Which difficulty mode are you planning on starting with?

Tarquin

186 members have voted

1. 1. Which mode will you play on your first playthrough?

• Normal
    • Hard
    • Lunatic
  2. 2. Will you chose Classic or Casual mode?

• Classic
    • Casual

Went through Normal/Hard/Insane in order when I first played it. Classic for all.

I'll probably go for Hard Classic right off the bat when the American version comes out because why not. Maybe I'll jump right back into Insane for the hell of it to see what I can do.

Edited by Othin

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll most likely do Normal/classic, since my pride and old fashioned-ness won't allow me to do casual...

I usually start all FE's on Normal,(if applicable) the exception being New Mystery, since there was no reward, and really no point since all the goods were gotten after you beat hard mode

Hard/Classic

For the challenge? No. Radiant Dawn has me confused, as in Easy=Normal, Normal=Hard and Hard=Lunatic. So I'm convinced that Awakening's Hard mode is actually Normal. Ughughughugh We'll see.

The modes of difficulty are explanatory...

But whats the difference between casual and classic mode besides the fact that one does not perma kill your people?

Casual also allows you to do FE10-style Battle Saves.

Honestly, I would have to disagree with this part. I think a large number of Fire Emblem characters would still be very well liked/cared about even if the series had no perma-death feature.

I probably worded that wrong, Since this is a true post, since a lot of Fire Emblem characters are indeed loved even if they were never in danger of dying, but I think that perma-death just has the player be a little more cautious than most other strategy games would.There's a very realistic chance of a character dying, and never coming back, after all. Which makes some people have some semblance of caring for even characters that they hate. I'm not saying that the majority of Fire Emblem characters are unlikeable without perma-death, just that it gives you an extra reason to take care of your units.

Sorry about the rant, I just wanted to correct my mistake.

Replace Casual with fatigue system introduced in FE5 please!

YES, ALL THE YES.

Erm I mean. I liked the fe5 fatigue system we should have a fe try it again :D

Normal Casual on my first play (feMU), Lunatic Casual on my second (manMU)

I'm a perfectionist, and I can't let anyone die, even characters I hate. The only thing classic mode ends up doing is making me lose an hour of progress if the boss decides to stop being fat and move off their throne (as occasionally happens.) Casual is a godsend to me.

...that having been said, even when I used it in FE12, I still did anything possible to prevent characters from dying - it just made SURPRISE AMBUSH or CRITS EVERYWHERE easier to live with. And I still occasionally reset upon deaths anyway just out of habit, so whatever.

Normal/Casual. First save (Female MU)

Normal/Casual 2nd Save (Male MU)

Hard/Casual 3rd save.

I still will try to protect my characters anyway, but dying against the boss, or even worse an unwanted renforcement when I almost won is the most frustrating things ever.

I may try Normal/Classic depending of the difficulty, but all the harder mode will be in casual. (If I ever want to try Lunatic...)

Edited by TendaSlime