Internet explorer faster than google chrome?

Melonhead

So I tried a speed test with the two, seeing which loads a page faster... and the winner is internet explorer. What the heck? Have any of you experienced similar results or better browsers? talk about it below.

Isn't it probably because you use IE less often anyways so it has less shenanigans to load and deal with. :?

OK this wording sucked but I'm too lazy to fix you got what I meant.

Edited by Roxie

Isn't it probably because you use IE less often anyways so it has less shenanigans to load and deal with. :?

OK this wording sucked but I'm too lazy to fix you got what I meant.

could be something with the cookies. I use chrome for my forums and logins these days.

My problem with IE is more that it doesn't load a bunch of stuff and is reliant on Windows being up to date for it to be up to date than it being slow.

Idk, when I tried to start using google chrome it seemed fast at first until only after a couple days or so and then it seemed to be slower than what I was used to. I've just been using Firefox for the most part especially because I use it for Chatzilla and I'm too lazy to get one browser for chatzilla and another browser for everything else (I tried it before and it was no fun =<)

Chrome seems to do well running youtube videos though x3 But I was told that of course they'd put more effort into running their own products~

I have tried all the different browsers and I honestly do not see what's the big deal with all the IE hate over the others. To me, they achieve the same god damn same functions essential of any browser. The page loads .10 sec faster than the others >_> big whoop.

Give me Android Dolphin bowser!!!!! Bowser.gif

Edited by Erika the Explosive One

People still use IE? Ewww.

I run on Opera and its...oddly faster than Firefox. Hmmm.

Yeah I tried out Opera too

And of course it was super fast at first then got slower... I don't know which seemed to end up faster for me, but messing up on a few things mixed with my laziness mixed with format being different from what I was used to made me switch back to Firefox x3

But once I get a new laptop then I think my slow on them might be fast for this laptop so as long as I can remember the speed of this thing, I will be satisfied with the "slowness" of that new thing =3

I have tried all the different browsers and I honestly do not see what's the big deal with all the IE hate over the others. To me, they achieve the same god damn same functions essential of any browser. The page loads .10 sec faster than the others >_> big whoop.

I would bet that the bad reputation comes from Microsoft sticking for 5 bloody years with Internet Explorer 6.

On top of never getting certain innovations like the handy ability to have multiple tabs, Microsoft only fixed security holes when the stars lined up properly and often not even then. And once you have a bad reputations, they are very hard to shake off.

Edited by BrightBow

IE is way, way better than it used to be. I still prefer Chrome or Opera, but I'd use the latest IE over the latest Firefox these days. Firefox is just a bad Opera these days, it makes me sad.

Edited by CinderSkye