Fire Emblem Awakening: 3DS Bundle Thread

Diortem

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh right, one caveat, however.

The game you get is digital, not physical.

That I know. I was considering buying off the eShop anyway. The only thing that really concerns me is if my system or something breaks, will I still be able to redownload the game.

Unfortunately, Nintendo has a very crappy (that is, non-existent) accounts system - your eShop account is linked to your specific 3DS. You can do a system transfer to another 3DS, which will carry over your data and eShop account, but that's not much help if you lose it or it breaks suddenly.

That I know. I was considering buying off the eShop anyway. The only thing that really concerns me is if my system or something breaks, will I still be able to redownload the game.

if you connect your 3ds to a club nintendo account, you should be able to redownload it, but you won't get your saves.

I'm not really sure how it works, though. If the game/saves are stored on the sd card, you might be able to get them back.

Aw. That's really lame. Ah well, thank you all very much for the information. It's something else to consider, but it makes having the cartridge seem that much better.

But still, a new pretty looking system adorned in Fire Emblem stuff! :U

Edited by B00TE

Just as an addendum - I have heard of a handful of people who've had their 3DS break calling Nintendo customer support and having them transfer their system over to a new 3DS. However, this only seems to apply to those with a Club Nintendo account linked to their old 3DS. Even in those cases, it's not a guarantee by any means. Also, it doesn't appear to be possible at all with a stolen 3DS.

I don't know if this helps in any way. Personally, I would go with a cartridge if I had an option.

Edited by Tarquin

I don't know if this helps in any way. Personally, I would go with a cartridge if I had an option.

Leaning that way now. Was hoping Nintendo would have something in place for this. Which is a damn shame really, it's a great looking version of the system. Oh well. ; -;

Still, good to know and more to consider. Thank you very much :0

Does anyone know if the bundle will be available at other retailers other than Gamestop yet? (preferably Walmart, Target, etc)

I'm waiting to see if there will be an announcement for others, otherwise I'll just get it from Gamestop. I can't resist this 3DS. Maybe I'll get the physical copy as well for collection purposes.

Does anyone know if the bundle will be available at other retailers other than Gamestop yet? (preferably Walmart, Target, etc)

I'm waiting to see if there will be an announcement for others, otherwise I'll just get it from Gamestop. I can't resist this 3DS. Maybe I'll get the physical copy as well for collection purposes.

Just did a quick check, only saw that gamestop has it listed right now. Very odd, since usually if it's a gamestop exclusive, they would come right out and say so. In addition to gamestop's marketing/hyping it, etc. You may need to wait until the release date is closer. Or ask your local stores, though your answer might be the same thing. I've not had good experiences with my local stores, but if you know yours and how they've done things in the past, you may be better off.

I just got an idea!

1. Buy FE: Awakening Bundle.

2. Separately buy physical copy of FE: Awakening.

3. Your friend just bought a new 3DS. (if not, convince them to)

4. System transfer.

5. Your friend now has a virtual copy of the game (you may or may not charge them for this) and you have a physical version AND a cool 3DS!

Problem Solved!

I just got an idea!

4. System transfer.

5. Your friend now has a virtual copy of the game (you may or may not charge them for this) and you have a physical version AND a cool 3DS!

Problem Solved!

Awesome idea. lol

I just got an idea!

4. System transfer.

Problem Solved!

I was actually considering something along these lines. My friend just bought used 3DS to play Zelda on, but I got him hooked on the FE demo. He got pretty angry when I mentioned the FE 3DS, since it would have been about $50 more for a new system and a game he now wants, in addition to being to late to getting a full refund for.

And while charging them to offset the cost would help, not sure I could do it to a friend unless they insisted or bought the cartridge for me. Would feel weird.

Just did a quick check, only saw that gamestop has it listed right now. Very odd, since usually if it's a gamestop exclusive, they would come right out and say so. In addition to gamestop's marketing/hyping it, etc. You may need to wait until the release date is closer. Or ask your local stores, though your answer might be the same thing. I've not had good experiences with my local stores, but if you know yours and how they've done things in the past, you may be better off.

The official website says Gamestop and participating retailers, with the Zelda 3DS bundle they went right out and said the exclusive stores. Closer to the release I'll check with everyone. The main reason being I don't have a Gamestop nearby at all, and I don't want to wait for shipping from ordering online.

In that case, give them the virtual copy for free. Out the kindness in your heart.smile.gif

There may be complications though, if he already has save files on his SD card. You may need to look into that.

The official website says Gamestop and participating retailers, with the Zelda 3DS bundle they went right out and said the exclusive stores. Closer to the release I'll check with everyone. The main reason being I don't have a Gamestop nearby at all, and I don't want to wait for shipping from ordering online.

Oh, if that's the case, then yeah that'll be yer best bet. Hope you can find someone that has it stocked.

I pre-ordered the bundle. I wasn't going to. I was trying really hard not to - telling myself that I didn't need it and it's a waste of money. But then I was just sitting at my computer, and next thing I know, I was looking at a confirmation e-mail from gamestop.

I pre-ordered the bundle. I wasn't going to. I was trying really hard not to - telling myself that I didn't need it and it's a waste of money. But then I was just sitting at my computer, and next thing I know, I was looking at a confirmation e-mail from gamestop.

So it preordered itself? XD

Wait, so the bundle got the artbook too? Well, shit... that means I don't really need to pre-order the physical copy from gamestop... wants cancel but too damn lazy to do so T___T

Edited by Kramgnauh

Basically it was a temptation that was too great to resist for Dan. He's probably not going to regret it when it comes to his door.

Exactly. I probably won't regret it when it arrives, but until then I definitely will.

Exactly. I probably won't regret it when it arrives, but until then I definitely will.

And then, after opening the box and wallowing in glory for a day or two, you'll realize that it's just another 3DS... just in a different color (and with a cool design). Regret starts then. :P

I'd rather experience that regret (of spending $200 on a case-change) than not get the 3DS... Too bad I can't get it. :(

And then, after opening the box and wallowing in glory for a day or two, you'll realize that it's just another 3DS... just in a different color (and with a cool design). Regret starts then. :P

I'd rather experience that regret (of spending $200 on a case-change) than not get the 3DS... Too bad I can't get it. :(

And an additional 2gigs of memory, which is actually pretty vital if you're an EShop freak like I am.