Fateborn Who Can't Sprite

Fateborn

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to come and say that you have some great works that I envy, Fateborn. That last one is a full custom? Or just close to that? I think you're a great spriter. Keep up the good work and show some more sometime.

that's all fine and good but if you wanted a more anatomically correct sprite. You should make the forehead bigger. it sounds like you're just dismissing my cnc.

It's more difficult to make that a reality without making one area of her head look odd and I don't like reshading it again. I don't have that kind of tenacity. But I appreciate your feedback.

I'm surprised with myself for the cleanness though.

Crappy example... Shoulda used the pencil or a tablet if I had one... but if you are interested in changing up anything on it after a bit... Here's some areas you could tweak.

Fateborn-MugAreas_zpsdlnxptwe_1.png

-Neck seems a bit too thick, head a bit too small. Bring the neck in a couple pixels to about there, make the hair/head a bit larger to at least that point and I think it will be good.

Maybe someone better than me could offer better examples/suggestions...

Anyways, it is a cool design and sprite... It is female though, right? I like the general look and outfit... may just wanna fix up some of those proportions and some of the body shading seems a little flat too.

Regardless, cool character.

...On Minerva, I dunno if the issues with the mug were as pronounced as some seemed to be suggesting. The earlier body angle seemed a bit better to me tbh, whereas the head currently looks cool!

Gender Neutral, but thanks, I'll fix it up in a jiffy if I can be bothered.

(Neutral as in it can be male or female depending on the need.)

Edited by Fateborn

Have a sprite fix, I'm bored

d1c1b11609.png

Reshaped the head with some minor hair fixes to look more like hair and evened out the hairline, referencing Isadora. I also fixed their jawline because it was looking pretty wonky.

put another shade in their eyes because they looked really flat. Also fixed the shading around their eyes in general

Fixed the mouth because it was mostly the second shade before and that made the mouth really undefined.

Reshaded the neck and fiddled with the collar because the neck was horribly pillow shaded and the way the collar was made no sense.

Reshaped the left shoulder (their pov) so it looked less like blob. I played with the pauldron too, but I wasn't sure what you were trying to do with it so eh.

The body is still too small for the head and the angle of their right shoulder is just weird, but I'll let you figure that out

D-Duuuuuuuudeeeeeee.....

Edit: Seriously though, you made my work lot easier having a reference for me to use.

Thanks!

Now to adjust my own mug and check your fix to see what I can do with it.

Edited by Fateborn

POERjdZ.png

Hmm.

I spliced this sprite, gonna see if I can make an animation of it.

Gonna be a quite painful experience.

+1 to anyone who can guess what this is.

Edited by Fateborn

Design and colors seem a little off. "Lame" is a bit harsh, but its a little underwhelming considering the generally higher quality of work you produce.

Think it needs some tweaks as you're capable of and have produced better, and much cooler designs/works. :)

...uh what the hell happened to the ghost sprite/mug I was posting on? >.>

...am I more tired than I thought? Posting in wrong thread?

----

Anyways, new splice looks clean. Interested in seeing the animations. :)

Edit:

...god damnit. I was looking at page 1 with that earlier quote. XD

I'm gonna try and get some sleep... >.<

Edited by TheErrantShepherd

Yeah, it's difficult to make good quality color for this sort of work.

I'm already working on that specific after noticing it when I posted the image.

Advices would be nice to go with it.

POERjdZ.png

Hmm.

I spliced this sprite, gonna see if I can make an animation of it.

Gonna be a quite painful experience.

+1 to anyone who can guess what this is.

It would be awesome if you did make the animation for it. Maybe I could insert it to the hack. But damn, that battle sprite looks great. And I have no idea what it could be. Is it some sort of new class?

So far, I made small progress of having three frames.

i'mslow

K4y6pbz.png0tEQQFh.pngsWx99zu.png

Referenced from Necromancer's first two frames.

I don't intends to portrays necromancer in her 100%, I plans on having her do something else instead, just the cape idea worked with it.

Looks interesting so far. Kind of reminds me of this at the moment with how the cape is being moved...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2UFFzPsSsg

...let's... Get... DANGEROUS! >:D

-----

*cough*

...anyways, looking good so far. Keep it up.

Edited by TheErrantShepherd

Bet you didn't see this coming.

zxgtf9w.gif

What do you think?

Aside from the obvious cape, is there anything wrong with it. (Don't worry about weapon colors, I'll fix it... eventually)

Edit: The hand apparently, need a transition it seems.

Edited by Fateborn