1 number rng hit rate?

Belf

Does the hit rate for fe6 use the two-number rng system like in fe7, or 1 rn? I keep finding differing answers to this, and in my personal experience, fe6's rng is really fickle and less predictable than fe7's.

No, it's just that hit rates on average are lower in FE6 because every weapon has at least 5-15 less accuracy than they do in FE7, giving the impression (see: recall bias) that it uses a 1-RN system.

Edited by Agro

I remember asking Nitrodon about FE6's RNG, but I can't quite remember the details. It still uses the 2 RN system, but I think there are some very slight differences--probably nothing anybody should notice.

The "best" difference is that it's theoretically possible for a 100% hit attack to miss because of a rounding error, but the chance of that occuring is reeeeeeeeally small.

I remember asking Nitrodon about FE6's RNG, but I can't quite remember the details. It still uses the 2 RN system, but I think there are some very slight differences--probably nothing anybody should notice.

The "best" difference is that it's theoretically possible for a 100% hit attack to miss because of a rounding error, but the chance of that occuring is reeeeeeeeally small.

Heh heh. Funny you should mention that. I just created an account to inquire about that. I just witnessed a Berserk with 100% Hit Chance miss my Douglas. o_O Glad to see this is known.

It uses a 2-rn system, but as I recall it is a bit glitchy for whatever reason.

Ja, FE6 has a weird buggy RNG. It rarely happens, but it's possible to miss with 100% displayed hit in that game.

EDIT: I really should read the whole topic before I make a reply. Sorry VASM.

Edited by Darros