Grandjackal, Blindly Stumbling Around Tear Ring Saga!

grandjackal

I never mentioned anything about the Hero/Knight Proofs? My point was that sure, Sharon can face EP combat, but why would you have her do so when she's not as good at it as those other guys?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course it's feasable, why wouldn't you use them all? Would be a waste for a promotion item just sit and do nothing, especially since in this game you can't resell for stuff like stat boosters or other promo items.

That being said, there are a lot of knight crests and not a lot of good units to use them on, while there are few hero crests and many who want them. It's far easier to argue promotion for Sharon on this basis than it is for Reniee.

Pretty sure Ester is worth a crest, but idk about Arkiss/Kriess, since Arkiss has str/wpn lvl base problems and Kriess is a slug.

Shirou might be worth dat knight crest.

Considering you have about a million knight crests, go for it. Most knights are not long term, so you might as well get them good sooner rather than later.

Problem with the Knight Crest promotions is that the gains are usually garbage. Estelle and Narron are like the only exceptions. Commando Knights get garbage gains, Iron Knight is almost a purely trash promotion, Generals suffer move as always, Seargent gains are just bland...I mean really, might as well promote knight bow users if only to give them more flexibility.

Lady Knights and Norton at least get a mount on promotion so there's at least something decent there. A small benefit for Commando Knights is that they can use lances when dismounted. Shirou's just not even worth it when Leonheart's around and when he doesn't even get skills himself.

Most of the good knightly types don't even need a promotion to function well enough, such as Zeek, Roger, Loffaru, Leonheart and Mintz, even if you had issues with him.

Edited by Doga Blockovich

Lady Knights and Norton at least get a mount on promotion so there's at least something decent there. A small benefit for Commando Knights is that they can use lances when dismounted. Shirou's just not even worth it when Leonheart's around and when he doesn't even get skills himself.

Oh, I thought indoor lances was unique to Raffin. Guess it's Commando Knight deal. Good to know. Not sure why I thought it was unique to Raffin.

As for Norton, the big issue with him for me is that he's so slow even with swords, and that indoors he's even worse than if you just didn't promote him. Lady Knights at least have bow use indoors to put them above most dismounted indoor fighters (another reason I absolutely hate Mintz, by the way).

Most of the good knightly types don't even need a promotion to function well enough, such as Zeek, Roger, Loffaru, Leonheart and Mintz, even if you had issues with him.

I think most things are more subtle than just pure stats for knight classes, such as weapon selection and dismounted performance. Lothar and Zeke though are definites (though I would recommend you using Narron rather than Zeke if only to keep things simple).

Took a bit of a break, kept flubbing on chapter 10 even though there is no reason I should have (accidentally got in range of enemies at the end before Mintz could show up. Slapped myself for it). Chapter 10 is just so boring I wanna get it over with so I can play Holmes's maps which are absurdly fun and yay filled.

Speaking of which, I'm actually using Vega this time instead of Barts. If I come back still not impressed, don't be surprised. Also, I hate how Billford and Sharon show up at the end of the route, cause I wanna use them this playthrough. Totally won't be save staff abusing Billford's Move growth

Edited by grandjackal

Oh, I thought indoor lances was unique to Raffin. Guess it's Commando Knight deal. Good to know. Not sure why I thought it was unique to Raffin.

As for Norton, the big issue with him for me is that he's so slow even with swords, and that indoors he's even worse than if you just didn't promote him. Lady Knights at least have bow use indoors to put them above most dismounted indoor fighters (another reason I absolutely hate Mintz, by the way).

I think most things are more subtle than just pure stats for knight classes, such as weapon selection and dismounted performance. Lothar and Zeke though are definites (though I would recommend you using Narron rather than Zeke if only to keep things simple).

Took a bit of a break, kept flubbing on chapter 10 even though there is no reason I should have (accidentally got in range of enemies at the end before Mintz could show up. Slapped myself for it). Chapter 10 is just so boring I wanna get it over with so I can play Holmes's maps which are absurdly fun and yay filled.

Speaking of which, I'm actually using Vega this time instead of Barts. If I come back still not impressed, don't be surprised. Also, I hate how Billford and Sharon show up at the end of the route, cause I wanna use them this playthrough. Totally won't be save staff abusing Billford's Move growth

He starts as one and you didn't promote Arkis or Kreiss. I'm positive I thought the same too. Keep in mind some indoor maps allow you to go mounted, such as parts of chapters 16 and Final.

That is true, and his 3 movement for a few levels is not helping one bit, though one could use the chapter 7 arena for a couple of levels on him. Then again, the same could be said for plenty of people. And yeah Mintx has a lot to lose by going dismounted in terms of stats and weapon selection, even losing Charge too I believe. Lady Knights are indeed a bit more fortunate.

I'd probably add skills to the mix while we're at it.

Yeah it's too bad you have to stall your progress until turn 10 for Mintz to get in.

Depending on how fast you go in chapter 18, you might have a good occasion to train them there due to the Exorcist summoning reinforcements.

Fun fact: Mahter as long as she has access to Thunder Sword can ORKO Maerhen. This also allows you to nab his Iron Shield fully in-tact.

That in mind, I think there's actually a way to 2 turn this map. However, I'm not entirely solid about that, so a 3 turn is still reasonable.

PS: Vega's still not impressing me. He can hit level 10 for the first Hero Crest (in fact, could get him to 11), but this just makes him base Shigen. Shigen can hit 10 in chapter 11, and he's simply better forever.

So, let's see Vega's competition.

Barts: Trades some acc for better combat and Charge, not to mention durability (somewhat made up by Shram).

Xeno: Similar bases, but at a lower level and with better all around growths, not to mention can wait for the next crest for Blazing Wind. Also has Sea Fighter, a useful skill to have on Holmes's route.

Shigen: Is just better.

Samson: See Barts, but trade Charge for better everything.

Really, Shram is the only reason to ever bust him out. He doesn't need promotion, he just needs to slay monsters. He doesn't care what level he's at when he does, cause Shram doesn't care. You don't really need to use Vega seriously in every fight.

So.

The Eyeball Chapter.

Who would believe me if I said 13-14 turns? Barring anything that might involve RNG abuse.

Basically here's the basic idea.

You need Yuni and, sadly enough, Maerhen. Maerhen's route is to go through the center of the lava pool and up to the upper right chest, snagging both along the way. Yuni is to take the chest blocked by the boss eyeball, then head to the upper left to snag that. Holmes teams up with someone to go through the small tunnel to the Gatling Bow (whether you killed the eyeball immediately with the Longbow or not doesn't matter, since Yuni arrives at the upper left chest last. Long as you get there, might as well grab the extra exp).

You will need to have someone specific to take out the boss. Vega I will concede is the best guy to do it cause even with base Str after a promo he ORKOs it with Shram, though a trained Barts can also do the job fine. Otherwise, I guess you're gonna have Shigen burn up a few Dullahan uses.

It might have been less troublesome, but this run the boss eyeball decided to spawn creeps...5 turns in a row. Yeah, that was fun.

Bright side: Lionel is level 14. Him with an accurate spear can do the job ok, since most of the eyeballs are usually at split health. Shigen is also level 15 promoted, so I already have Rising Dragon. Though, I doubt that really matters much.