So we all like Makalov...

I myself have never used Devdan, but he seems to be usuable from the get-go. It's just that he's pretty much ignored in favor if Nephenee, who's very popular in the fanbase.

TBH, Blue haired Female Foot Units are often very popular.

And generally kinda average like Lilina or fe9!Mia.

Devdan is okay. He's not the best, he's not the worst, he has a double fire affinity at his disposal when paired up with Tormod, but he's a foot unit in a mount-dominated game, and he's not the best foot unit either. The rest of his supports are both wind supports that he doesn't really want. He needs the knight ward to help his bad speed growth, or else he will probably fall behind, which is not a good thing for foot units who already struggle to keep up. He's very strange personality-wise but otherwise has nothing remarkable to talk about. I admit I like Nephenee more, despite her awful E rank in lances, because she more reliably procs speed and can vantage-wrath, but halberdiers are a mediocre class, especially in this game.

Edited by Samias

Devdan is pretty awful. FE9 HM is something everyone and their horse riding brother has enough offense to handle, and yet Devdan never does and never will. His low avoid makes him really frail too.

It doesn't stop him from being my favorite character in the game, mind you, and I wouldn't dare play without him.

Poor Devdan. Overshadowed by everyone on a horse and that one person named Nephenee. Ive really never tried using him to be honest. Him and Brom are like, the only units i never used in that game. (besides Bastian.) Theres just..never a place for him on my team.

Poor Devdan. Overshadowed by everyone on a horse and that one person named Nephenee. Ive really never tried using him to be honest. Him and Brom are like, the only units i never used in that game. (besides Bastian.) Theres just..never a place for him on my team.

Funny how Brom and Devdan seem to be the 2 characters I use almost every time.

I don't like either Makalov (his personality) or Devdan. Devdan just seems pretty unimpressive to me on the whole with nothing to define him positively besides his joining level. I'd rather raise up Nephenee who is all-around better and has an amazing skill than Devdan.

Devdan is one jive turkey. Having beaten Hard Mode while using units like Rolf, I think it's safe to say that he wouldn't be a huge detriment to a team, unless you went full mount-force and beat chapters really quickly. In which case, his position isn't the greatest. Still a fun guy, and he can share the Knight Ward with Makalov, who I give it to out of horribly bias preference.

@Dunban: Good lord, you've used Lucia?!!?!?