The Hero's Sprites

Hero of Lite

Hello, I'm the Hero of Lite (a pun on Light for the unobservant gee_wiz_emoticon.gif) and these are my sprites. My friend and I are (slowly) working on a hack for the Sacred Stones, so I've been making some portrait sprites for it. I'm not very skilled yet in spriting, so I've come here looking for suggestions. Also, if anyone knows where I could get input for the growth rates I made for the characters it would be muchly appreciated.

Anyways, just skip the text if you're uninterested in their backstories and such.

0BwEF.png

One of the two Lords, named Isaac. We will either do a Sacred Stones thingy where you chose halfway through who to finish the story as or we'll just have the two plotlines switch back and forth with each chapter. Isaac is a bow Lord, but until we make a custom sprite for him we're just using the archer sprite (though if you guys would like to make a starting point for a Bow Lord battle sprite that would be great!). Isaac's grandfather is currently king in place of his father after the latter's death, making Isaac 2nd in line for his kingdom's throne after his brother. He is unaccustomed to combat or warfare, as he's never had to worry about leading an army. After his brother gets killed in combat early on, Isaac is put in charge of his nation's army to drive the enemy back. Isaac is like Eliwood in personality, except he lacks confidence and leadership (though he gains both over the course of the story).

BAXon.png

The other Lord: Luke. Luke is overconfident and arrogant, often forgetting to think about his plans before rushing off to see them through. Despite his aggressive nature, he's still good at heart. Isaac and Luke are childhood friends. He is also heir to his empire's throne after his older brother.

puZ6h.png

Aethel, one of Luke's best friends and retainer. Despite growing up an orphan and in poverty until being taken in by the royal family, he has an inextinguishable cheeriness to him and is almost always friendly, although he does have trouble avoiding snarky comments about things. Aethel is very defensive of his little sister, Macie, who is his only living relative left. Aethel is the Green Knight archetype of the game (even though he wears blue). Based off of Ranulf from Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn.

71caQ.png

Kaylee, a knight in service to Isaac's family. She has an incredible sense of duty and is unafraid to lay down her life for the kingdom. Kaylee always strives to be the greatest knight she can be, and while this may make her appear too serious, she has a kind personality. The Red Knight archetype in the game. I posted three versions of her because we're not sure what hair color to give her and wanted input from y'all.

Abqg0.png

Floyd, a mercenary employed by the enemy kingdom. Floyd is very honorable and only agreed to fight for the enemy so that he could protect a friend who fought for them. After that friend died, Floyd found that he couldn't escape his contract, that is, until the heroes allow him the perfect opportunity to ditch. Somewhat based off of both Gerik and Heath.

uSisc.png

Me, though I'm just another unit in the game. I am proud of how the sprite turned out though biggrin.gif.

YPWCW.png

Macie, Aethel's little sister. Unlike her brother, Macie is very quiet and shy. She rarely talks, and when she does it isn't much.

Y0etr.png

Trace, Luke's other retainer. Despite being years younger than Luke, Trace often acts more mature than him and is largely responsible for coordinating their plans. A prodigy in both magic and tactics. Based off of Soren from Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn.

Edited by Hero of Lite

How exactly do you get your colors? Stick to only FE8 or FE6/7 colors when you're starting out. Also, your hair and face angles don't always match up. And you need to adjust shading when you splice hair onto someone. Yeup. Starting out sucks.

Edited by deranger

How exactly do you get your colors? Stick to only FE8 or FE6/7 colors when you're starting out. Also, your hair and face angles don't always match up. And you need to adjust shading when you splice hair onto someone. Yeup. Starting out sucks.

Also, don't use the default Paint colors; they look horrible next to FE colors. Start with either FE6/7 or FE8 colors, and then work on custom colors. If you need to adjust colors do very minor adjustments.