Ye olde introduction

RedJ

Found out about this place about a year ago while digging for English patches for the SNES games. Decided to join the forums now because why not.

Anyway, I wasn't really into FE until recently. As a matter of fact, I hated the series for the longest time. I played Sacred Stones not long after it came out in the U.S., and I wasn't particularly fond of the permadeath thing, partly because it had the potential to cut off important plot points later on, and partly because characters had literally no reaction to other characters being killed, no matter how close they were (an issue I admittedly still have with the series to this day). Then I turn around and play Shadow Dragon a few years later, which forced me to kill off a character at the beginning, and needless to say I thought I was done with the series. Fastforward to about two years ago, when I wasn't an easily irritated kid picked up FE7 out of sheer boredom, and to my surprise I actually enjoyed it. Not long after that I started seeing things about Awakening, liked what I saw, and decided it would be a good time to actually get into the series. Annnnd...here I am now.

Probably wont really be posting much until I get my hands on Awakening. I imagine I'll be hanging around the Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem section as well.