How did everyone get into Fire Emblem games

Xeroix

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in about 2005, Target and Gamestop actually had demos!!

And on the GBA demo stations, they had a magical game called Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones - I would always ask my parents to let me go to either Target or Gamestop to play the demo. The farthest I would get during those sessions was chapter 3, so I asked for it for my birthday!

No one does demo stations like they used to : (

Y'know, this would totally look better in General FE.

And the same thing was made (by the same user) just a few hours ago. Xeroix, you can edit. This one has already gotten more responses (well, discounting Eclipse's, it's actually the same) and seems to know what it's about better, so we'll leave this one.

I've probably answered this question at least three times over the past five years, lol. Liked SSBM, saw FE7 on a store shelf, thought "Why not?" and my life was changed forever.

I downloaded some random GBA roms. I tried FE8. I was about to quit because I kept on losing, but then I recruited Lute. Safe to say she's the reason I eventually became such a FE addict.

Hm... me?

Well, my younger brother wanted some action game of some sort. Fire Emblem (Shadow Dragon) had swords, fighting, dragons... you know, the typical medieval stuff. Turns out it was had no action whatsoever. (I'm not counting the battles here.) Weeeeelllll, he liked it anyway. I decided to play it too... and liked it... a lot. We got Radiant Dawn and played some of that. Only some, though. It stopped working after chapter 3... then our Wii broke a year later and a half later, before I was able to get another copy of the game.

:( I played Shin Monshou no Nazo... (AND BEAT LUNATIC REVERSE!!! That wasn't easy.) I played both Shadow Dragon and Shin Monshou no Nazo multiple times... (Shadow Dragon - about 7 or so times; Shin Monshou no Nazo - 5 or so times.) I got the ROMs for the two GBA games... I never finished them, though. For some reason, the not-so-good graphics just make me not want to play them. FE11 and FE12 have bad enough graphics as it is. (<- Another reason why I like Awakening so much... even though I've never even played it before. Good graphics are, well, pretty important to me. Sure, they're not the most important thing out there, but, eh, whatever.)

Well, Fire Emblem is now my favorite game. (It used to be Pokemon and the Legend of Zelda... and Mario.)

It's a good game.

Back in about 2005, Target and Gamestop actually had demos!!

And on the GBA demo stations, they had a magical game called Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones - I would always ask my parents to let me go to either Target or Gamestop to play the demo. The farthest I would get during those sessions was chapter 3, so I asked for it for my birthday!

No one does demo stations like they used to : (

Move to Asia

I didn't see them in the states after like, '08.

But I see 'em here in the local malls.

november sun shines

the wind whistles through the hills

new gamestop is there

shortest of all weeks

move games like flowing river

three used costs for two

isle of yoshi

alongside tactics advance

support sacred stones

battery is dead

its soul passed into ether

its form is replaced

a new form obtained

its chimes as a summer breeze

months are lost in bliss

november sun shines

the wind whistles through the hills

new gamestop is there

shortest of all weeks

move games like flowing river

three used costs for two

isle of yoshi

alongside tactics advance

support sacred stones

battery is dead

its soul passed into ether

its form is replaced

a new form obtained

its chimes as a summer breeze

months are lost in bliss

Not bad. Not bad at all.

I started with FE7 on emulator, but Sacred Stones was my favorite and I ended up buying it. Gotta love the class branching.

Play Melee, find Marth cool, buy Shadow Dragon.

Detest Shadow Dragon, don't make it to chapter 10, irrationally hate series for two years.

Receive Sacred Stones 3DS, reattempt Shadow Dragon, enjoy it.

Play Sacred Stones, fall in love, begin rest of series.

played ike at the brawl demo during E for All (old spinoff of E3 which was basically cheaper but had less demos)

then played RD's prologue an hour later

a few months later, bought RD and loved it

found SF, played rest of series

end of story

My sister got Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones for christmas when I was 13, because she just told our parents to get video games and my parents picked that up. My siblings and I share games and I was hooked. My sister didn't like it so she gave it to me. I started going on places like Gfaqs, playing the other games, and ended up here.

