be worse at preorder bonuses than we are, so I wouldn't get your hopes up XD

I doubt it's going to be the Knights of Iris book. More than likely, it will be a 20-or-so page booklet with some samples of the official art, plus some liner notes from the devs. This is the standard practice for most preorders/special edition sets, so don't get your hopes up. Examples would be the pack-ins for Persona 3/4, Catherine, Mass Effect 2, The Last Story, Gears of War, etc. Usually the art book is around the size of the case, dimension-wise, so the book can be sealed in with the game, though the Awakening book will likely be larger than a 3DS case and be a hand-off at the counter, like how the Persona 4 book was roughly 8.5"x11".

Example: The Xenoblade Preorder Art Book

Living in Europe, or more specifically, a PAL region, we get artbooks all the time for Limited Editions and preorder bonuses. And...the best I've experienced is a soft cover, probably about 50 page long book for a preorder bonus, made mostly of the widely circulated official art, with probably 5 pages of concept art?

America seems to be worse at preorder bonuses than we are, so I wouldn't get your hopes up XD

And Nintendo of France offered a 256 paged artbook/guidebook as a preorder bonus for Xenoblade Chronicles. cool.gif

Seems unlikely we will get a special 3DS, since it's kinda ''outdated'' and the XL is on stores.

Even more unlikely that Nintendo will release a special 3DS XL here since that will upset their japanese fanbase ( unless they get it too, which seems unlikely after so much time the game was released there ).

Yeah I went to the mall to try and preorder Fire Emblem and they don't even have the game in the store computers yet. I waited in line, which was excruiciating because their debit machine was broken, only to be told I couldn't preorder yet. Usually preordering a game isn't that much of a pain because our release dates are pretty much identical to the US ones, but wtf? There's 44 days left til Fire Emblem comes out, the Nintendo promotion machine is already rolling, and we can't order the game at all.

With this, is the special 3DS out of the running?

Cool art book, I guess, but that kinda makes me think we won't get the 3DS...

It's pretty much the last nail in the coffin.

*insert big giant weeb grin here*

Don't I feel special...

But yeah, seems like I'll be getting the artbook "at the time of purchase"... even though I paid for the game in full when I "reserved" it at the store, not "pre-ordered". XD

The only thing I'm REALLY curious about is Olivia's voice actress. I'm pretty much just supporting localization here I don't even have an American 3DS yet, since I'm a weeb and all with the Japanese voice actors I know.

And just as people have said, it's not likely to be the Knights of Iris artbook... hell I'd be PISSED if it was, considering the amount of money I had to fork over for the Japanese one.

Edited by shadowofchaos

And just as people have said, it's not likely to be the Knights of Iris artbook... hell I'd be PISSED if it was, considering the amount of money I had to fork over for the Japanese one.

No reason they're giving away a 4000-yen (plus shipping) book for free. The bonus book has to be something else.

I was going to preorder no matter what the bonus was, but official art is cool.

Same here. I was going to pre-order it no matter what, now I get an extra bonus! I hope it's something good.

I'm quietly laughing at anyone who thinks they're going to give us Knights of Iris as a pre-order incentive.

This artbook, I'm almost positive, is just going to be little snippets of that book - probably the first-gen characters and maybe a few more generic artworks about the game itself. Not enough to where we're getting an entire freaking book for free, but enough to where they can say they tried and proceed to not bother releasing the full book.