Don't know what mode to play anymore X_X

Xeph

I tried hard mode but when I tried to do the children sidequests the enemy forces were well out of my league, I started a normal mode I just steamrolled right through it. Should I keep going with normal or do hard mode again now that I know what I'm up against. Also when is a good time to start doing the children sidequests.

I would recommend hard, and I used one focused team (I paired up the characters I didn't use via grinding) and I did most of the children's quests as soon as they were available. (Wanted to recruit my Avatar's children first, so I did 10 then 12, and the rest in a random order.) Although I had a few promoted units (Avatar, Chrom, Virion, Cordelia, and Sumia) so that helped.

FYI the Children's sidequests are for the most part harder than the main story.

Edited by Zelos

At around chapter 15-16, Cynthia's was relatively easy. Noire's is a bit difficult but definitely doable, and Jerome's is still basically impossible at my point (roughly chapter 18), unless there's no point in protecting the villagers.

Edited by Constable Reggie

I know morgan, Kjelle, and Owain's are the easiest. so i should save the rest til post game? cuz the all the other ones destroy me

I wouldn't say until the post game, but it all depends on your skill level/whether your units have gotten good level ups/you have a few promoted units that aren't Frederick, because if I remember correctly a lot of the enemies have forged silver weapons. (I did this all on hard mode)

I managed to do most of them after Chapter 13, then wanted to progress the story so I did the remaining four (8, 13, 14, 15) as I progressed through the story.

Edited by Zelos