Master Seal vs. Second Seal

I think a master seal can only promote;

And a second seal can do that as well, so there's no real difference.

I assume master seals are cheaper/easier to obtain, though

Not quite.

Master Seal is used on a level 10+ first tier class to go to a second tier class that is connected.

Second Seal has two different uses - if used between level 10 first tier and level 9 after promotion, it'll let you change into any first tier class; after level 10 promoted, it turns you into any second tier class. Consider it a "sideways" promotion; you're reset to level 1 in the new class regardless.

They also have about the same chance of showing up and cost the same (2500)

As for when to use them... I'm to understand that generally, there is no real benefit to remaining in a class once you've acquired all of its skills (level 10 for first tier; level 15 for second tier or 'unique' classes like Villager, Taguel, etc), so you should probably do so. What you choose to promote into - either an alternate first tier class to develop new skills quickly or a second tier class for stat boosts... that's up to you.

Not quite.

Master Seal is used on a level 10+ first tier class to go to a second tier class that is connected.

Second Seal has two different uses - if used between level 10 first tier and level 9 after promotion, it'll let you change into any first tier class; after level 10 promoted, it turns you into any second tier class. Consider it a "sideways" promotion; you're reset to level 1 in the new class regardless.

They also have about the same chance of showing up and cost the same (2500)

As for when to use them... I'm to understand that generally, there is no real benefit to remaining in a class once you've acquired all of its skills (level 10 for first tier; level 15 for second tier or 'unique' classes like Villager, Taguel, etc), so you should probably do so. What you choose to promote into - either an alternate first tier class to develop new skills quickly or a second tier class for stat boosts... that's up to you.

Costing the same amount is strange, since second seals are more versatile...

thanks for that info!

I guess if you are in a situation where you can use the master seal, you might as use it, since you can then keep your saved 2nd seal for the class swapping.

So is there not really much benefit in waiting until Lvl 20 in the first tier to promote to Tier 2 anymore?

I shouldn't imagine so, unless you want to save money by using as few Seals as possible. As far as I'm aware, however, money seems fairly abundant in this game.