Midnight Crew Mafia

scorri

@Manix: Explain why you aren't for an Elie lynch anymore?

I never said I wasn't

honestly i'd be okay with a lynch on any of othin/psych/elie today

this hasn't changed

I'd consolidate on either of the other two

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also wtf is up with "meta sucks but 13th is acting like 13th so we shoulsnt lynch him"

I'm not using meta to make him innocent, or make him guilty. I just said I have no comments about him other than "he's being 13th", which means he's acting like he always does and I have nothing more to comment about it, aside from what I already had. I said we have little in our hands to be saying he's scum.

Rapier where is your vote

Too much info and I'm busy reading manga now, so maybe tomorrow. I want to think more about it.

I found this gem of a post while rereading the thread. Look at the bolded part and try to assume a scum mindset. kdanger is something like an ITP and a non-scum, so Elie has sort of revealed that he is scum here and knows immediately that kdanger is a non-scum.

That second paragraph on Psych could be Elie trying to hard defend his scum buddy, Psych. Both of them have to be like into now.

##Unvote: Manix

##Vote: Elieson

I don't even know what the hell ITP is so I'm going to assume you mean Third Party or some variant.

Was this quote from before D2? If yes, then it's a good lead...

Okay so, while Othin may seem a nice lynch (especially since some of his recent posts have been bothering me a bit, and the "oh I don't really know what to do now" spiel has been overused by scum lately), I don't particularly enjoy BBM's tunneling. His contributions have also significantly deteriorated in quality. Ftr BBM was my towniest read yesterday but it's agitating that he isn't listening at all and handwaved Prims's Manix case multiple times.

I checked the Quicktopic and Prims wants to add he feels BBM's scumhunting has become a lot more self-centered (for lack of a better word); as in, he won't consider other peoples' opinions very much. He thinks Othin might be a mislynch target that scum are taking advantage of (our scumreads are the ones voting him, ie Manix and Elie).

This bothers me quite a bit because I'm pretty sure I've said more on the topic of Manix and 13th than you have about Othin. And prioritizing isn't the same as handwaving and you know it. I didn't handwave Manix's earlier play, I said that it wasn't as scummy as Othin or Elie's play. And the reasons that Prims gave about Manix's late D1, I did comment on directly. If my play has been centered around my primary scumread, how has your's not been centered around Manix/13th?

As for my contributions deteriorating in quality, I was less busy on Day 1 than I am right now. And if other people beat me to saying something about somebody, I don't see a particular need to restate it.

Anyways, my lynch priority goes Othin > Elie > Manix > Psych > 13th, out of the people who seem to be up for lynch discussion. Can we get votals please?

Okay, I reread a bit to try and see why Bizz and Prims find him so scummy, and Manix hasn't done much of anything on D2 other than defend himself and make weak pokes against people, which bothers me. He's said more about Psych/13th than Othin this phase, I think, yet his vote has been on him for most of it. I might actually lynch him over Elie based on their D2s because Elie seems to have done more and made more of a scumhunting effort than him. Manix's 342 and 361 are the only one where I see anything from him. The rest of his posts are just not very relevant one-liners, and even the more substantial posts look bigger than they actually are because of the large amount of quotes and linebreaks in them.

He's said more about Psych/13th than Othin this phase, I think, yet his vote has been on him for most of it.

I can buy Psych but I've mentioned 13th all of once iirc

I'm reasonably sure I've mentioned Othin more than that

and Manix hasn't done much of anything on D2 other than defend himself and make weak pokes against people, which bothers me.

and some of those people aren't even responding to the questions that I ask them so how is that my problem?

anyway i'm reasonably occupied right now so i can't make a detailed post but i'll get to it

I had some questions for psych/mancer/elie in previous posts that they haven't answered still so they should get on that

Not counting your last two posts, 342 is quite literally the only post where you've argued against Othin or even mentioned him. And my mistake, when I said 13th, I meant Elie. And speaking of Elie, your argument against him is pretty weird. Why does him not mentioning you at all make him scummy? FYPOV, if you're town and he's scum, what reasons would he have for NOT mentioning you? If he was scum and you were town, he'd want to push your lynch, not disregard what you're saying. That would be more likely to occur if you two were scumbuddies.

re: othin

i swear i mentioned him in a second post somewhere but maybe my mind is playing tricks on me

re: elie

that's in addition to earlier reasoning from D1 BBM

it's like ignoring a common ground that most people should probably have commented on

which is pretty much just not giving an opinion so he can redact some reasoning later when I flip (eg if I flip town he could go "well i knew he wasn't scummy" and if i flip scum he can go "well i thought he was scummy")

do you see why it's a problem?

anyway i have time now to make a post so off I go

expect othin/elie cases in a while

Othin case:

this post says he hasn't seen a compelling reason to change his RVS vote, yet doesn't explain any other thought process behind it

which he fairly quickly redacts 2 posts later.

More reason why lynching Kiryn is a bad idea, and more reason why the mafia would want it.

in particular stands out because he implied before that kiryn was a decent lynch (by keeping his RVS vote on her), which is a complete flip of opinions

i already noted during D1 (from memory) that Othin's reasons for suspecting Prims were weak at best

empty unvote from Prims without any reasoning behind it (the post didn't address Prims at all, just kiryn

again, isn't specific at all about exactly why elie was scummy (giving room to redact in reasoning later)

and then finds kiryn a possible lynch target again even though he said it wasn't earlier (see above quote)

and he didn't even make an explained link between why elie/kiryn would have suspicion based on their flips

he flips back again to saying it's a bad lynch, based on flavorspec

two things:

how are you sure it's a fakeclaim

rolespec is dum

She claimed no one targeted her, yet someone did. So either she doesn't have Eagle Eye or she's lying about it for some reason. Either way, she's not town.

