[spoiler=Session 5]

ALCG0334_zpsa1ba6cce.png

How dare you come back with a /full shitting army/

And that monk has guard cancel.

ALCG0335_zpsf64eac35.png

God I love muskets.

We give 'em a good, hard hiding.

ALCG0336_zpsf141c781.png

Halfway through the Battle for Redwall, all the remaining actions are ours.

ALCG0337_zpsdc38bc6d.png

Redwall, having lost their title city, asks for Muppet Panda to aid them. I'm in a three-front war now. Great.

ALCG0338_zps1b2789f8.png

Nnnnnevermind.

ALCG0339_zps2a1ad26b.png

HOW DO YOU HAVE /MORE/ TROOPS NOW THAN WHEN I BEAT YOU THE FIRST TIME

ALCG0340_zps02da3465.png

Fuck. This could be trouble.

ALCG0341_zpsd2db630c.png

... Well I wasn't expecting a total rout.

Right, Redwall's down and the faction is weak. They get the ire of my B-Team for the time being.

ALCG0342_zps28d8b6f9.png

About 500 pikemen hold off the enemy.

ALCG0343_zps74468806.png

The town of Cornwall falls.

ALCG0344_zps9c942291.png

I'm... a limited amount of scared.

ALCG0345_zpse907c912.png

Ookubo must wonder what he's gotten himself into...

ALCG0346_zps2bbee959.png

Oneshot by Ranmaru... so much for elites.

ALCG0347_zps004dbca4.png

Nevertheless, the warrior proves strong opposition. He mauled Unkei. Even so, we take the hamlet of Streetwall.

ALCG0348_zps11df6806.png

Oh no not Tutoria

I can sponge up that loss.

ALCG0349_zps4a5c9afe.png

I tell ya, nothing is sexier than coughing up blood on your sleeves.

Repeatedly.

ALCG0350_zps8d127baf.png

I will obliterate your puny kingdom. And when I do so and my army marches through the streets, you will be the first to die.

ALCG0351_zps5d34173b.png

This is it. The final siege on Hadrianwall.

ALCG0352_zpsf3fc2522.png

S.K. drops the soap.

ALCG0353_zps8f0ac89a.png

Reskinned Rance Attack clears out my front line.

ALCG0354_zpsbeca8241.png

The losses are close to 600 from this attack alone. We... don't win. Also Rance was killed. And apparently you can't let him do that... a pity, really.

ALCG0356_zps6ebe3acf.png

So I somewhat more conservatively 'accept reinforcements' on my turn when I reload. Uruza is... sort of overpowered, apparently. I mean I thought GANKO was good but...

I had to sack Scout Andy, but Suzume's just as good. Also had to sack Shit Bald Warrior. Again, think I made the right choice.

ALCG0357_zpsceaf9121.png

My A-team gets assaulted by a threatening strike force, but behind these walls they don't pose much of a threat.

ALCG0359_zpsb06c8f67.png

TUTORIAL KING'S GON' FUCK YOU UP

ALCG0360_zps426b8d2f.png

yeah i think we have this

ALCG0361_zps2b85003e.png

Psh, there's 325 of us, this'll be e-

ALCG0363_zps49329845.png

-asy. ... What?

ALCG0364_zps6abea57b.png

Nice pavises there.

ALCG0365_zps8a69160c.png

I swear that's the same bald Hara pike captain that fought for Tenshions as well... christ. He gets around.

ALCG0366_zps49a732e2.png

You can say that again, kid.

Hm... my turn again, but I have an EXCELLENT and COURAGEOUS plan.

ALCG0367_zpsb85ae629.png

IT'S ALL YOU, HACHI

oh no i lost

Now a little scout and-

ALCG0369_zpscbcfc2c1.png

What.

Edited by Furetchen

You have a surprising amount of commanders. Too many, maybe. Definitely more than you can properly support. The difference being that you are fighting three factions at the same point, which is something I comfortably avoided (by not declaring war on Iga, because they never declare war on you).

Right now it might be better for you to leave two of the three factions you're fighting for what they are, and focus on eliminating one. Out of Iga, Asai-Asakura and Tokugawa, Asai-Asakura should be the easiest ones to take out.

So your solution to fighting a two-front war is to invade a third country that's slightly stronger than the All-Stars, which is in the middle of my territory.

You'll forgive me if I say that's fucking stupid.

Anyway, I have enough commanders to handle three even battles, and a couple spares to do things like construct. Suzume can scout. Unkei is the least useful man there, and even then he has guard cancel.

Edited by Furetchen

So your solution to fighting a two-front war is to invade a third country that's slightly stronger than the All-Stars, which is in the middle of my territory.

You'll forgive me if I say that's fucking stupid.

Anyway, I have enough commanders to handle three even battles, and a couple spares to do things like construct. Suzume can scout. Unkei is the least useful man there, and even then he has guard cancel.

He's saying you should instead of fighting a three-front war concentrate on eliminating one at a time. Which is a sound strategy.

FFS, the -maru ending is a dude's name. That's like naming a girl Johnson.

