Quick Question

febandit93

Since the game is going to be pushed back, I'm thinking of downloading the game as well as picking up my physical copy when it comes in. Will my save files from the downloadable one be playable through the physical copy as well? Or do they take up different memory? Thank you!

I believe that the physical copy is saved onto that game's cartridge and the digital copy is saved on your memory card. So they'd be saved on separate places.

On this same note, are all DLC and Spotpass able to be obtained on the digital copy as well as the physical? I am considering getting the bundle, but I want all the DLC and a good portion of the Spotpass.

Any DLC and Spotpass related stuff can be gotten for either the physical copy, digital copy, or the bundle. You just need to go to the eShop to get it.

No, you can't transfer saves to the DL version from the physical and vice-versa.

Well... from what Iwata said in a Nintendo direct... if you have the cartridge first, and then you buy the digital version... they'll provide a function that lets you transfer the cartridge save to the digital copy on the SD card... though I don't know if it's limited use... or how it even works, because I don't buy digital copies of the non eShop exclusive 3DS games.

Well... from what Iwata said in a Nintendo direct... if you have the cartridge first, and then you buy the digital version... they'll provide a function that lets you transfer the cartridge save to the digital copy on the SD card... though I don't know if it's limited use... or how it even works, because I don't buy digital copies of the non eShop exclusive 3DS games.

Sigh... yes. But does that even have a release date on it yet?

And I remember reading it was japan only anyway.

Well, for now, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

No transferring between those two I guess. Which is why I refrained from the temptation of actually buying the digital copy before I get my cartridge.

No sense in going through Lunatic Classic on two US copies that can't transfer saves.

I believe Nintendo Japan said they will release that data transfer feature in March for Japan. But otherwise, no solid release for that feature stateside.