Something Terrible Just Happened to My Game

Kon

So, after five years of playing my Pokémon Pearl Version without restarting it even once, without warning it just erased its data. No "Your game has been erased due to corruption or damage." message or anything, as if it had gone through a factory reset. Hundreds of Pokémon, teams from playthroughs of other games, nearly all of the few Shinies I've ever found, dozens of normal and event legendaries and my Japanese Ditto lost just like that. What's worse is that this was right after trading 19 Pokémon from SoulSilver to Pearl so my brother-in-law could borrow it and start a new game. I kind of have this delusion that it may decide to restore itself, but I know that's most likely not happening.

This sucks.

Thanks you guys. I did try cleaning the cartridge and the DS slot, but it didn't do anything. I'm really sad I'll never see my Shiny Umbreon, Kiern, again. ;-;

Um, actually, would anyone be interested in donating some Pokémon eggs? I'd like to do something different for when I start over Pearl, so why not a Random Egg Run? You can send me over whatever you want, as long as the egg isn't hacked or a derp (at least not a whole team of derps). As soon as I get it I'll edit this post with my Friend Code so I can trade.

EDIT: Got distracted by my new game, Pokémon Conquest, whoops. ^^; FC: 5158-1690-5341

Edited by Kon