That would be because many of the characters in the game are based off of historic characters in Japan, most of them males. Several of the females take these names, for some bizarre reason. For example, Kenshin Uesegi was a famed daimyou during the Senjoku jidai, and Isoroku Yamamoto was an Admiral of the Japanese navy in World War II.

Although he was supposedly gay and very effeminate, right? So, uh...maybe she's actually a he. I know there was a way that you could get Katsuie to fall for Ranmaru and there was an ero-scene, but I don't recall if there was any kind of penetration.

Huh.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

you know what would be great

if people would stop reminding me how shit this game is

Also Nazi Pope was arguably worse than Rance, but I'm holding out for a Top Five Finish for Rance regardless. Maybe third.

• 2 weeks later...

[spoiler=Session 6]

Okay, so it's been forever... but can you fucking blame me?

ALCG0370.png

Presenting Texas, in their natural state of Not At War With Me. I forget why I took this screenshot.

ALCG0371.png

The battle for Galatasaray starts anew. Their 255 ninjas... deal 29 casualties to Uruza. Think that lass is a keeper.

ALCG0372.png

I brought Unkei along to guard cancel |\ momo, but ... that wasn't really necessary. Unkei's... terminally shit.

Anyway, I win the fight easily.

ALCG0373.png

This can only end well.

(Actually, it kinda does. There don't seem to be any drawbacks.)

ALCG0374.png

The hannies march to war.

ALCG0375.png

KEIKAKU MEANS PLAN

ALCG0376.png

Next turn I assault the Allstars again. We have half the battle to just beat on Inukai.

ALCG0377.png

They assault my territory on their turn. Muskets get the first shot of the battle... Mutou doesn't enjoy it.

ALCG0378.png

Oh shit.

WELL THEN MAY JUST HAVE TO CEDE SOME TERRITORY

ALCG0379.png

So this is Iga's final stand. They... appear to have settled on a certain theme. oh well shouldn't be too touAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

ALCG0380.png

Ranmaru is the first of my men who gets the chance to act. We're... we're not feeling too great. Fortunately, we're losing SO HARD right now we've actually reached a sort of Failure Overflow, and a lot of their winning didn't count for anything. Except casualties. Massive, massive casualties.

ALCG0381.png

I manage a good fightback

ALCG0382.png

Do you feel like a winner, Inukai?

ALCG0383.png

I launch a follow-up assault... but they have enough reinforcements to beat it back. I guess it was a bit of a long shot...

ALCG0384.png

k that gamble did not pay off

LOAD~

ALCG0385.png

So I stall and impose a decent ~4k levy on some other province. Now I am rich. Woo! They attack the Oil Fields to no avail. (these screens are in a slightly confused order)

ALCG0386.png

ALCG0387.png

Final battle for Galatasaray. Mercifully Ninja King doesn't let loose the 101 Dalmatians at me. Given how close we were to not-quite-a-rout, that was... the closest total victory I've ever had.

Sadly, Inukai gets away again. If he takes Galatasaray back in anothe rcutscnene, I fuckin swear...

Also I kind of want to crush HobbiTon. They have 6k dudes and 14 commanders. That's... kinda sorta pathetic.

So I decide to crush HobbiTon.

ALCG0388.png

ALCG0389.png

What strength? Your army is weak.

ALCG0390.png

Uh... huh.

All the Hobbiton commanders are fucking geriatric.

ALCG0391.png

Or children.

ALCG0392.png

Hara Shouji's 'murder everything' skill is quite useful.

ALCG0393.png

Not even F. *Kyuuto can stand in our path.

ALCG0394.png

Kid, even the Saddle Club fought better than this, get your fucking act together.

ALCG0395.png

He starts crying, slitting his wrists and listening to shitty emo music.

ALCG0396.png

ALCG0397.png

Then he summons some undead robots or sth

ALCG0398.png

Imareal Boy George the archer captain tries to kill the robot zombie and fails. She kills a bunch of dudes in a cutscene. And yet...

ALCG0399.png

WOW HOBBITON

NOT EVEN YOUR UNSTOPPABLE CUTSCENE APOCALYPSE ACTUALLY SURVIVES

GG

wait, what

how the fuck

THEY TOOK THE FUCKING PROVINCE.

WITHOUT A FIGHT

ALCG0400.png

Guess who's ceding more territory this turn~~~~~~

ALCG0401.png

Minecraft is assaulted by barbarians.

ALCG0402.png

MAN IF ONLY THEY HAD ANY OTHER UNIT TYPE

They're forced to surrender.

ALCG0403.png

I respect Mouri's priorities. But alas, Minecraft is no more.

ALCG0404.png

No comment.

ALCG0406.png

I have only contempt for Hobbiton as I prepare to lay waste to the Brockenborings. Not because I loaded a save, because I wouldn't do that.

ALCG0405.png

Rance corners the second vampire golem.

Who explodes.

We autolose somehow.

ALCG0407.png

See this is why I'm not all that scared of the enemy

ALCG0408.png

This, too. Paddlepop Man heads to the front lines to see how the vampire golems fight. He begs us not to defend ourselves. It doesn't work.

Anyway, because he's in love with robots, he lets the last one go. They're out of cutscene wins. This shit is mine.