I thought Marth and Ike were cool on brawl. Got the ambassador and sacred stones, fell in love. I was also wondering why Marth and Ike were from Fire Emblem and they weren't in sacred stones. Googled it, discovered other FE games, fell even deeper in love. In short, combo of ambassador program and brawl.

I actually came across Fire Emblem for the first time in 2005, seeing a Demo of Path of Radiance in a local store at Frankfurt. The only problem was that it had to stand up against a demo of Paper Mario: TTYD, which eventually was the reason for me to buy a GameCube. I played the FE-Demo before that and forgot about it because of Paper Mario. Several years later, I stumbled across FE again, in the form of Ike and Marth in Brawl, but did not show much interest (still not sure why >_<), so I moved on until that magic sexy ambassador programme happened. Thank heavens for that. I tried out all the games I had not played and eventually it was time for The Sacred Stones. Wasn't to excited at first as I am usually not really into medieval or anime styled things, but it hooked me after 2 or 3 chapters. I could not get enough of it. Have played it for about 200 Hours since then.

Yeah, and after that, I decided that I wanted to own every FE available in the west. Accomplished my task several months ago, but my god was it hard to get Path of Radiance for a reasonable price. Feel so stupid for not buying it back then, in 2005.

I bored one day on youtube and was watching some older LPs from a LPer I just gotten into, I decided to watch his FE9 LP, it took about 2 weeks and I when I finished, I decided to download a FE7 ROM and the rest is history

I think it was 2001, Fire Emblem was just released and i was searching for an RPG to play on the GBA and saw FE in a review from Nintendo World magazine.

I decided to give it a try. I thought strange the ''party'' had so many characters, no spells/skills, but i ended up loving the concept. Lyn's story was actually pretty simple and compelling for a starter ( who had 13 years at the time ). When i got Eliwood mode and saw that people killed would not come back my mind was blown. Ended up loving the game.

But from the ending of FE7 i thought there would be a continuation which never came in the next years...

Then i played FE8 and i was kinda disappointed because it was too short, undead and monsters didn't had any appeal for me, and somehow it didn't had so many conversations and the appearance of epicness FE7 had. Years passed and today i actually see FE8 with much different eyes. Altough undead and mindless monsters still don't appeal to me on FE.

Then i discovered GameFAQs, saw some secrets and things i didn't knew and ended up discovering that the FEs i played were actualyl the 7th and 8th version. And that the 6th was a sequel to 7. I found a patched rom and playing as Roy and Lilina through Elibe again, with all the references from past characters and using all the Sacred Weapons instead of just 3 blew my mind.

I endured playing FE9 on an emulator who ran it at like 15-20 FPS. It took forever to finish maps and finish it, but i loved it too. The only thing i didn't liked was the lack of terrains for strategy...

I couldn't play FE10 at all, then i got another emulator and also ran it on like 15-20 FPS. FE10 had some maps with shitloads of enemies and maps could easily take more than a hour. Even worse i didn't knew FE10 Normal mode was actually a Hard Mode and somehow i managed to finish ( with many casualties and resets only on lord deaths ( cough Micaiah and Sothe )

Then i updated my PC and now they both run at 60 FPS and it's a blast to play them. Altough the first time i thought FE10 was near perfect ( except from lack of supports ) and today i don't see it as good anymore. Too many unnecessary jumps between groups.

Hated FE11 and it's generic troops who only had one line the entire game. Hated unlimited reclassing. There was one or other cool moment but it was a bore to play trough and i finished out of obligation.

However i loved FE12 and even the small amount of personality the characters were given make me want to play FE11 again just to see what happened to some of them in the previous game.

I played 4 chapters of FE4 but i don't remember why i stopped. There was one thing that actually pissed me off on that game. It wasn't graphics, i liked the giant maps and etc.

But the units CAN'T TRADE. WTF. Even the pawn shop who supposed would allow trade actually requires money and since all characters have their own money sometimes you can't use a good weapon if you don't know beforehand when and where it's gonna drop and babysit who should last hit. That's bullshit.

And now i'm dying of antecipation of FE13... That's it...a really short resume of 11 years playing Fire Emblem.