Change for Reparation 0.87h!

Gaggle of Geese

That makes more sense. And I guess it does get him out of the "name sounds like Cecil from FFIV" thing. No? I was the only one who thought that? I concede on Byron/Vylon as well, I guess I'm used to Byron as a name more so than Vylon.

Is Mjolnir the localized Torhammer? Rackesis just seems odd to me but that's probably due to playing the fan translation so much. Seliph is better than Celice imo. Always pronounced it as Selis to make it sound less feminine before anyway.

I don't think they'll create as much rage with the localized names here as they did for the FE1 remake unless they change Alvis to Elvis or something equally ridiculous. Eltshan is another one that might be weird since i've seen it translated as Eltshan, Eltosian and Eltoshan in the past.

If anyone is confused, like I was at first, Helswath is the axe formerly known as Swanchika.

I'm still not sure what to think of the official translations. Most of them make sense (even Yewfelle and Forseti, surprisingly), but Rackesis? Vylon? Seliph? I'd love to know why they picked those when the "fan translations" seemed to fit very well (Lachesis was one of the Three Fates, Byron was an influential English poet, Celice has etymology links to "celestial").

Salamander is badass though.

Where are you getting Rackesis and Vylon from? I haven't seen either of them on the Localized Name Discovery thread or the main site's FE13 section.

Where are you getting Rackesis and Vylon from? I haven't seen either of them on the Localized Name Discovery thread or the main site's FE13 section.

I assumed they were the "official" names, as the Fire Emblem wiki (which updates constantly to the names) lists them as such.

I assumed they were the "official" names, as the Fire Emblem wiki (which updates constantly to the names) lists them as such.

Those are their NoJ names, and the FE Wikia (lol) has been using them forever. It's not a recent change in the slightest.

Those are their NoJ names, and the FE Wikia (lol) has been using them forever. It's not a recent change in the slightest.

I didn't think it was a recent change, just that it was more recent than the other names. Eh, whatever. I still refer to Lachesis as Lachesis, and switch between Vylon and Byron whenever.

For what it's worth, we'll probably be seeing Lachesis as a DLC opponent in a few weeks and we'll have our answer then. Vylon, on the other hand, doesn't show up in FE13 in any capacity.

So Vylon's going to be Schrodinger's translation...