Awakening Localized Name Discovery Thread

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eldigan...? Ahahaha...

BTW, for anyone who's beaten the two latest episodes, what are Alm and Eldigan's titles? I'm especially curious what Alm's is, since he had the same title as the Ylissean rulers in the Japanese version.

Alm is the Exalted King, I believe. I don't have it in front of me, but I'm fairly sure that was it. It definitely started with Exalted.

Alm is the Exalted King, I believe. I don't have it in front of me, but I'm fairly sure that was it. It definitely started with Exalted.

I can confirm this, I just cleared the map and have it on the screen right now. It is Exalted King.

Eldigan as a name just hit me out of left field, anyone know the etymology behind that one? I was honestly banking on Eltoshan or Eltosian to be honest. Oh well, nothings gonna stop me from using my Fire Emblem 4 favourite.

Edited by Leonhardt

Eldigan as a name just hit me out of left field, anyone know the etymology behind that one? I was honestly banking on Eltoshan or Eltosian to be honest. Oh well, nothings gonna stop me from using my Fire Emblem 4 favourite.

Eldigan is a place in Russia. Unfortunately that's all I know, it does sound Arthurian without being so though.

By the way, what does Mae's real Japanese version name is if anyone knows (was it actually May or was it a different name? - It didn't appear in the FE13 legacy name chart for her NOJ name) and also, the name chart on the news section is missing Mae and Alm's and Eldigan's title (Exalt King and Lionheart) is missing in there also.

Edited by King Marth 64

By the way, what does Mae's real Japanese version name is if anyone knows (was it actually May or was it a different name? - It didn't appear in the FE13 legacy name chart for her NOJ name) and also, the name chart on the news section is missing Mae and Alm's and Eldigan's title (Exalt King and Lionheart) is missing in there also.

Mae isn't there because she's not actually in the game, she's just incidentally mentioned in passing. That's my assumption, anyway.

Also, Nomah is mistyped as 'Normah' in that link.

I don't know if this was mentioned yet, but the adjective form of 'Jugdral' is 'Jugdrali', as stated by Chrom:

"That was Arvis... the villain in every Jugdrali saga I've ever heard."

Actually, we got the "Jugdrali" demonym back in LB1:

Katarina: Lord Horace, we don't have much time before the Jugdrali finish us off.
Hardin: The Jugdrali fight well...but I will not lose to them again...

but yeah, it's still a really nice touch

Edited by bookofholsety

Hey, I didn't see this while skimming through, but in your SpotPass "card" thingy, you can choose where you're from, and like a gazillion localized names for locations in other Fire Emblem games are in there. I can type them up later if you want, since I'm pretty familiar with the JP location names/spellings in the older, JP-only games.

Somebody already posted a list of location names earlier, but since I don't have the game to check, I don't know whether it was a complete list or not.

For reference, all the locations I'm aware of are listed here.

Edited by VincentASM

Somebody already posted a list of location names earlier, but since I don't have the game to check, I don't know whether it was a complete list or not.

For reference, all the locations I'm aware of are listed here.

Ah, okay then. I had checked the page at some point but didn't remember seeing the location names. It looks like there could be more, so I'll check when I get home to make sure.

Edited by Darkslime

This is probably really pointless of me, but nonetheless: from LB3 tomorrow, we may be getting English names for Chalphy, Barhara, Heim and Baldo; in the Japanese version, all four names pop up if you say no to the "Have you heard of Seliph?" question. Of course, this assumes that they plan to adhere to the Japanese script; they could easily change it to avoid mentioning any of these, but it's something worth keeping an eye out for.

okay I'm done being useless

Okay, the Smash Brethren pack and Smash Brethren 1 are available, and here's the new localized names.

Raigh (Ray)

Sophia

Cecilia

Perceval

Shanna (Thany)

Lugh

Just checking out Lost Bloodlines 3, and it seems the name of Eyvel's group is called the Fiana Freeblades.

Including what BRS has put down

Baldur (Baldo)

Saint Heim

Belhalla (Barhara)

Chalphy

Crusader

And the minor note for Vincent, Seliph's title is "Scion of Light."

Edited by Shadow Stalker X

Baldo the Crusader is now Baldur. Saint Heim is still Saint Heim. Barhara is now Belhalla. Chalphy is still Chalphy.

Edited by Black★Rock Shooter

And the minor note for Vincent, Seliph's title is "Scion of Light."

this seems vaguely familiar.....

*something something sword hand twitches*

I mean, I could maybe grind Renown by buying Mist's services over and over and over again, but I'd need to be watching a movie or something while I do, otherwise the boredom will kill me XD

I'm about 6-7k right now, so I'd need to buy her services...at least 1880 times.

._.

it's a good thing you're specifically talking about grinding for Renown lol cool.gif

Edited by shadykid

Okay, the Smash Brethren pack and Smash Brethren 1 are available, and here's the new localized names.

Raigh (Ray)

Shanna (Thany)

Raigh and Shanna eh? Interesting. If Shanna had one less N it would remind me of the character from Legend of Dragoon :P