you're assuming that psych is trustworthy as well, which again leads the question

how can you be sure?

his thoughts behind why it might have been a fakeclaim were weird because it depended on trusting an unknown (which if he was scum, he'd know that psych would be telling the truth (or faking it if they were both scum), etc).

that said he did acknowledge it here as a possibility:

Good point, we can't assume that. But if Psych is lying for some reason and Kiryn really is town, is that any more reason to lynch her? I don't think so.

etc and then the discussion continued as usual (test the LP claim)

honestly the initial jump to trusting psych was weird, particularly looking back

quick to jump to a conclusion, and shinori refuted it well.

the logic leap in Othin's post makes me think that he's trying to push something but isn't really trying to find scum with it

and he was very easily convinced to change his mind which rings alarm bells (pot this is kettle i know, i don't care)

damn sure i've addressed this already but let's go again

he's basically keeping a non-concrete opinion to give room to say "well i told you" when I flip (response based around what i flip ofc)

also waiting for people to give you reasoning is suspect

I don't really have thoughts on him other than unexplained "bad vibes" I didn't even think were worth bringing up until Bizz insisted.

so basically he admits he doesn't have much on me which leads as just above

uhhh this was just bad in that he chose to play the snarky comment card instead of actually trying to rectify the problem posed to him

basically tl;dr

not many opinions

not really scumhunting

the opinions he does have aren't backed up strongly

isn't attempting to fix the contribution problem

I don't even know what the hell ITP is so I'm going to assume you mean Third Party or some variant.

Was this quote from before D2? If yes, then it's a good lead...

It was from before D2.

22:39 <scorri>: mrrr i was going to do votals in MC

22:39 <scorri>: could someone do them for me?

22:39 <scorri>: cause sleep time

Othin (3): Elieson, BBM, Manix

Manix (0): Levity, Mancer

13th (2): Shinori, Levity, Shinori

Shinori (0): Othin

Rapier (1): 13th

Elieson (2): Aleph, Mancer

Aleph (0): Shinori

Edited by Sangyul

Huh? I don't think phase ends for another 23 hours, if the time listed in the thread's subtitle is correct.

Manix- that case against Othin looks awfully similar to mine, but eh, I want to see your case against Elie first.

Anyways, I believe we need 6 votes for a lynch, and 3 people not voting (the amount of people not voting currently) at deadline means we lose, as it's 3.66 rounded down. So Othin, Rapier, and Psych need to get votes down for someone.

Okay so hi I am mostly here to relay opinions from Prims to you guys, I need to actually give you more of my opinions too but I'm tired/I have a lot of the same opinions as Prims right now (and we have basically the same scumreads, except I think I've been a little more scrutinizing of Othin in the Quicktopic; Prims didn't think as badly as Othin as I did before)

However @Rapier, handwaving 13th 'for being 13th' is based on metagaming. It's as simple as that. You're metagmaing 13th. Stop trying to skirt around that.

I still don't like "well maybe your case on Manix just isn't GOOd enough," yet didn't offer any real cases of your own and still haven't placed a vote. Dude, place a vote. Even Obviam placed a vote and he's been busy playing gay video games or something.

You defending our scumreads isn't looking too great for you, either. We could just lynch you today for being wishy-washy, scummy, and useless and end up with information based on the scummy players you softcore defended today.

BUT anyhow

After reading through Rapier's wall post and noting his lack of vote, Prims came to the conclusion that Rapier is scum. He listed off some things, such as how he went from picking on BBM to townreading him (waffled), is only nitpicking people rather than scumhunting, waffled on Mancer ("Mancer is scum" to "Mancer is okay I guess"), stated Othin had 'cool opinions' when he hasn't really had opinions all game, and just... generally didn't really accomplish anything.

ALSO @OTHIN: DO SOMETHING. You currently have the most votes on you and you still don't have a vote?? Is there anyone at all you want to lynch today? Because if you can't choose a target better than yourself, maybe we should just lynch you and get it over with.

So could we please agree on a lynch today or something, ideally I would really like a Manix/13th/even Rapier or Elie lynch more than an Othin one but if we need to get a roleclaim out of Othin since he's been close to 0% helpful to town then that's cool too

PSYCH OTHIN AND RAPIER PLACE A FUCKING VOTE YOU GUYS HAVE NO EXCUSE FOR BEING USELESS

all of the caps lock rage

Anyways, just saying that I agree with what Prims said about Rapier.

Also, this: You defending our scumreads isn't looking too great for you, either. We could just lynch you today for being wishy-washy, scummy, and useless and end up with information based on the scummy players you softcore defended today.

Is that directed towards me or Rapier?

making detailed elie case now

Manix- that case against Othin looks awfully similar to mine, but eh, I want to see your case against Elie first.

so we find him scummy for similar reasons. and your point being here is what BBM? I explained exactly why I saw him as scummy.

also after eliecase i'll look at rapier (considering the attention he's getting (and also because i need to follow through on that superearly suspicion of mine that i haven't mentioned since))

I haven't finished my Manix case yet I realize this and I'm sorry but since it's taking me so long I should pull up Prims's reply to BBM at least. FROM PRIMS @BBM: When BBM dismissed his Manix case, he said Manix really wanted Elie lynch but went for a lynch instead on someone he didn't find scummy just because of their claim, which is bad. Why would he want to lynchproof test over lynching his #1 scumread? Also Prims says to look at Manix's post #207; it sounds like he was driving the town hard into a lynchproof test without even considering that kdanger may be scum.

Prims also thinks Manix isn't putting much effort into the game as a whole. In his post #401 he responded but didn't offer any contributions besides that, and didn't have any interest in consolidation or anything

so we find him scummy for similar reasons. and your point being here is what BBM?

ew this is kinda gross