Awakening Localized Name Discovery Thread

I think someone was wondering this before--Gerome's (and probably Cherche's) cutesy name for Minerva is "Minervykins."

(Source: Gerome & Lon'qu Parent-Child support C)

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get lots of random Streetpasses, and well...

Just yesterday, I recruited Phail, a Bow Knight...Today I see Auffle, a Sage.

(The others I have recruited are Arake and Pyragar)

I can't tell if it's me being insulted, or my other 3DS...XD

I'm not sure if I should put this here, but the official site character bios for Tiki and Nowi seem slightly contradictory. Tiki is the most likely to sleep in, while Nowi is the biggest oversleeper.

Which is it? blink.gif

I'm not sure if I should put this here, but the official site character bios for Tiki and Nowi seem slightly contradictory. Tiki is the most likely to sleep in, while Nowi is the biggest oversleeper.

Which is it? blink.gif

Oversleeper means she stays up late the most, so there is no contradiction.

It just occurred to me that we might get King vs. King next week.

And when that happens, we learn the English names for all of the following characters:

Maris

Roro

Ethlin

Cuan

Evayle

Jamka

Levin

Arden

Dagda

Arthur

Olwen

Fee

Salem

Cyas

Ira

Alvis

Leidrick

Skashashasahser

Lakche

Lachesis

Mareeta

Aless

Altenna

Julius

...as well as confirmation of Sety -> Seti following Forseti.

This is gonna be good. I'll bring all of the popcorn. Only one I'm hoping for is Cyas -> Scias, so that I can think of this every time I see him.

This is gonna be good. I'll bring all of the popcorn. Only one I'm hoping for is Cyas -> Scias, so that I can think of this every time I see him.

I have no idea why, but I keep thinking we'll end up with "Silas". Can't even begin to imagine where that notion came from.

(a slightly more reasonable guess on my part is Levin -> Levine, simply because we already have the unrelated Levin Sword)

Skashashasahser made me laugh way more than it should. I mean, it must have took me five minutes trying to say it.

I guess we all knew Seti was coming, but... It still hurts. Does Forseti really look that much better than Forsety?

...And did that really look so much better than Holsety?

I mean, I was all for Swanchika being changed, but I really, really wanted Holsety.

Aww, well.

Edited by Valorous_Roland

I'll be preparing my warnhammer for next Thursday. This is gonna be delicious.

EDIT: @VASM: That's because screw romanizing Gaelic, that's why.

(actually i thought the actual place was spelled lenster until i played crusader kings 2 last christmas)

Edited by Integrity

If I were to take a guess, probably for the same reason Orleans and Macedonia got renamed... except I have no idea why they made those changes, since other real-places names throughout the series are left intact, like Crimea.

Silesia got renamed as well, so the Awakening translators seem to be removing all the real world names from Jugdral while keeping the mythological references intact..

They're still going to be stuck with Bern in Elibe and Crimea in Tellius, though.

(a slightly more reasonable guess on my part is Levin -> Levine, simply because we already have the unrelated Levin Sword)

I'd be alright with that, but I don't see anything wrong with Levin it alone.

okay this is the worst thing that i've ever typed

Since the Lost Bloodlines 1 map will be released in just a few more minutes, just wanted to say that I'll take up posting all of the new localized names in this post. I'll edit it once I've downloaded the map and got to the preparations screen.

Okay, here's the localized names.

Dagdar

Salem

Olwen

Eyvel

Saias

Mareeta

Raydrik

Arden

Jamke

Raquesis

Ayra

Lewyn

Arvis

Arthur

Larcei

Ced

Julius

Malice

Quan

Fee

Altena

Ares

Ethlyn

Ulster (Skasaher)

Legion (Roro)

I think I love the localization team for making Roro Legion.

Edited by Shadow Stalker X

Interesting. I like them

I'm kinda surprised that Eyvel stayed the same, also QUAN, now I can call him Sun Quan for lols

Edited by Maverick Hunter Jedi