Ok so I have a small issue.

Shinori

WHICH GAMES DO I PLAY?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which games should I play till I crash? Any games in the same poll are together. I'll most likely ask for any challenges when I start said game. Please select up to 3 answers.

• Skies of Arcadia
    • Chrono trigger - Chrono chross
    • Fire emblem 11-12
    • Megaman 1-4
    • Final fantasy 7-9
    • Final fantasy 12
    • Zelda OoT - Zelda Majora's mask
    • Cavestory +
    • Megaman x 1-3
    • Tales games.
    • Final fantasy 4-6
    • Kingdom hearts 1-2
    • Breath of fire III
  2. 2. Should I completely speed run them?

So My sleeping schedule has been fucked up that I need to reset it, desperately.

So to do this. I intend to stay up for anywhere from 24-48 hours and then crash at the approriate time of like 10 pm. I'm either starting this today or tomorrow. Now to do this and to help do this I am going to be streaming myself playing video games on my computer through emulators. I was originally trying to see if i could connect my ps3/xbox 360 to my pc so I could just do that, but that requires some equipment that I DO NOT OWN. Which angers me.

So anyway what I need help with is picking multitudes of games to play during this gaming session.

Some rules and stuff to know.

I will be playing the game as fast as I can without abusing glitches.

I won't be power leveling unless I absolutely have to, and if i do have to it will only be the bare minimum just to kill a boss. (This shouldn't be required at all.)

I WILL STILL MOST LIKELY BE READING THE TEXT AND STORIES FOR NOSTALGIA SAKE UNLESS ANY VIEWERS REQUESTED I DID NOT.

The game I can play can range anywhere from like NeS games to Play station 2 and possibly some gamecube games. Hand held systems including ds games I believe are also OKAY.

I would prefer if most of these games were RPG's. I will listen to any requests that aren't RPG games though obviously.

SO PLEASE POST ANY GAME IDEAS AND ANY POSSIBLE CHALLENGES TO GO WITH THEM.

ITS ALL FOR A GOOD CAUSE OF FIXING MY SHIT SO I CAN ACTUALLY GET OTHER SHIT DONE.

Mind you when I start streaming the stream will be linked here.

Current suggested games:

Skies of Arcadia

Breath of Fire III

Chrono trigger - without using combo attacks.

Advance wars

Fire emblem

Mega man 1-4 marathon

FF7

FF8

FF9

Grandia

Kingdom hearts

Most other final fantasy games before 12.

FF12 (Lolinteg I THINK SHE SAW THE ABOVE LINE)

Cave story

Super Ghouls n ghosts

Hotline Miami

MM7

MMx1-3

Ys games

Tales of Phantasia

Ocarina of time, no heart containers, beat the forest temple wearing iron boots and broken knife throughout. That was a brilliant challenge and if you've played and enjoyed OoT you'd definitely like it. Or hate it.

Edited by Shinori

[spoiler=spoilsport 2013]I hate to be "that guy," honest, but in my experience doing something like that just makes me wake up at, like, 2 naturally, or later, to catch up on lost sleep, further fucking it up. I'd think the "easiest" way to get back to sane sleeping would be just to get yourself tired by vanilla means- don't eat or drink anything with caffeine or sugar after 7ish, do something to tire yourself out just before you get ready for bed, like going for a tiring run or doing pushups, turn all the lights out as soon as you get back and don't use the computer or listen to anything but the most relaxing music after 9ish, and being male, masturbate maybe try to relax all the muscles in your body and use a simple form of meditation, like listening as attentively as possible to all the sounds around you/focusing on everything that you feel/keep your eyes and mind as still as possible as you lie in bed.

That said my money is one seeing how far you can get in the main quest of Skies of Arcadia, skipping all the dialogue and side stuff that isn't very directly on the way to advancing, before you drop. I would watch this yes.

Edited by Rehab

I generally just don't sleep for a while. It's what I always did for fixing my schedule.

Skies of arcadia is an amazing game. I will add this to the list of possibilities.

I'll most likely post an order of games once I've decided what I'm going to play.

Hot cocoa makes me feel sleepy~

But I don't think it works like that for everybody...

And your sleep schedule is probably way worse than mine used to be~ But I just used hot cocoa to let me gradually improve mine =3

Hot cocoa makes me feel sleepy~

But I don't think it works like that for everybody...

And your sleep schedule is probably way worse than mine used to be~ But I just used hot cocoa to let me gradually improve mine =3

You must post a game suggestion! Or just second a game already suggested!

<3

Cave story

Super Ghouls n ghosts

Hotline Miami

MM7

MMx1-3

Ys games

Tales of Phantasia

Fucking hop to it

I KNOW LIKE FOUR OF THESE GAMES.

And haven't played any of them.

I'll definitely have a good list of games to play for the next two days if I start this today.

I just need to decide. Do I start this today in like an hour and a half or do I start it this evening? (Already in the middle of effed up sleep schedule, I'd most likely be asleep right now if it wasn't for this thread.)

So much Final fantasy.

How about Ocarina of time, no heart containers, beat the forest temple wearing iron boots and broken knife throughout. That was a brilliant challenge and if you've played and enjoyed OoT you'd definitely like it. Or hate it.

It forces you to think outside the box to reduce the challenge. You don't have to do it, and since you're doing it today/tomorrow I probably won't watch as tomorrow is the start of exam fortnight for me. Just thought I'd bring it up.

If you're interested, when that challenge was presented to the best speedrunners in OoT, the best time was 1:40:XX with the average at about 2:10:XX. That was skipping all child dungeons though.