Favorite Let's Plays?

vernalbee

What are some of you guys favorite LPs/LPers? Out of curiosity, and maybe to watch some new ones too.

My favorite LPer is probably NintendoCapriSun, closely followed by lucahjin and HCBailly. Lord Smapy's Suikoden LPs are awesome as well, and i like uzimachi1 too (i've only watched his Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time). I've watched Necroscope's LPs of final fantasies 7-9, and they were hilarious. For FE, i really like KakeyoSilverton and MageKnight404, and MarkyJoe1990 biggrin.gif

For FE, I like Rondie and Mageknight404's playthroughs of PoR and Radiant Dawn. I find them both really funny, and the commentary was great!

I watch LP's from a very small group of friends

Then I never got into Minecraft till I saw 4 of them coming together and started an LP together on it =D

They call themselves the Odd Quad and they each record the same thing from the individual point of views. I just watch from all 4 of them since my ADD can't keep up with all at once, and it clears things up when I see the same situation from the different views since they won't all see the same thing x3 It's like even though I watch the same thing over and over from all 4 points of view I still am watching a new thing every time~ (well almost)

But the four of them are quite silly together so I love watching them~ And I would never have tried Minecraft if I had never watched them =D

Besides that, these two people (one of them is involved in the Odd Quad) managed to come up with an idea to Co-op Banjo-Kazooie and I found it quite hilarious to watch.

I think LPs involving more than one person are the best ones to watch especially if the LPers are super super close. Because then they always have a super great time and it makes it more entertaining ^~^

TL;DR: The Odd Quad, who play Minecraft together (if anybody wants to watch them I would recommend seeing it from all points of view! I think 0xfoo's videos have a link to all the channels of the other 3) and the Banjo-Kazooie Co-op, which is the only co-op of that game that exists XD (their parts switch back and forth between the two users though)

I almost hate recommending them though because they're a super small group of friends who aren't super famous at all and they become friends with their commenters because there are so few, and once when a co-op I saw from the small group got famous all of a sudden they got a bunch of super stupid subscribers/commenters ;n; Or I guess now that I think of it probably not many would read this and even less go watch it anyway so I guess it's fine

Edited by Freohr Datia

I usually like LPs that are post-commentary. I feel like more effort is put into making the commentary relevant and interesting.

So I really liked slowbeef's and diabetus's LP of

If you're into TF2, my favorite LPers are Jerma and Star. Watching these guys really helped me understand the depth and complexity of Team Fortress 2.

I never really watch Fire Emblem LPs. I love Fire Emblem, but I'll be the first to admit that they're not the most fun games to watch someone else play imo.

Give them a shot if you want to see someone new laugh.gif

I actually prefer live commentary. It feels more real I suppose... I like things when they aren't prepared and can be spontaneous. Then reactions can be more hilarious to see when there's a death or when somebody messes up~

But yeah mostly I just prefer videos to be more realistic and not planned or also not faked =3

I like Chuggaconroy, AttackingTucans and Lucahjin. I kinda like Gamegrumps too, I just wish they'd use their brains sometimes instead of wandering helplessely in levels because they didn't listen to the tutorials...I still find them very funny and entertaining though.

I actually prefer live commentary. It feels more real I suppose... I like things when they aren't prepared and can be spontaneous. Then reactions can be more hilarious to see when there's a death or when somebody messes up~

But yeah mostly I just prefer videos to be more realistic and not planned or also not faked =3

I understand what you mean. I really dislike when some LPers overact while playing Slender or Amnesia by screaming and shouting. I think our opinions differ because I watch LPs to learn more about the game, while others watch LPs for the LPers personality. It's a matter of what you want from an LP i guess.

I understand what you mean. I really dislike when some LPers overact while playing Slender or Amnesia by screaming and shouting. I think our opinions differ because I watch LPs to learn more about the game, while others watch LPs for the LPers personality. It's a matter of what you want from an LP i guess.

Oooh yeah I just watch LPs for entertainment x3 If I wanted to watch informative LPs then I would probably agree with you on that, too.

Edited by Freohr Datia

Ethoslab/PauseunPause/anyone from mindcrack. Ultra Hardcore Minecraft series is my all time favourite minecraft competition on youtube, and these guys provide good LPs for minecraft because they can actually play it well unlike the more famous Yogscast and Tobuscus.

There are very, very few LPers who are not unfunny and annoying. And the most unfunny/annoying ones like pewdiepie are usually also the ones with the most views lol, so there you go, pandering to preteens is a tried and true formula for making money on youtube

from all the ones mentioned in this thread, the only ones i can sort of stand because of bias are trentypoo and game grumps

lps are just dumb

Edited by Stolypin Necktie

oh my god, two best friends are the BEST. they will never fail to make me fall out of my chair laughing. biggrin.gif

yeah, when it comes to humor i laugh at the dumbest things, i'm pretty easily entertained, heheh.

from all the ones mentioned in this thread, the only ones i can sort of stand because of bias are trentypoo and game grumps

lps are just dumb

i fucking love you man <3

hey man. you might be right. but hey.