New Playthrough

Just wanting to play Path of Radiance again so doing a Normal Mode playthrough with nothing really special. I'd like feedback on my team if people wouldn't mind it. Thanks in advance for any comments.

1) Ike-Resolve, Wrath

Support: Soren-A

Stat Boosts: None

Band: Knight’s Ring

Common Ike but my last playthrough I tried the Resolve Wrath combo and absolutely fell in love with it so it's my go-to combo now for Ike. Soren support being really the only thing Ike has needed as they give each other good bonuses. Nothing really special here.

2) Titania-Sol

Support: Boyd-B; Mist-B

Stat Boosts: Dracoshield x1

Band: Knight's Band until 20 then Knight’s Ward

Titania may not be an amazing unit, but she doesn't turn out too badly. I've used her all the way in 2 playthroughs, my first and my Female Only play, and she maxed Strength in the second so I am hoping for that. Titania is my only character who will not receive an A Support, but she gets exactly what she wants and needs from Mist and Boyd: Attack and Defense while getting more Defense from her support along with some Avoid. To add to the Supports, she's getting a Dracoshield, the Knight's Band for Attack and Defense growths, and the Knight's Ward to hopefully make her a good tank and a good unit to provide a third person for Mist and Boyd's group.

3) Oscar-Sol

Support: Kieran-A; Tanith-B

Stat Boosts: None

Band: Fighter’s Band

Oscar is, well, Oscar. Always turns out well, except for one playthrough but I don't think about that one. His supports do pretty well for him and make him an even better dodge machine than he normally is. I plan on giving him Axes upon Class Changefor optimal offensive power. Not much to say about Oscar as he always ends up one of my best units.

4) Boyd-Guard, Vantage

Support: Mist-A; Titania-B

Stat Boosts: Dracoshield x1, Talisman x1, Skill Book x1, Speedwing x1

Band: Sword Band

Ah Boyd-meister my classic powerhouse. His supports add Defense to him and Mist adds some Attack to his Attack support for even greater power; and while most people may comment 2 mounted units may not be great for him, Boyd can easily carve a path and keep the distance between the two of them easily enough and normally Titania isn't going to use all of her movement unless I need her to. Since Boyd can start a little wobbly in some stats, I give him some stat boosts to fix these problems, the other half of these going to Titania and Kieran, who can suffer the same faults as Boyd. His Skill combo has turned into my favorite for him and none of my other units really need/can get this combination so Boyd becomes the natural holder over it and boy does it increase his endurance.

5) Soren-Adept

Support: Ike-A

Stat Boosts: Boots

Band: Laguzguard

One of my favorite units in FE history and one who doesn't need much help at all. I plan on increasing his Lightning along with his Wind, something I have never done, so I can hopefully be able to wield Tornado and Thoron later in the game. The reason I chose Lightning as a second weapon is basically for the power and anti-dragon magic is helpful.

6) Mist-Sol, Miracle

Support: Boyd-A; Titania-B

Stat Boosts: Spirit Dust x1, Ashera Icon x2, Arms Scroll x2

Band: Mage Band then Laguzguard

I remember the first time I tried Mist out. She turned out amazing and became a staple unit ever since. Pretty normal stat boosts/supports/band for her as far as I know and the Sonic Sword being the natural fit to her making her simply amazing.

7) Marcia-Adept, Savior

Support: Tanith-A; Kieran-B

Stat Boosts: Seraph Robe x1, Energy Drop x1

Band: Wyvern Band

First used Marcia the same time I first used Mist, my Female Only Playthrough, and loved her ever since. She gets the same stat boosts as Tanith due to needing the same boosts early on. Her supports add both add to her Avoid and she gives them extra Attack in return. Adept is a natural fit and Savior is a filler, but there's nothing else to really give her as a second skill.

8) Kieran-Sol

Support: Oscar-A; Marcia-B

Stat Boosts: Talisman x1, Skill Book x1, Speedwing x1

Band: Archer’s Band

Kieran is getting the second Stat boosts that Boyd got, as I said above, his supports add Attack and Avoid to him and it all just works to fix any bad stat of his that he may have had.

9) Tanith-Reinforce, Miracle

Support: Marcia-A; Oscar-B

Stat Boosts: Seraph Robe x1, Energy Drop x1, Spirit Dust x1

Band: Full Guard

Tanith has been a staple on my team since my first playthrough and she just does her job well. Spirit Dust is to give her Magic Weapons a little extra kick and lets her ORKO the Wyvern boss with the Bolt Axe taking him out of the battle Enemy Turn 1. Not a huge amount to add for her just that she gets good Attack and even more Avoid with her supports.

Seems fine. FE9 is a simple enough game to use almost anyone, and you have a heavy majority of mounted types, so you're fine.

Part of me is telling you to use Makalov. Expect to stomp the game.

Seems fine. FE9 is a simple enough game to use almost anyone, and you have a heavy majority of mounted types, so you're fine.

Part of me is telling you to use Makalov. Expect to stomp the game.

I've honestly always wanted to use Makalov I just feel he may require a bit of the stat boosts that others have and I am unsure how to fit him into my supports or what Skill(s) I'd give him.

No one in this game really needs supports (though as we all know, Earth-Earth is godmode). He starts off a bit mediocre, but if you give him the Knight Ward, or let the BEXP soak in, he'll turn out fine. The threshold to magnificence in this game isn't too high up. Only thing annoying about him is that he joins right before a desert map, limiting his usefulness severely. What I did to get him off his feet is give him special swords, like the laguzslayer, longsword, etc. so he could get kills in easier.

I'd think Gamble would be a skill too appropriate not to use on the guy as well.

Speaking of Reyson, did you think to give the Knight Ring to him? I know you're set to give it to Ike and all, but Reyson seems like a valid choice as well.

If I were using Reyson I'd probably give it to him.