Reclassing Questions!!

Ghostlander

Alright, my main question is, When I reclass a character, does their appearance always change?

If so, can anyone provide any links to examples of this in images or video?

(1) MAINLY, I want to know, because I want to reclass Gerome as a War Monk but, I fear that his black armor would be white robes or something, which would really be wrong with his head and mask.

I just wouldnt want dumb looking combinations for the sake of a new class.

(2) ALSO, could anyone give me reclassing suggestions? Which units would be better as other classes?

(3) OR what class the my unit would fit into best?

(4) Also, how do you get to be a dark knight?

Edited by Ghostlander

(1) MAINLY, I want to know, because I want to reclass Gerome as a War Monk but, I fear that his black armor would be white robes or something, which would really be wrong with his head and mask.

I just wouldnt want dumb looking combinations for the sake of a new class.

As I understand it, the majority of reclassed units are dressed in predominately blue; nobody gets their own palettes for classes outside their primary class tree. So a War Monk Gerome would be in blue robes, as would most classes, but a Wyvern Rider, Wyvern Lord or Griffon Rider Gerome would all retain the black.

(4) Also, how do you get to be a dark knight?

The Dark Knight is part of the Mage and Dark Mage class trees; anyone with access to those will be able to become a Dark Knight.

IT says that Gerome can also class up naturally to warrior or hero? Is this correct?

And all outside body models clad in blue? Seems kinda...even more generic than generic.

Anyone have any images?

Edited by Ghostlander

IT says that Gerome can also class up naturally to warrior or hero? Is this correct?

Correct; Gerome will have access to Fighter as a reclassing option regardless of parent, and those two are promotion options for Fighter.

And all outside body models clad in blue? Seems kinda...even more generic than generic.

That's kind of the point, being the generic class colour scheme and all. It works pretty well for some units (War Cleric!Cherche comes to mind), but not so much for others.

I noticed a good portion of the Gen 2 males can reclass into Barbarian, even Laurent. Is this just a coincidence or to illustrate how harsh and savage their world is?

It's mostly because of class/gender compatibility. Quite a few mothers have access to Troubadour, a female-exclusive class, so their male children instead get the Barbarian line; in Inigo's case it's to substitute for Dancer. On the other hand, in this regard Yarne is kind of an oddball; Wyvern Rider, one of Panne's reclass options, is avaiable to both genders, but for some reason Yarne has it replaced by Barbarian.